Hot Toys Bespin Han speculation thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
While its fun to speculate. Its been more fun building this!

Millenium Falcon Cockpit Entrance!

Bought the 3D file from a custom artist friend and a coworker buddy just bought a new 3D printer so he tested it out on this.

Cost of file, the print, paint, wires came to roughly $200.

Not 100% done yet though. Going to paint the floor grates and Im going to hang the Golden Dice that came with the Solo: SW Story figure.

The Bespin clothes/rig/blaster on the Solo are placeholders till I get the Yunsil/Robbie set.

My original plan was to have it so it can separate in the middle for two separate displays if I ever wanted to display Han and or Chewie alone (but having them together like this makes it hard for me to ever want to separate them now. [emoji38])

View attachment 494161View attachment 494162View attachment 494163View attachment 494164View attachment 494165

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Amazing, Rzeznikk! I'm jealous!:clap

MF custom entrance is very cool Rzeznikk. I’ve been thinking of picking up a 3D printer in a year or two when I hopefully have time to dedicate to art/craftwork. Are the files pre-scaled for 1/6 or do you have to adjust? Is the material resin, plastic or some other material?

MF custom entrance is very cool Rzeznikk. I?ve been thinking of picking up a 3D printer in a year or two when I hopefully have time to dedicate to art/craftwork. Are the files pre-scaled for 1/6 or do you have to adjust? Is the material resin, plastic or some other material?

Thanks, I'm not 100% sure as my buddy is the one that printed it for me. I know the file has 1:6 and 1:12 options. But my buddy said he can resize. I was going to joke with him to print it at 1:4 [emoji1]

Its printed with a type of filament or resin. Id have to ask him what exactly. Definitely feels like a plastic material.

While its fun to speculate. Its been more fun building this!

Millenium Falcon Cockpit Entrance!

Bought the 3D file from a custom artist friend and a coworker buddy just bought a new 3D printer so he tested it out on this.

Cost of file, the print, paint, wires came to roughly $200.

Not 100% done yet though. Going to paint the floor grates and Im going to hang the Golden Dice that came with the Solo: SW Story figure.

The Bespin clothes/rig/blaster on the Solo are placeholders till I get the Yunsil/Robbie set.

My original plan was to have it so it can separate in the middle for two separate displays if I ever wanted to display Han and or Chewie alone (but having them together like this makes it hard for me to ever want to separate them now. [emoji38])

Beautiful work. It’s a lovely display piece and your figures look great.
Does your friend use his printer to do a lot of parts for you?

Beautiful work. It?s a lovely display piece and your figures look great.
Does your friend use his printer to do a lot of parts for you?
Thank you. He's done this and I had him print me some 1:6 Academy Award Oscar's.

I have some other stuff I plan to have him print me yet too.

Well another SW figure release , and no Han or Lando

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope Inigo releases his Bespin han headsculpt soon, but in the meantime I'm practicing with this Knock off from eBay Screenshot_20200830-085723_Gallery.jpg

Cool, yeah - curious to see. They seem to be plentiful and affordable right now.

And yeah I love the huge close-ups they show in the auction pics... of what you won't receive.:lol

The bootleg Hoth Leia head arrived today.
It?s not too different than the HT official Hoth Leia. Sculpt is slightly softer, and the head looks fractionally longer and thinner which will likely be an artefact of the remoulding process. The paint app on the one I bought(Which I bought *because* they clearly never used a HT Leia to solicit sales), is slightly pinker of complection than the HT
I have a spare Hoth Leia head and I have comparison pics below.
Taken on its own merits, for less than $20 shipped I reckon it?s worth it, especially considering what a HT Leia head goes for.

a23ec4632d2856e1f0fd239a1784d6b6.jpg

a6490c7205d27c91432c8b36189c3f0a.jpg

77a6edaf7066fefa39ff71a1209bf622.jpg

937647442136765d9d4ff3536d21e716.jpg

c8cae697db2eeb330d6a5a992ac9593b.jpg

ebfa0399b03b4d1c29d1d8874ad6323d.jpg

6fb42f73157a62f3150078d1a3367ed0.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back