Hot Toys C-3PO (ROTJ)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's very obvious - the retailers who perform well or compete against SS are always kicked to the back of the line for their stock.

BBTS is quite literally ass-end to stock now. AE is getting drug out.

I had a local guy who told me that his shop was audited by Sideshow and frozen from ordering because of a google review he received. It stated his prices were great and he preferred buying from this guy rather than Sideshow - sideshow went after him and said he was underselling them and that's a no-no. After that all of his products had a price tag in ever promotional post he made.

I'm honestly surprised Sideshow hasn't just 'exclusified' HT products to their site and cut our all the middlemen. It'd fit their greedy tactics.

It's very obvious - the retailers who perform well or compete against SS are always kicked to the back of the line for their stock.

BBTS is quite literally ass-end to stock now. AE is getting drug out.

I had a local guy who told me that his shop was audited by Sideshow and frozen from ordering because of a google review he received. It stated his prices were great and he preferred buying from this guy rather than Sideshow - sideshow went after him and said he was underselling them and that's a no-no. After that all of his products had a price tag in ever promotional post he made.

I'm honestly surprised Sideshow hasn't just 'exclusified' HT products to their site and cut our all the middlemen. It'd fit their greedy tactics.
I wouldn't doubt that we end up there someday..."Sideshow: The EXCLUSIVE home of Hot Toys!"

Mine arrived today. It appears to me, when I felt it in my hands, that the weathering was possibly sealed under the gloss coat, and would be impossible to remove. Regardless, I hit the spare "eyeball out" faceplate with acrylic thinner, then enamel thinner, then EX-04-06, then clear coat compound trying to see if there was any chance I was mistaken. The good news is that nothing damaged the finish. The bad news is nothing had any effect whatsoever on the orange weathering paint. So, long story short, I'll have to live with this version until they do a cleaner version down the line that I can weather myself more film accurately. I get what HT was trying to do, I just think it was done clumsily, it's simply too reddish and prominent in my opinion. I'd prefer it more subtle with more matted finish here and there, like the film version.

IMG_5885.JPG

c-3po-7600938-normal.jpg
rotj-40th-6-1536x785.jpg

Last edited:
Received my ROTJ C-3PO yesterday. I've got some problems with mine, and was wondering if anyone has the same?

1. Right hand (open-handed) keeps feeling off of the rivet/peg. The other hands fit perfectly fine. There's not pop/snap when I attach it, very loose. I think the hole in the hand that the peg fits into is a too large.
2. He won't stand on his own at all, nor does he even stand very well with the crotch grabber. The left (silver) foot doesn't have much range compared to his right (not that either of them have any range), and both his feet just aren't sitting right no matter how I try and reposition them.

Update: I took his feet off the pegs and re-attached them, which has since given me more range and flexibility. He can stand a little better now, but still not great. He could easily fall over if someone bumped a shelf he might be standing on. Played a little bit more with the crotch grabber, and it's almost completely useless (plus I really don't care for the stand). I'm afraid it actually might start scratching the gold finish. So far, I'm kinda disappointed in the quality, not as solid as I had hoped from Hot Toys. Unless anyone has some tips?

Attachments

• IMG_7067.JPG
    IMG_7067.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7068.JPG
    IMG_7068.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Back