1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice-Wonder Woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really like exposing her ear a little..it brings out Gal IMO

Especially in different lighting with just a simple pose

Honestly too each its own for those who are chopping her hair even a little. I think it seems fine, I like it big and wavy

Why is the gold trim on the skirt so faded? Did you weather it?

Thanks man, so I followed your instructions (we will see if this works, I never have good experiences sharing pics. Also thanks for the compliments on the pics. Greatly appreciated. I 100% agree with you about the paint HTS uses for their figure's eyes. This one feature is to some, the single most important feature of a HTS sculpt. But IMHO it's not just the eyes, it's the overall paint work and how it realistically creates every aspect of a person's face in 1/6 scale. For example, I thought the first Scarlet Witch head sculpt was amazingly close to the actual HT (AOU). But while the Knock-off is very good, it doesn't have the 3/4 freckles on her cheeck like the HTS sculpt does. And the same is true of WW. The Knock-off is very close. It has completely flat eyes unless light hits them in a certain way. But it's the overall paint/skin texture detail to mouth; nose, cheeck bones et that (like always) makes the HTS stand out. And if you get into customizing figures-there is nothing better than a HTS head sculpt. Anyway, again I followed the instructions you gave me about adding a pic! Let's see if it works.

Glad it worked for you mate! And 100%, just needs to look on the Joker sculpts at all the veins they adde don his face to see it, it's amazing considering how they don't look painted on, they look beneath the surface paint but there's such a translucency to it.

Oh, if you want to upload more images in one post that aren't the same click the insert image icon and then you have to select one image, choose to upload it, select a different image and choose to upload that so on and so forth. Just rotate them on your device or computer before uploading and they'll be portrait instead of landscape.

Glad it worked for you mate! And 100%, just needs to look on the Joker sculpts at all the veins they adde don his face to see it, it's amazing considering how they don't look painted on, they look beneath the surface paint but there's such a translucency to it.

Oh, if you want to upload more images in one post that aren't the same click the insert image icon and then you have to select one image, choose to upload it, select a different image and choose to upload that so on and so forth. Just rotate them on your device or computer before uploading and they'll be portrait instead of landscape.

JkT9oxLtr5mt.jpgwFgm1M8lwLZG.jpgCnwLFXkympr2.jpg Yeah I realized my mistake right as I was hitting "submit reply" but atleast that pic has a psychedelic element that reminds me of Lynda Carter's transformation flash! And honestly I didn't think it would work. I belong to other 1/6 forums and can't place a pic directly into any of my post there. So thanks again for taking the time to explain directions. That's very cool of you, especially because I love to make photo albums of my HTS 1/6 collectable figures! And I still can't believe (due to your geographical location) your delivery time is that behind. Did you order late? Anyway, my only gripes now are 1)which figure to get next/ironically I am leaning towards the Purple coat Leto Joker, and 2) Do I display Wonder Woman with or without the cloak? Thanks again bro! Jim

View attachment 365089View attachment 365090View attachment 365091 Yeah I realized my mistake right as I was hitting "submit reply" but atleast that pic has a psychedelic element that reminds me of Lynda Carter's transformation flash! And honestly I didn't think it would work. I belong to other 1/6 forums and can't place a pic directly into any of my post there. So thanks again for taking the time to explain directions. That's very cool of you, especially because I love to make photo albums of my HTS 1/6 collectable figures! And I still can't believe (due to your geographical location) your delivery time is that behind. Did you order late? Anyway, my only gripes now are 1)which figure to get next/ironically I am leaning towards the Purple coat Leto Joker, and 2) Do I display Wonder Woman with or without the cloak? Thanks again bro! Jim

Looks nice..the only thing I have an issue with this Barbie cloak is it's not entirely accurate, in the film the cloak has cuffs or sleeves and a hood

I'm actually surprised that Mattel missed this unless they got a early design when they made their Barbie version figure :lecture

That's why I think I'll wait for the HT version. They got the right design , even though this is a rough prototype , I know the final should be better

I have a strong feeling that HT might release the preorder dates for this solo version and the JL version around Sept 19. Because that's the official release date for the film on blu ray. So maybe, just maybe at least the solo version could possibly go up for preorder.:lecture

Of course it wouldn't surprise me if the date on the solo version is announced, it might be already available in Asia because it's basically the same base figure as the BvS , just using different accessories. Like TLJ executioner trooper

Last edited:
Seeing the little empty clip on her belt (opposite her lasso) makes me want to attach her sword there. Does that seem possible?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dean Knight tried to in one of his videos, but I'm pretty sure it was unsuccessful.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Seeing the little empty clip on her belt (opposite her lasso) makes me want to attach her sword there. Does that seem possible?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately I tried and it got stuck halfway which I was bummed about and once it was stuck it was extremely annoying to get it out of the buckle . I was afraid I would scratch the flimsy sword blade, thankfully I didn't , I'm sure someone could possibly mods the buckle to fit the sword but why bother I think there was literally only one scene where she had the sword in the buckle

Unfortunately I tried and it got stuck halfway which I was bummed about and once it was stuck it was extremely annoying to get it out of the buckle . I was afraid I would scratch the flimsy sword blade, thankfully I didn't , I'm sure someone could possibly mods the buckle to fit the sword but why bother I think there was literally only one scene where she had the sword in the buckle
Yup.. No Man's Land scene

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Yeah only in the one moment when she walking and then running, by the time she leaped out of the nazi bunker the sword was on her back again. I have to wonder why just that one moment it was on the buckle :dunno

Here's the proof in 4K res

https://youtu.be/MlwHKphUU_Y

This shot she doesnt seems to evwn have the sword on her buckle... :)
7bcf5897972157894807bec1d7bdf9c4.jpg

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Looks nice..the only thing I have an issue with this Barbie cloak is it's not entirely accurate, in the film the cloak has cuffs or sleeves and a hood

I'm actually surprised that Mattel missed this unless they got a early design when they made their Barbie version figure :lecture

That's why I think I'll wait for the HT version. They got the right design , even though this is a rough prototype , I know the final should be better

I have a strong feeling that HT might release the preorder dates for this solo version and the JL version around Sept 19. Because that's the official release date for the film on blu ray. So maybe, just maybe at least the solo version could possibly go up for preorder.:lecture

Of course it wouldn't surprise me if the date on the solo version is announced, it might be already available in Asia because it's basically the same base figure as the BvS , just using different accessories. Like TLJ executioner trooper

3Tf4E8kBZWZD.jpgI 100% agree with you about the cloak/Cape. I also don't think Mattel went for perfect movie accuracy with the Barbie WW (ironically the WW Barbie with this cape can only be found in the boys toys section of TRU!) But I got so impatient waiting for the HT I made a Phicen WW BASH with the knock-off (now it's a Diana on Paradise Island Bash pictured above). The cape looks good but I'll switch it out with the new release. I just hope there are some extra differences between BVS and that release besides the cape and sword/shield.

View attachment 365142I 100% agree with you about the cloak/Cape. I also don't think Mattel went for perfect movie accuracy with the Barbie WW (ironically the WW Barbie with this cape can only be found in the boys toys section of TRU!) But I got so impatient waiting for the HT I made a Phicen WW BASH with the knock-off (now it's a Diana on Paradise Island Bash pictured above). The cape looks good but I'll switch it out with the new release. I just hope there are some extra differences between BVS and that release besides the cape and sword/shield.

I think the color of the armor and skirt will be more vibrant for the upcoming solo version like the film :lecture

Comparing the color scheme with the JL version

View attachment 365142I 100% agree with you about the cloak/Cape. I also don't think Mattel went for perfect movie accuracy with the Barbie WW (ironically the WW Barbie with this cape can only be found in the boys toys section of TRU!) But I got so impatient waiting for the HT I made a Phicen WW BASH with the knock-off (now it's a Diana on Paradise Island Bash pictured above). The cape looks good but I'll switch it out with the new release. I just hope there are some extra differences between BVS and that release besides the cape and sword/shield.

Why does remind me of Sorrceress from He-man than Gadot WW :wave

Oh god, I want that cloak version so badly... *grabby hands*

I cancelled my order of the BvS version because of the cloak version they showed at Comic Con. I'm hoping they'll put it up for preorder soon, now that the BvS version has started shipping.

Oh god, I want that cloak version so badly... *grabby hands*

I cancelled my order of the BvS version because of the cloak version they showed at Comic Con. I'm hoping they'll put it up for preorder soon, now that the BvS version has started shipping.

They changed the design completely unless this is her JL look :dunno

I'm really expecting at least a brighter skirt from HT for the cloaked version

BVS

Last edited:
Capes have traditionally been a huge part of DCEU. Superman's is quintessential to the character. Batman's is functional but not always necessary. It's very appropriate the makers of WW (the movie) decided to give her a flawless, yet completely disposable cape. I'm sure the look and design of it will chance frequently.

Capes have traditionally been a huge part of DCEU. Superman's is quintessential to the character. Batman's is functional but not always necessary. It's very appropriate the makers of WW (the movie) decided to give her a flawless, yet completely disposable cape. I'm sure the look and design of it will chance frequently.

Especially since WW is a character that isn't defined by her cape

Especially since WW is a character that isn't defined by her cape

HPxjT27AbFhD.jpg (Paradise Island Diana bash w/out Cape!!!!) Exactly, in fact one of the coolest things about Wonder Woman's costume (and this is common sense but if you don't follow the comics research it) is that it is entirely disposable. There was a huge "gap" in the WW comic where she ditched the outfit, never used the name "Wonder Woman" and performed all of her heroic duties as Diana Prince wearing regular street clothes (like Wayne; like Kent et). The stereotype is DC characters are glued to their costumes vs Marvel's who are not. But that stereotype is false. Anyway, I hope HTs will release one version of this figure where the tiara/crown is not glued to the head/is removable.

View attachment 365150 (Paradise Island Diana bash w/out Cape!!!!) Exactly, in fact one of the coolest things about Wonder Woman's costume (and this is common sense but if you don't follow the comics research it) is that it is entirely disposable. There was a huge "gap" in the WW comic where she ditched the outfit, never used the name "Wonder Woman" and performed all of her heroic duties as Diana Prince wearing regular street clothes (like Wayne; like Kent et). The stereotype is DC characters are glued to their costumes vs Marvel's who are not. But that stereotype is false. Anyway, I hope HTs will release one version of this figure where the tiara/crown is not glued to the head/is removable.

I'd abandon this concept pal, I know you meant well. now I'm getting She-Ra :rotfl

Back