Hot Toys Bespin Han speculation thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m at a point where I’m trying to put a cap on my collection. Since the SS Bespin Han was my first 1/6 figure, it would be kinda poetic if the HT version is my last lol

Disappointing, but I think I would have been MORE surprised if they actually did announce Bespin Han!

I’m at a point where I’m trying to put a cap on my collection. Since the SS Bespin Han was my first 1/6 figure, it would be kinda poetic if the HT version is my last lol

Then they'll drag it out for years to come to make sure you buy more in the meantime. :lol

All of a sudden eBay has a ton of knock off heads for Han. Wonder if any are good enough stand ins? I don’t want to wait 2 years for a proper Han in my collection.

Interestingly, today's PO are meant to hit earlier than Snowspeeder Luke. Hot Toys are clearly caving on TCW figures while they're hot and keeping decade old stars for low times.

So, from a certain point of view, Bespin Han release his neither closer or more distant in time than it was yesterday.

Interestingly, today's PO are meant to hit earlier than Snowspeeder Luke. Hot Toys are clearly caving on TCW figures while they're hot and keeping decade old stars for low times.

So, from a certain point of view, Bespin Han release his neither closer or more distant in time than it was yesterday.

Yep, Hot Toys are clearly banking on CW and Mando S2. No doubt there is quite a few to fit into the next 2 years roughly. Plus any Marvel or dare I say it DC stuff.

HT Thinking : Those old OT guys can wait another 2 years, I mean they've waited 40 years, what's another 2 right !

All of a sudden eBay has a ton of knock off heads for Han. Wonder if any are good enough stand ins? I don?t want to wait 2 years for a proper Han in my collection.

Usually they show amazing pics (of the HT original) then send you the less-than-great "reality" - I assume those Leia Hoth knockoffs will be like that (the pics really do seem to be the HT original, but maybe not) - but those newer smiley Han heads look pretty bad even in the auction pics.

Hope someone buys one of both the Leia and smiley Han head and posts a pic on here - curious to see how they look in hand. I have seen a small handful of bootleg heads that looked very close to the original HT head, but most are a significant step down, and some are undersized (something to do with the recasting process.)

Usually they show amazing pics (of the HT original) then send you the less-than-great "reality" - I assume those Leia Hoth knockoffs will be like that (the pics really do seem to be the HT original, but maybe not) - but those newer smiley Han heads look pretty bad even in the auction pics.

Hope someone buys one of both the Leia and smiley Han head and posts a pic on here - curious to see how they look in hand. I have seen a small handful of bootleg heads that looked very close to the original HT head, but most are a significant step down, and some are undersized (something to do with the recasting process.)
I've seen them before. The Leia konock.off heads are from a third party company called fire toys, they do super good work and have put out unlicensed resident evil stuff and a full leia ep 4 fig as well as the sculpt. They had made amazing assassins creed figs to market to ubi but we all know what happened with that. The smiling is a straight repro of the ht head. Sorry to say I dont have pics of either. But I've seen for the bespin hans people using either the jnix or space tracker sculpts

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I've seen them before. The Leia konock.off heads are from a third party company called fire toys, they do super good work and have put out unlicensed resident evil stuff and a full leia ep 4 fig as well as the sculpt. They had made amazing assassins creed figs to market to ubi but we all know what happened with that. The smiling is a straight repro of the ht head. Sorry to say I dont have pics of either. But I've seen for the bespin hans people using either the jnix or space tracker sculpts

Good to know and hope they are on-par with the HT or close to it, though I did notice that a single auction on eBay for the Leia Hoth knockoffs showed what appeared to be an actual in-hand pic of the head you'll get. All the other auctions have close-ups of what is either a HT original or a spectacular copy (which again, hopefully fire toys can deliver on.)

Looks pretty decent as far as knockoffs go, but doesn't appear have the subtle paint apps of the HT original, though maybe these are bad pics or something.

seQBkkR.png

gwjduNg.png

And the Space Trucker is quite decent though a little oversized (an issue due to HT undersizing their Leia heads a bit, making it a little tough to pose Han up close to Leia) and while I adore the JNIX ANH Han, the redo he did for ESB seemed to have some issues.

Good to know and hope they are on-par with the HT or close to it, though I did notice that a single auction on eBay for the Leia Hoth knockoffs showed what appeared to be an actual in-hand pic of the head you'll get. All the other auctions have close-ups of what is either a HT original or a spectacular copy (which again, hopefully fire toys can deliver on.)

Looks pretty decent as far as knockoffs go, but doesn't appear have the subtle paint apps of the HT original, though maybe these are bad pics or something.

seQBkkR.png

gwjduNg.png

And the Space Trucker is quite decent though a little oversized (an issue due to HT undersizing their Leia heads a bit, making it a little tough to pose Han up close to Leia) and while I adore the JNIX ANH Han, the redo he did for ESB seemed to have some issues.
I hadnt even seen their hoth ones yet but that is very awesome! The paint ap is kind of soft like you said though Tali.

I hadnt even seen their hoth ones yet but that is very awesome! The paint ap is kind of soft like you said though Tali.

The pics look like slightly grainy/blown-out phone pics so maybe the head's actually got more subtle apps than the pics show. I was hoping to use one for my helmet-on Leia Endor, so hope it's good.

seQBkkR.png

gwjduNg.png

Does the hair piece separate the same as the HT?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have one of the Leia heads on the way just to see what it's like. I chose the auction with the least flattering images, lol, as the ones with good images are absolutely a HT headsculpt.
I'll post pics when it arrives.

I have one of the Leia heads on the way just to see what it's like. I chose the auction with the least flattering images, lol, as the ones with good images are absolutely a HT headsculpt.
I'll post pics when it arrives.

Cool, yeah - curious to see. They seem to be plentiful and affordable right now.

And yeah I love the huge close-ups they show in the auction pics... of what you won't receive.:lol

Cool, yeah - curious to see. They seem to be plentiful and affordable right now.

And yeah I love the huge close-ups they show in the auction pics... of what you won't receive.:lol

I thought that it’s so cheap it was worth a punt.
I was planning on redoing the hair regardless, but I’ll post pics when it arrives.

While its fun to speculate. Its been more fun building this!

Millenium Falcon Cockpit Entrance!

Bought the 3D file from a custom artist friend and a coworker buddy just bought a new 3D printer so he tested it out on this.

Cost of file, the print, paint, wires came to roughly $200.

Not 100% done yet though. Going to paint the floor grates and Im going to hang the Golden Dice that came with the Solo: SW Story figure.

The Bespin clothes/rig/blaster on the Solo are placeholders till I get the Yunsil/Robbie set.

My original plan was to have it so it can separate in the middle for two separate displays if I ever wanted to display Han and or Chewie alone (but having them together like this makes it hard for me to ever want to separate them now. [emoji38])

FB_IMG_1598499732205.jpgFB_IMG_1598499734597.jpgFB_IMG_1598499739138.jpgFB_IMG_1598499745387.jpgFB_IMG_1598499747426.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Ahh, I thought this was the endor. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m going to assume that the endor one is too new for a bootleg this soon and that this is a bootleg of the Hoth one. If it’s got a removable hair piece I will post that info here.
I could be wrong of course. I have been known to make mistakes.... from.. time to time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back