Hot Toys Christopher Reeve DX Superman petition.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fellow user here "OMG" got hold of "Milk" magazine with plenty of info in it:

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2218800&postcount=555

and here's the translation:

This week MILK ~ lots of useful information this round

1) Howard, JC and Yulli love Arnie and T2 so much, they are going full force on This line.

2) HT found a 3D Arnie body scan from T2 movie and use that as refrence for the body sculpt but slim down a bit in order to fit the cloth (rubber torso and PVC arms)

3) The head sculpt is pretty much final

4) Sarah Connor, T1000, different version of T800 and Endoskeleton are coming soon

5) An ALL NEW T1 LINE also coming soon

6) Hottoys has no interest doing the T3 line

There's also a 2 1/2 pages interview with Howard/JC/Yulli

1) Yulli like to do some large scale figure (1/4 1/2) she think I/6 scale is too small (Howard like the idea but the market for this is too small) she also like to do some 1/6 female figure like Audrey Hepburn and Maddonna.

2) Confirm by Howard himself: Christopher Reeve SUPERMAN / TRON 1982 and some other movie classic are coming in 2010

This should be a good middle ground for those who don't want to shell out 2k on the Cinemaquette.

For those who haven`t gotten the Jor-El(Marlon Brando) figure,now is the time while it`s still available for a fair price.

I'll get just one but when the DX version comes, and we all know they will, I'll get it too giving me two Reeve superman. :D

A Christopher Reeve Superman will be purchased by me. I think I could only buy one though what with everything else I want.

When I get this it'll be my standing Superman and my 2in1 Superman Returns figure will be my 'in flight' Superman - his anorexia will be less noticeable that way whereas I presume Reeves Superman will be given more realistic proportions and will thus be able to stand proud.

Hot toys has to do him with a musclar build..kinda like CHris Redfield and Arnold Figures. The Cinemaqette there doing is amazing but i have a bad feeeling its going to be way to much. Hot toys is in my price range..and i really want this so i hope eveyrthing works out!

Hot toys has to do him with a musclar build..kinda like CHris Redfield and Arnold Figures.
Gotta disagree on this one. Reeve was a regular sized guy in excellent physical shape. Not some 'roided out freak like the characters you are referencing. Skiman might disagree, though. He apparently thinks Storm Shadow is Arnold wearing a mask.

Gotta disagree on this one. Reeve was a regular sized guy in excellent physical shape. Not some 'roided out freak like the characters you are referencing. Skiman might disagree, though. He apparently thinks Storm Shadow is Arnold wearing a mask.

:lecture

And tall. I think he was even taller than Arnold.

But how would they attache to the body? The sculpted neck is just that: sculpted to the body? How would you separate this foor a different neck?
It of course needs a sculpted neck as the suit collar sits so low, but the question is HOW are they going to get good forward/back motion on the head for flying poses with s culpted neck? Their sculpted neck figures have practially zero of this motion.

The same way they do Wolverine.

Yeah, I don't get where people think Reeve was so massive in those movies. He was in great shape and very toned up, but he was by no means anywhere near the size of Arnold.

ReeveSupermanBadlands.jpg

041011_reeve_superman_vmed_widec.jpg

Disagree on the sculpted neck, and the muscle body.

Needs a regular body, and a seond specialty neck designed just for flying.

that, or a specialty wolverine style torso with added articulation for flying poses.

Got the Rothe superman, and it's STELLAR, this needs to be done just like it.

Forgive me i didnt mean like juiced up freak but i want him to have a better body than the SUperman returns body..Im refering to the figures at all times. Mr. Reeve was in amazing shape, Anyone check out the Reeve Cinemaquetee coming out!

Couldn't they do a separate 'flying' head that only looked good in a flying pose? It wouldn't even need to be a separate sculpt, just a retooled version of the main sculpt, although I would want a stand that allowed the figure to 'fly' - something like the Sideshow Thunderball Bond stand.

That's a good answer actually. In fact, that is probably the only way arpund the problem, unless they completely re-tool their sculpted neck design.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back