Hot Toys - CMS023 - 1/6th scale Venom Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The classic Spider-Man from HT was pretty good just wish they did the feet/boots a bit better and his mask was better in terms of stitching and he came with multiple eyes maybe better body proportions then what we got.

Really wanted to like this but the two head sculpts are underwhelming somehow. $400 is a lot for something I'm only half sold on.
I’m honestly in the same boat with you. For some reason I really wanted a King In Black style venom and a different body for this figure compared to the seamless squishy material

One of the first times Venom were/was offered by Medicom in 1/6 scale…
IMG_2234.jpeg
IMG_2232.jpeg
IMG_2235.jpeg

..,not bad despite the goofy-looking tongue head and being built like Chris Bumstead 😄. This is probably what a HONŌ version would look like, but the CMS version “clears”, as the kids like to say.

Last edited:
Ah dammit! This thing looks too good and my movie 1 Venom just looks like dopey poo now!

This. Is. Venom.
A comic scaled Carnage has to be in the cards at some point, right?

Gonna put the movie figures on eBay now. They simply don’t cut it anymore.

Honestly sucks the release date is so far out. Looks incredible.

3EBftD1.png
I'm going to be optimistic here. The figure has a lot of reuse from the movie, so I can't imagine it will need a lot of time in the oven. I'm predicting a "sooner" rather than "later" release. Hopefully. Maybe.

I'm going to be optimistic here. The figure has a lot of reuse from the movie, so I can't imagine it will need a lot of time in the oven. I'm predicting a "sooner" rather than "later" release. Hopefully. Maybe.
I think the skin is different with different paint. No white veins and different textures

Ps5 vs comic. I like the paint apps better on comic looks less like giant marvem legends “. Also I can’t unsee ps5 venom having a motorcycle helmet head :(

Attachments

• IMG_7293.jpeg
    IMG_7293.jpeg
    1.1 MB
  • IMG_7291.jpeg
    IMG_7291.jpeg
    596.1 KB
They both look great but ps5 venom is way too gigantic. Venom isn’t a hulking monster. He’s muscular and big but not overly big. But ps5 didn’t understand what made the character work so it’s whatever

One of the first times Venom were/was offered by Medicom in 1/6 scale…View attachment 732970View attachment 732971View attachment 732973
..,not bad despite the goofy-looking tongue head and being built like Chris Bumstead 😄. This is probably what a HONŌ version would look like, but the CMS version “clears”, as the kids like to say.
I had this and I remember the arm just randomly popped out of the shoulder and it was basically ruined. Same with my Carnage, just fell apart. What a shame, they look really cool too.

Ok,

The recent pictures and the preview above from Justin convinced me to get PO this figure. I ordered him from TimeWalker Toys for $387 and there is free shipping on this guy so it was an easy choice.

I already own the version from the second Venom film and I like it a lot, particularly after adding a great spider symbol to his torso

I thought that I wouldn’t need another representation of Venom in my collection, but this new version is better in just about every respect. I love how this new version doesn’t have the white veining and of course the spider symbols on his chest and back is fantastic. Also the headsculpts on the new figure are next level.

Finally I like the size of this new one, I had ordered the figure from the Spiderman 2 video game, but I canceled it months ago bk I thought it was just too big.

So I guess what I thought would be my one and only Venom figure will be replaced …in two years 😁

Attachments

• 7156DEA8-D7E7-4F1C-B4AC-69F0ED765668.jpeg
    7156DEA8-D7E7-4F1C-B4AC-69F0ED765668.jpeg
    1.9 MB
  • E18367FC-FF38-460A-B9D3-CD544308BE7E.jpeg
    E18367FC-FF38-460A-B9D3-CD544308BE7E.jpeg
    1.6 MB
  • EE00E57A-670A-4ECA-8303-927747FFD94E.jpeg
    EE00E57A-670A-4ECA-8303-927747FFD94E.jpeg
    1.5 MB
  • 485F8D12-9765-489E-8D1D-122282A5F6BE.jpeg
    485F8D12-9765-489E-8D1D-122282A5F6BE.jpeg