Hot toys Batman Begins Toyfair exclusive Damage Report!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It seems kinda difficult to replace the arm? You have to slide it in and then try to stick it in the hole (that's what she said) blind. But it does sound like a great idea, because like you said I'm nervous to get a bad suit still.

Is it broken at the elbow or above the bicep near the shoulder joint?

If it's the elbow, you can easily swap and snap them back in, no problem (Hot Toys figures were originally kit figures that you'd assemble yourself. The arm and leg limbs snapped into the body).

Just got mine today, I can't spot anything wrong, but I've been handling it very delicately, barely even touching the actual figure. Tomorrow, I'm probably going to get a little more in-depth; check out the suit, joints, etc.

Above the bicep near the shoulder joint. I slid the whole arm out and it's a clean snap. It's just a ball. The peg is probably still in the socket.

Oh, well then that is going to be a little harder to swap. I'm not even sure how you'd fix that.

Your best bet is to hope for a perfect rubber suit. Just wait for the replacement body and see how it is. Sideshow won't do you wrong. From there you can just take your Batman head, hands, gauntlets, cape, belt and boots and attach them to your replacement body.

That's your best option right now. You shouldn't settle with a broken arm, especially at the bicep/shoulder.

Good luck.

Me? Depending on the condition of the suit, I'll try and just swap the lower legs out. The suit/body I have is in perfect condition except for that lower left leg. Quick swap and it'll be perfect.

Oh, well then that is going to be a little harder to swap. I'm not even sure how you'd fix that.

Your best bet is to hope for a perfect rubber suit. Just wait for the replacement body and see how it is. Sideshow won't do you wrong. From there you can just take your Batman head, hands, gauntlets, cape, belt and boots and attach them to your replacement body.

That's your best option right now. You shouldn't settle with a broken arm, especially at the bicep/shoulder.

Good luck.

Me? Depending on the condition of the suit, I'll try and just swap the lower legs out. The suit/body I have is in perfect condition except for that lower left leg. Quick swap and it'll be perfect.

Yeah I know, I'd hate to settle. The guy on the phone did sound really nice and helpful (and genuine ::shock::). But like I said (I don't really care to have his arms raised anymore so if worst comes to worst, I think I'll be OK. Batman looks really great as is right now. We'll see what happens. It is an easy swap if I get a great new body (first before destroying anything). And I should note that I keep my figures for me. I'm not the kinda guy to sell them so that's good in this regard. The 'essence' of Batman is now on my shelf and that's all I want.

Just recieved mine. I have to say the face sculpt is AMAZING!
I have checked his suit for dents, looks fine.
I have gently moved his arms and legs and they appear ok.
The right ankle however is quite loose. I carefully removed his boot and popped it out, nothing appears broken, however it is a very very loose connection when you pop the ankle back in.
is there anything else i should be looking for?

This figure sounds like a big disaster. SHEESH. Can't wait to get mine in and check it out.

I'm an MIB collector as well except when it comes to Hot Toys. IMO they're made to be displayed.

I briefly display my first hot toys Silk Spectre and her boots stuck on the type on the base which ruin it. It's hard to justifying paying so much to have something like that ruin it :eek:. I also have Warmachine & BD eX Iron Man sealed. I want to open it, but I don't want any mishaps.. :dunno:monkey3

commtech - i suggest that once you get the replacement body compare them both minutely. Inspect every area, mess with the articulation and determine which one is really the best. The replacement body may just be better than what you have so doing the arm fix and destroying the remainder of the replacement may not be the answer. Just my 2 cents.

Inspected mine today, broken right arm at the elbow, broken right ankle fresh out the box. Oh yeah snapped right wrist peg, seems to have been glued in.:mad: Damn you hot toys :mad:

Unfortunately as the prices continue to rise, the quality control has continued to fall.

Always seems to be the way with any company like this that finds great success, and then ramps up to cash in on the demand, no doubt cutting corners along the way just to be able to get it all done. Seems to be a vicious circle. And unfortunately it is the customers and collectors that end up suffering for it.

Very true! :lecture

The same will cause their downfall if this keeps up! :mad:

Hmm strange... as you can see from the picture below, I took the rubber suit off. This was to see where exactly the right arm and elbow were not cooperating in staying in bent position. Once without the suit, the whole arm felt just as tightly articulated as the left one, so I put the suit back on and the problem had disappeared. I didn't do anything extraordinary and the joints went back to being tight. Strange.

2011-10-24_23-01-49_15.jpg

Hmm strange... as you can see from the picture below, I took the rubber suit off. This was to see where exactly the right arm and elbow were not cooperating in staying in bent position. Once without the suit, the whole arm felt just as tightly articulated as the left one, so I put the suit back on and the problem had disappeared. I didn't do anything extraordinary and the joints went back to being tight. Strange.

:peace Whatcha been smoking :rotfl
So now what? Isn't SS sending you a new body already?

The fact that you could take the suit off without ripping the rubber is a really good sign - it suggests that despite the fact that it feels thinner it might actually be pretty strong.

Get that mask from the Green Goblin and you could have a diorama from the scene where Bruce is spraying the suit!!

Back