Hot Toys Christopher Reeve DX Superman petition.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely keeping my DarkArtist repaint too. :)

IMG_6521.jpg

I still plan on ditching my Returns figure... never had a repaint so even though I prefer the V1 sculpt, he still looks pretty odd :lol

But the biggest thing is the Routh Superman just has no real emotional connection for me, especially if I were able to get a Reeve to replace him.

I am watching Superman II. It has been ages. Even with the cheesy performances, plot etc. Reeve is Superman IMO.

I liked Routh's performance he simply had a weak script. I will keep my 2 in 1 Superman Returns but I cannot wait to get the ultimate Superman. :D

I think, despite the fact that I've been waiting for this announcement to get a 1/6 Superman, I actually really want one of HT's Routh figures now. Think it'd be a good compliment to Reeve and, honestly, I enjoyed Returns enough. Now to find a decent price on one.

I'm a bit late in finding this thread, so sorry for the stupid question.

I have been trying to find evidence that this figure is really being made, and in searching this thread all I can find is some talk about a quote from "MILK magazine" which I have never heard of.

Can anyone present a link showing something official from Hot Toys?

I would be totally thrilled if they actually made this figure!!!
I just want proof before I get my hopes up. ;)

I am not a huge Superman fan but I have always wanted a definitive Superman figure. Sadly there has always been something off about almost every figure released (although I really love my "Red Son" Superman). And to me, Christopher Reeve is as definitive as you can get!

Again, could someone direct me to said "proof"?

The source for the magazine article is the head of Hot Toys himself (Howard), so it's a pretty safe bet. :)

I'm the first one to put a stop to an unsubstantiated rumor but this one is pretty legit unless the original poster mistranslated the article. And if he did - I will hunt him down and hurt him. You don't mess with the Darklord's dollie grails!:monkey4

Definitely keeping my DarkArtist repaint too. :)

IMG_6521.jpg

Wow, for sure you should keep that figure, it looks amazing.
Yes, Superman Returns is not everybody's cup of tea, but I like the movie for what it is. And the end of the day Superman Returns is the third best movie in the franchise

So yulli would prefers doing 1/4 SCALE figures...I'd like for HT do some quarter scale in the future.

I'm the first one to put a stop to an unsubstantiated rumor but this one is pretty legit unless the original poster mistranslated the article. And if he did - I will hunt him down and hurt him. You don't mess with the Darklord's dollie grails!:monkey4

LOL, dollie grails!!!

I would love this to be true, but I still need proof!

Is this figure supposed to be DX?

Would love to see the Chris Reeve DX come out this year! and after seeing all the pictures to the MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN figure, I pre-order it from Urban Collector for $149.99. Going to look great to display them together! Does any one have an idea, if there is any chance of CR getting made this year?

Would love to see the Chris Reeve DX come out this year! and after seeing all the pictures to the MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN figure, I pre-order it from Urban Collector for $149.99. Going to look great to display them together! Does any one have an idea, if there is any chance of CR getting made this year?

It does look like it's going to be announced this year, at least - don't know when we'll actually get it, but it's been claimed that we'll see a teaser pic around May/ June.

It does look like it's going to be announced this year, at least - don't know when we'll actually get it, but it's been claimed that we'll see a teaser pic around May/ June.

If that happens we could probably see the figure released by the end of 2010... ALIEN Big Chap was shown at SDCC and started arriving to collectors less than 6 months later.

I am excited for this figure. I watched Superman II with my stepson (10) the other night. He giggled and laughed throughout most of the movie at the Fx and "dorky characters". Honestly, even I chuckled at times. I may not watch the film in amazement like I did when I was his age but Reeve is still the one and only Supes.

HT this figure needs to move from internet gossip to reality within the coming year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back