Hot toys Batman Begins Toyfair exclusive Damage Report!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't posted here in like a 1 and 1/2 yrs ago since my Hot toys Tumbler owners thread.

Its a bit kinda sad this happened

Hey guys - I spoke to someone at SideShow they said to just provide pics, (I told him I got a video) and I sent him a link with the pictures attached of the shattered socket and a video in youtube. I wrote them that the figure is in perfect order (which it is for me) and I didn't want to destroy the figure for just a faulty boot and I wanted a new one...simple.

Oh and also - wait for a week to reply as they MAY take that long - he stressed that a lot.

Here's the video....

I know its crappy, its my first time, be gentle.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V73r823Wj5U[/ame]

^ Yep - My boot has shipped.

:horror HOLY BAT-TAINT! :horror

2011-10-25_08-33-18_447.jpg

^^^ WOWWW - that's great news - hopefully SideShow can help me out. I'm sorry for your figure! but your reply made me feel better!!

I hope everyone can get a happy and safe resolution for this issue...

well thats why im fricken confused .. he said Green Goblin not New Goblin :mad: :banghead :thwak

Sorry for getting my Goblins confused.

I had nt seen the "New Goblin" for a while when I posted and on second glace I can see that his mask,indeed,looks nothing like a car shop sprayers.Does such a thing exist in 1/6?

Got this last nite and on initial inspection its as expected, the rubber was dented. How these people took the time to excessively wrap the figure in plastic AND not notice that is beyond me, I could see it before I even removed the plastic tray covers. Either HT has a problem hiring people with decent eye sight or they knew the problems and thought it wise to ship them out anyway. In any case we were taken for fools. I can give them the benefit of the doubt in the case of broken ankles and paint rub-off, its entirely plausible that none of those were easily noticeable or in full effect when these were boxed but the suit? No regard for the customer whatsoever if the consensus was that we would accept that.

Here's what I got:

Rubber Suit: $225 figure, $2 rubber(or free @ the clinic!) DENTED
BW Headsculpt: nowhere near the rubs I've seen just some really small shine spots that sort of look like brow sweat, could live with it if it were the only issue.
Right Ankle: looser than the left but not just hanging there, didn't feel anything broken or crunchy (yet) but when I get home I'll be more thorough.
Left Gauntlet: the first 2 "claws" are much closer aligned than the right one.

The arms seem to be good, no articulation problems though all I did was twist them up to a boxing stance. Looks like they really need to rethink their plastic wrap policy and try to use foam instead. Some of the parts that were wrapped definitely have shine scuffs.

Based on the way i'm reading the endless damage reports is it correct that if you have "broken" parts you'll get a destroy order and replacements will be sent but if your only gripe is the forehead scuff or the dented suit you'd have to return the whole figure and repurchase another gamble?

I forgot to mention that I noticed some oily stuff on the body (especially on the legs) once I took off the suit. Not a lot, just a bit. I think they applied that so the rubber suit would slide on easier on the body. When I put the suit on the regular advanced true type, it left a few black stains on the body. I believe it was from this oily stuff.
All right freaks, I hope this report was informative.:wave

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

When will they learn? They could use talcum or other powder and accomplish the same thing!

Just opened mine & the right rip cage area is dented in & it's not a slight dent & I haven't taken it out of the plastic shell yet. Just wanted to look @ the figure, hope thats all thats wrong with it. Never had a damaged figure out the box before, I'm new to hot toys & I have only bought 6 figures including this one but if this is what we are going to get in the futureI'll have to drop hot toys. these things are way too much money to have crappy quality control.

Just opened mine & the right rip cage area is dented in & it's not a slight dent & I haven't taken it out of the plastic shell yet. Just wanted to look @ the figure, hope thats all thats wrong with it. Never had a damaged figure out the box before, I'm new to hot toys & I have only bought 6 figures including this one but if this is what we are going to get in the futureI'll have to drop hot toys. these things are way too much money to have crappy quality control.

True. Hot Toys needs to get their act together. For the prices that people are paying, Hot Toys need to quality assure each figure that they box.

But, then again, all of the returns on this figure to Sideshow (exchanging defective parts, etc), isn't helping Hot Toys in the least. They're paying the price right now, for their lack of quality control. Hopefully, they'll learn a hard lesson from this.

But, then again, all of the returns on this figure to Sideshow (exchanging defective parts, etc), isn't helping Hot Toys in the least. They're paying the price right now, for their lack of quality control. Hopefully, they'll learn a hard lesson from this.

Unlikely. SS can turn around and fill a wait list order and odds are they'll find someone less picky.

I also ended up with a bad boot. This has to be the the faultiest figure I've got from HT.

Not even opening mine. Sending it back to SS for a full refund. FTS.

You're not going to lose anything by keeping the figure sealed. Sideshow encourages their customers to open up all packages, and inspect the contents for damage. If there's something wrong with the figure, you can still send it back for a full refund. But, there's a good chance that your figure could be flawless.

It's your call. :dunno

Jesus Christ!! :lol

Gotta learn to ignore certain kinds of posts but it's very hard given there's so many.

Anyways, Sideshow have offered to replace the leg. But for those with the foot issue, we really only need the boot with the foot in it yes?

Yes, boot feet or Beets as some call them.

Back