Hot Toys: Beetlejuice 1/6 Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guess you get more for your buck when you dont pay enormous licensing fees…

stan-brother.gif

They did it.... they actually did it!!!
1725510259323.png

Not gonna lie... in my heart I thought it would be cosbabies or nothing.....
Pity its not the classic film look
But.
Well hot damn!
This is a complete package of a figure especially compared to the Sideshow offering.
It actually comes with the gravestone which is sorely lacking in the SS figure.
And two rooted wool hair sculpts!
Damn

Thoughts on this compared to the Sideshow:
- for 40 GBP more the Hot Toys version comes with the Tombstone, another whole headsculpt, actual wool hair instead of synthetic hair, and a whole bunch of accessories while the SS only comes with the figure and thats it.
- Hot Toys clothing looks far more weathered and grungy, better tailoring with not as unintentionally ugly stitch lines
- Hot Toys paint apps are, IMO, superior and the hair looks better on the HT
- SS is based on the Classic film and look, whereas HT is the new film
- SS has a much stronger Keaton likeness
- because the HT is based on the new film Beetlejuice doesn't have his combat boots or the detailed tie unlike the SS
- SS hands match rest of skin colour, HT hands are inexplicably flesh toned.

1725511507358.png

1725511168974.png

Friggin love this! I actually really love the fact we can now also have the tombstone, something I didn't expect hot toys Todo.

Question now is will sideshow one be worth keeping? Cool that you get 2 rooted sculpts also though I don't know if I will use the eye popping one.
I unironically think this head sculpt is really excellently executed.
1725510496516.png

But yeah.... this is now a really hard decision regarding the SS version.

Wow. They did it. Well... kind of. :lol

HT is like 3 for 3 on these creepy ass smiling sculpts. Ant-Man, Goblin, now this one.

At least the creepy smile is appropriate for Beetlejuice and Goblin? :ROFLMAO:

So, now a figure doesn't have to be Artisan label to have wool/rooted hair just like a figure no longer has to be a DX to have moving eyes. That was short lived :lol At least this comes with the tombstone that Sideshow was charging $125 for separately at the time of the V1

Looks like a quality, fun figure, but not much Keaton in that sculpt. The new Sideshow V2 has more Keaton in it. I dig the accessories on this though.

The label is becoming a little arbitrary but I'm not gonna complain about getting two wool rooted heads for not artisan figure prices :ROFLMAO:
Yep, value wise this is a miles better package than the SS Beetlejuice either V1 or V2 just by having the Tombstone + some other accessories and 2 sculpts.
Gotta agree with you about the likeness though, not seen the new movie so maybe it does resemble him in the source material but what I'm seeing doesn't look that much like him IRL, not like him at all from the first film, and not a strong resemblance to the promo materials I've seen of him for the new film.

Well crap.. question now is do I cancel my pre-order of the Sideshow figure and get this one instead? Seems like this is a far better package. Curious what the price will be but regardless it’ll probably be worth it considering all the Sideshow figure has is the book and the one hand with the nail file.
Agree, decisions decisions - but no doubt this is the better "bang for your buck" package.

Attachments

• 1725511128701.png
    1725511128701.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I hate to give HT so much credit when they didn’t nail the likeness but I don’t know, this release just feels so inspired I guess. While it could be in spite of Sideshow, you get a hell of a lot for $330 with the wool hair, eyes popped head, and tombstone.
I was really just expecting Cosbabies out of this, so maybe I’m just easily impressed by an actual 1/6 release.

Just PO'd it. Can't wait! I've been waiting for a HT BJ for 15 years.

I was worried this would be an "Artisan", so glad that **** is over now, it seems.

The overall detail on the sculpt and suit looks so much better than Sideshow. As for the likeness, it could be better, so hopefully HT improves it if we ***** about it enough. I see Keton in some of the angles and photos tho.

I love that it comes with a second cartoony head sculpt.

I will probably tuck the pants inside the boots as much as possible (like in the photo below), since I prefer the 1988 style better.

1725512890518.png

They did it.... they actually did it!!!
View attachment 724031

Not gonna lie... in my heart I thought it would be cosbabies or nothing.....
Pity its not the classic film look
But.
Well hot damn!
This is a complete package of a figure especially compared to the Sideshow offering.
It actually comes with the gravestone which is sorely lacking in the SS figure.
And two rooted wool hair sculpts!
Damn

Thoughts on this compared to the Sideshow:
- for 40 GBP more the Hot Toys version comes with the Tombstone, another whole headsculpt, actual wool hair instead of synthetic hair, and a whole bunch of accessories while the SS only comes with the figure and thats it.
- Hot Toys clothing looks far more weathered and grungy, better tailoring with not as unintentionally ugly stitch lines
- Hot Toys paint apps are, IMO, superior and the hair looks better on the HT
- SS is based on the Classic film and look, whereas HT is the new film
- SS has a much stronger Keaton likeness
- because the HT is based on the new film Beetlejuice doesn't have his combat boots or the detailed tie unlike the SS
- SS hands match rest of skin colour, HT hands are inexplicably flesh toned.

View attachment 724041
View attachment 724036

I unironically think this head sculpt is really excellently executed.
View attachment 724032

But yeah.... this is now a really hard decision regarding the SS version.

At least the creepy smile is appropriate for Beetlejuice and Goblin? :ROFLMAO:

The label is becoming a little arbitrary but I'm not gonna complain about getting two wool rooted heads for not artisan figure prices :ROFLMAO:
Yep, value wise this is a miles better package than the SS Beetlejuice either V1 or V2 just by having the Tombstone + some other accessories and 2 sculpts.
Gotta agree with you about the likeness though, not seen the new movie so maybe it does resemble him in the source material but what I'm seeing doesn't look that much like him IRL, not like him at all from the first film, and not a strong resemblance to the promo materials I've seen of him for the new film.

Agree, decisions decisions - but no doubt this is the better "bang for your buck" package.
Looks pretty great. The suit is a HUGE improvement(what were Sideshow thinking??) and the rooted hair looks perfect :clap I probably won't pick this up but its great for people who have been waiting a long time for him classic or not

I saw someone on FB complaining about HT making a BJ from the new film instead of the original and comparing it to the Indiana Jones 5 figure, but I don't think it's the same thing. While my ideal HT BJ would be from the OG film, I still think this version looks like the same character from the original, even if he looks older and the outfit and hair aren't the same. The makeup hides the aging pretty well and he looks like BJ. So far, all the reviews are saying he's the best part of the film, and his performance is as energetic as it was in the original film. The same can't be said about Harrison Ford in the last Indy film. I'm still getting the Sideshow figure, but I think this HT BJ blows the SS one away.

Tit for tat, the realism on the HT elevates it so high compared to the SS, even if the SS feels a little more accurate in the likeness.

This is insanely real looking.

I think the furrowed brow on the SS one helps the likeness a lot. The googly eyes sculpt, while obviously over the top, has the brow furrowed and I see more Keaton in it.

Back