Hot Toys Classic Predator in the works?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
simpsons_mr_burns_excellent.jpg

Great news indeed. I wonder how many people actually intend to use him as classic from Predators though. Most seem to be thinking of making him into P1? Of course, we haven't seen him, HT may do something to not make this possible.

He'd be the P1 Pred for me, for sure. As long as he's not fat and short, like the new movie. The "many accessories" could be removable armor, wrist gauntlets, shoulder cannon, and the damaged bio. Probably under the wrist computers would be the leather strapping we see in the movie? So he could be dressed as he was on the totem, or when he gears up to fight berserker. The totem, or a totem diorama base would be neat, along with that neat chain, but what would they charge for all that? Probably not a nice number! Still really cool if this happens.

Well, I'm curious as to how they do it. Will it be a P1 resculpt, battle-damaged, cracked mask, etc.? Don't know if they'll do a straight-up second P1.

It will be a classic predator not a P1. Its a shame cause he was a lame character. I wish they sell it as a DX with a bunch of accesories without giving an explanation if its from the P1 or Predators movie. just the predator original design, thats it.

"幸好厂商已表示《Predators》「埋斋」之作原祖血兽会补送大量配件,拥趸们惟有暂时忍耐"

I know Cantonese so the proper translate would be:
Luckily the Manufacture (Hot Toys) said their Classic Predator from the Predators' line will come along with many accessories, fans please be patience for a while.
Yeah, I like this translation better.
I'm going with this one. :)

It will be a classic predator not a P1. Its a shame cause he was a lame character. I wish they sell it as a DX with a bunch of accesories without giving an explanation if its from the P1 or Predators movie. just the predator original design, thats it.
This would be great. They'd satisfy both P1 and Classic but would also be $$$.

"幸好厂商已表示《Predators》「埋斋」之作原祖血兽会补送大量配件,拥趸们惟有暂时忍耐"

I know Cantonese so the proper translate would be:
Luckily the Manufacture (Hot Toys) said their Classic Predator from the Predators' line will come along with many accessories, fans please be patience for a while.
Would the moderator now care to remove the question mark from my thread title that they felt the need to add? :impatient:

Last edited by karamazov80; 02-16-2011 at 11:42 AM. Reason: Title edited--not a foregone conclusion

then we'd have to hear from everybody on here complaining about paying extra just to get a boring light base and PERS you can't even see because of the sculpt. maybe the sequel will have Batman, MJ, and/or Bruce Lee in it and we'll get a DX. fingers crossed.

It is still not official? With a pic showing the dude sculpting it, and some article thingy talking about the accessories that will come with it? :cuckoo:

The question is:

Will HT re-use the same body as Berserker or Falconer for this new classic?? :monkey1

It is still not official? With a pic showing the dude sculpting it, and some article thingy talking about the accessories that will come with it? :cuckoo:

Has Hot Toys officially announced that they are making a Classic Predator? No they haven't. Therefore, it is not official. Sure there is evidence that they are making one, but nothing is official yet. :lecture

Kind of interested to see what this does to the price of a Dutch figure. I know some collectors want but don't have a P1 because of the price so they may have passed on Dutch, and Billy for that matter.

Now with a P1 replacement for many, maybe Dutch's value will raise as people will want to track him down for their new "P1" display.

Kind of interested to see what this does to the price of a Dutch figure. I know some collectors want but don't have a P1 because of the price so they may have passed on Dutch, and Billy for that matter.

Now with a P1 replacement for many, maybe Dutch's value will raise as people will want to track him down for their new "P1" display.

y'all think the P1 prices will drop a lot? because i think i might prefer the original body to their newer ones

Now where are those guys that thought that I was nuts for thinking that shot released long ago was a new "classic" sculpt? "Oh, thats just the beginning of the Berserker sculpt..." :cuckoo::slap:lol

Has Hot Toys officially announced that they are making a Classic Predator? No they haven't. Therefore, it is not official. Sure there is evidence that they are making one, but nothing is official yet. :lecture
Okie dokie............

Well, to be honest, he is right. It is isnt "OFFICIAL" yet, but I think we can all read between the lines here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back