Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mando" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi" + "The Book of Boba Fett"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
At the risk of starting another argument, which I'm not trying to do, can someone explain to me the appeal of this character? I mean, he doesn't exactly look cool, which is at least the appeal of many of the background nobodies from the OT. He looked absolutely ridiculous in the Fett armor, and out of it, he's just.. a dude. He doesn't look particularly s Star Warsy. Unless people just really like Timothy Olyphant that much, I don't get it why so many are eager for this figure.

ae93055dc270f718d91d8f7f1505c3a8.gif

I was gonna bring this up too bit figured I would get dogged with it too. He just mowed down some nobodies and got clowned with Boba by Cad. Cad and Black Krrsantan would be cool figures. This guy, not so much.

Hey man, I love me some Raylan, but I don't need a Star Wars version of him as a HT fig.

I just love how he plays the gunslinger part, his mannerisms and the way he delivers the lines is great. I like him as Cobb in that SW role as well, I even liked the wonky look of him wearing Fett's scavenged armor. The last figures I really want from The Mandalorian are him, Mayfeld, Greef, and Cara Dune. And we already know we aren't getting them all.

I'm not really dying for any figures from Mando or BoBF, but I'd be more understanding if people were getting really hyped or clamouring for Greef Karga or Cara Dune. They seem more like legit supporting cast characters.

I just love how he plays the gunslinger part, his mannerisms and the way he delivers the lines is great. I like him as Cobb in that SW role as well, I even liked the wonky look of him wearing Fett's scavenged armor. The last figures I really want from The Mandalorian are him, Mayfeld, Greef, and Cara Dune. And we already know we aren't getting them all.
That's cool, man. I like Olyphant too. I hope they make the fig for so many people that seem to be wanting it, I'm just trying to get my head around the hype.

That being said, I love all kinds of nothing background weirdos from the OT that I'd love to be made into figs. Hell, I still want Poggle the Lesser and Nute Gunray.

Man Rodriguez was working with a script by Favreau, but you seem to forget what is the importance of a script in a series/film or you are just a Favreau fanboy to not be able to see his mistakes\limitations as a writter.

You may not like but TLJ is one of the best Star Wars alongside ESB, TPM, ROTS and Rogue One

At the risk of starting another argument, which I'm not trying to do, can someone explain to me the appeal of this character? I mean, he doesn't exactly look cool, which is at least the appeal of many of the background nobodies from the OT. He looked absolutely ridiculous in the Fett armor, and out of it, he's just.. a dude. He doesn't look particularly Star Warsy. Unless people just really like Timothy Olyphant that much, I don't get it why so many are eager for this figure.
Well, he was a key character in one of the best Mando episodes, so there's that. He's certainly more deserving than an anonymous Death Watch Mandalorian or even the Heavy Infantry Mando lol.

Yeah, TO just plays the part of the gunslinger so well it would be hard to resist getting a Cobb Vanth figure, especially if they also made his speeder from Mando S2. Having him riding that next to Mando on his swoop bike would make for an awesome display (plus it would mask the poor fit of the Fett armor).

Screenshot 2022-02-21 at 23-20-02 Cobb Vanth’s speeder.png

At the risk of starting another argument, which I'm not trying to do, can someone explain to me the appeal of this character? I mean, he doesn't exactly look cool, which is at least the appeal of many of the background nobodies from the OT. He looked absolutely ridiculous in the Fett armor, and out of it, he's just.. a dude. He doesn't look particularly Star Warsy. Unless people just really like Timothy Olyphant that much, I don't get it why so many are eager for this figure.

I dont get it either, although I have nothing against people getting a figure they want. He looked ridiculous in Fett's armor, got to say.

Well, he was a key character in one of the best Mando episodes, so there's that. He's certainly more deserving than an anonymous Death Watch Mandalorian or even the Heavy Infantry Mando lol.

Yeah, TO just plays the part of the gunslinger so well it would be hard to resist getting a Cobb Vanth figure, especially if they also made his speeder from Mando S2. Having him riding that next to Mando on his swoop bike would make for an awesome display (plus it would mask the poor fit of the Fett armor).

View attachment 563800
My favourite part of that scene was the two men, on speeders moving at incredible speeds, have a perfectly calm and leisurely conversation and not even a hair out of place the entire ride.

My favourite part of that scene was the two men, on speeders moving at incredible speeds, have a perfectly calm and leisurely conversation and not even a hair out of place the entire ride.
I do recall their leisurely conversation being pretty funny - it was like they were riding bicycles lol. As for no hair being out of place, maybe that's why they gave him that combed back style. Or he had a "plot windscreen". :lol

cobb-vanth-640x321.jpg

They use hairspray of SW universe. Looks natural, keeps the shape.

View attachment 563800
This is exactly what I am planning. I have Mando's bike ordered and will 3D print and paint Vanths ride should they release him.

It'll be an excellent display and also keeps me from having various Mando's standing beside each other. Not a big fan of that.

He looks cool and is cool.

This is exactly what I am planning. I have Mando's bike ordered and will 3D print and paint Vanths ride should they release him.

It'll be an excellent display and also keeps me from having various Mando's standing beside each other. Not a big fan of that.
I could definitely see Joost/Jazzinc making his ride if he gets released. Their Rey Speeder looks great.

I thought he looked funky in the armor as well, but the prototype figure they showed looked much better in the armor and I do like TO that much. Head sculpt = instant purchase, no head sculpt = pass though.

I do think he'll be an SDCC exclusive as others have mentioned.

tumblr_ohpbsg7E671s7r52ro2_500.gifv

We’ll probably get Natalie Portman as Lady Thor first at this rate.
Hey, at least there'll then be a Hot Toys Natalie Portman hs out there. That has to make it easier for them to get her to give permission for a Padme (if that's a thing) and for them to tweak the sculpt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back