Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mando" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi" + "The Book of Boba Fett"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Speculation : Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mandalorian" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi"

I believe Black Series uses a specific technology where actors faces are scanned. Still too round and idealised imo.

Don't worry, I'm sure the Knights of Ren will be in one fight scene and that'll be it. That said hopefully JJ learns from Kanjiklub, and how not to waste cool characters/KungFu actors.

Re: Speculation : Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mandalorian" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi"

I believe Black Series uses a specific technology where actors faces are scanned. Still too round and idealised imo.

Don't worry, I'm sure the Knights of Ren will be in one fight scene and that'll be it. That said hopefully JJ learns from Kanjiklub, and how not to waste cool characters/KungFu actors.

It's like a Michelangelo sculpture by Hasbro's usual standards.

The Raid guys right? I remember being really excited when I heard they were going to be in the film. Then to only have them in a talking role was laughable. I guess they needed more time for those horrific cgi tentacle beasts.

It's like a Michelangelo sculpture by Hasbro's usual standards.

The Raid guys right? I remember being really excited when I heard they were going to be in the film. Then to only have them in a talking role was laughable. I guess they needed more time for those horrific cgi tentacle beasts.

Yep, that's them. With a bit of luck JJ got the Raid guys again to have a "second go" in KOR costumes this time.

This wait for the Mandalorian is killing me.

Apparantly Holland is having a free Disney+ trial for the next month or so. No Mandalorian, but apparently a 4K version of Rogue One is on there. No doubt they'll add 4K for the others later. I know a 4K version of ANH exists.

Not all Marvel films on there, but no doubt they have existing licensing agreements to get out of.

Might need to watch Rogue One again this weekend.

Yep, that's them. With a bit of luck JJ got the Raid guys again to have a "second go" in KOR costumes this time.

This wait for the Mandalorian is killing me.

Apparantly Holland is having a free Disney+ trial for the next month or so. No Mandalorian, but apparently a 4K version of Rogue One is on there. No doubt they'll add 4K for the others later. I know a 4K version of ANH exists.

Not all Marvel films on there, but no doubt they have existing licensing agreements to get out of.

Might need to watch Rogue One again this weekend.

Hey, it's now under 2 months away. You can officially start counting sleeps.

What have the Dutch ever done for the world to deserve this special treatment? :lol

That reminds me, there was something a month or so ago about Disney releasing a 4K box-set of the entire Skywalker saga in 2020. Not sure if this has been officially confirmed or not.

Hey, it's now under 2 months away. You can officially start counting sleeps.

What have the Dutch ever done for the world to deserve this special treatment? :lol

That reminds me, there was something a month or so ago about Disney releasing a 4K box-set of the entire Skywalker saga in 2020. Not sure if this has been officially confirmed or not.

Yes, I would agree about the Dutch :lol. However I would say one of the Disney+ reps had a mind bending scouting trip to Amsterdam and decided to give it to them so he could come back more often to iron out bugs etc :lol

Ahh a 4K box set is what I have been waiting for all my life. I remember Gareth Edwards said he had watched the 4K ANH version. So that's a couple of years ago now. No doubt they've been beavering away on the others as well leading to the entire Saga being available. Hopefully with heaps of extras like Lord of the Rings....OK now I'm just dreaming.

I guess they may not even offer the 4K version of the older films for a while on Disney+ to make a case to purchase the physical copy. That's what I'll need to weigh up. Do I invest in a 4K player etc, when it will come to Disney+ eventually. Or on the other hand will I always be subscribed to Disney+ ?

Better to have the physical copy I guess. Call me old fashioned. How about you guys ?

Yes, I would agree about the Dutch [emoji38]. However I would say one of the Disney+ reps had a mind bending scouting trip to Amsterdam and decided to give it to them so he could come back more often to iron out bugs etc [emoji38]

Ahh a 4K box set is what I have been waiting for all my life. I remember Gareth Edwards said he had watched the 4K ANH version. So that's a couple of years ago now. No doubt they've been beavering away on the others as well leading to the entire Saga being available. Hopefully with heaps of extras like Lord of the Rings....OK now I'm just dreaming.

I guess they may not even offer the 4K version of the older films for a while on Disney+ to make a case to purchase the physical copy. That's what I'll need to weigh up. Do I invest in a 4K player etc, when it will come to Disney+ eventually. Or on the other hand will I always be subscribed to Disney+ ?

Better to have the physical copy I guess. Call me old fashioned. How about you guys ?

Apparently The Santa Clause is the first Disney native 4k release (new master), and it only released digitally. The Blu Ray is the only thing that hit the market physically.

I'm very eagerly awaiting LOTR in 4k myself. I am surprised it hasn't happened, but I get a feeling it has something to do with the CG. Some rumblings I heard a while back spoke about some of the digital effects not scaling well for their time; most are rendered at a 2k intermediate but I can't speak for what LOTR did in 2001.

The un or mildly edited OT will have no problems with this, and likely look outstanding. Now the prequels...those are going to need some TLC.

The hard copy is worth it for the bonus features and packaging alone. It'll cost a fair wedge mind.

It was reported in several news outlets back in late June, and most appear to be citing digitalfix as the original source. There's loads of info in the article, and it's a little too long to post here. Sounds like they've already finished with the originals. The prequels, namely episodes 2 and 3, are the ones they appear to be having most difficulty with, as they were shot in 2K, not film. Rogue One and Solo also to be re-released with matching packaging, so that they fit in with the box set.

They sound quite certain of it, and there's no reason for them to be ********ting.

https://www.thedigitalfix.com/film/content/105409/star-wars-4k/

EDIT: This is a collection of updates, on their original article, from August onward.

The hard copy is worth it for the bonus features and packaging alone. It'll cost a fair wedge mind.

It was reported in several news outlets back in late June, and most appear to be citing digitalfix as the original source. There's loads of info in the article, and it's a little too long to post here. Sounds like they've already finished with the originals. The prequels, namely episodes 2 and 3, are the ones they appear to be having most difficulty with, as they were shot in 2K, not film. Rogue One and Solo also to be re-released with matching packaging, so that they fit in with the box set.

They sound quite certain of it, and there's no reason for them to be ********ting.

https://www.thedigitalfix.com/film/content/105409/star-wars-4k/

EDIT: This is a collection of updates, on their original article, from August onward.

Awesome, thanks for that. If they have additional behind the scenes footage, etc etc then I'm definitely in. Would totally make sense to release it all next year though.

I like how they mention "Disney are working on something that will "please fans" !" Imagine if they were able to have it so both the original and the George altered versions were able to be played, like they do with those alternative ending or alternative camera angle films. I don't know if there is a way that alternative scenes can be played rather than 2 full separate versions be on the disc ??

I also wonder if a film like TFA which had next to zero behind the scenes extra footage does actually exist and was purposefully held to add to the box set ?

Anyway it certainly will be the box set of all box sets !

Season 2 of The Mandalorian getting ready to start filming any day now by the looks of things. Makingstarwars had a short video showing sets going up. Looks like we'll be getting season 2 in 2020. Good news all round, right? With no Star Wars film next year The Mandalorian will be the sole focus for Hot Toys with regards to new material.

I need some Prequel and OT stuffs in between...sole source for figures from HT is a little bit exaggerated statement. "Over confidence is a slow and insidious killer", we're simply cannot ascertain the quality of the show...yet. Lets just wait until Nov.

I need some Prequel and OT stuffs in between...sole source for figures from HT is a little bit exaggerated statement. "Over confidence is a slow and insidious killer", we're simply cannot ascertain the quality of the show...yet. Lets just wait until Nov.

Yes, I'm all for trying to hold back enthusiasm until the show has actually been seen. However the Captain has a point. The Mandalorian will be the only new source of Star Wars. For me that has the possible knock on effect / hope that it potentially enables Hot Toys to make more OT figures which are also linked to the Mandalorian.

Jawa's and other aliens for example. OT figures we may not have potentially dreamed of from HT.

But yes, of course The Mandalorian needs to blow up the internet and have fans loving it for HT to go deeper.

Yes, I'm all for trying to hold back enthusiasm until the show has actually been seen. However the Captain has a point. The Mandalorian will be the only new source of Star Wars. For me that has the possible knock on effect / hope that it potentially enables Hot Toys to make more OT figures which are also linked to the Mandalorian.

Jawa's and other aliens for example. OT figures we may not have potentially dreamed of from HT.

But yes, of course The Mandalorian needs to blow up the internet and have fans loving it for HT to go deeper.

Nothing wrong with a bit of enthusiasm :)

Nothing wrong with a bit of enthusiasm :)

Ha yeah true. Considering I started this thread, and you see how much I write here.....you should see my full enthusiasm :lol

Is there any word on whether the OT will be in their original theatrical runs on 4K? I have zero interest in the Special Editions. I have the “real” versions on Laser Disc and DVD, but 4K versions would be awesome.

Ha yeah true. Considering I started this thread, and you see how much I write here.....you should see my full enthusiasm :lol

And with good reason I think. All these series - when and where they?re set - are just what we need imo.

So,since it will be Skywalker Saga, does it mean it will include TROS as well?
And I don't have any knowledge on the respective technology and I guess they would have done if it's possible, yet I stil want to ask. Isn't it that possible they somehow print 2K originals onto film reels and make the 4K conversion from that analogue reels? Is it not possible or data loss during digital to analogue conversion is higher than digital upscaling?

So,since it will be Skywalker Saga, does it mean it will include TROS as well?
And I don't have any knowledge on the respective technology and I guess they would have done if it's possible, yet I stil want to ask. Isn't it that possible they somehow print 2K originals onto film reels and make the 4K conversion from that analogue reels? Is it not possible or data loss during digital to analogue conversion is higher than digital upscaling?

What do you mean ? TROS is episode 9 in the Skywalker saga ? So yes it will be included.

2K is 2K if they print it out or leave it as a digital image. Meaning they only have specific number of pixels. If they want to scale up to 4K they get gaps between the pixels, so they need to fill them in an intelligent way. Therefore it depends on what it is, a background, a moving character front and center etc. So that's where the time has to be put in.

And with good reason I think. All these series - when and where they?re set - are just what we need imo.

Yep true. If these TV series can't re-unite the fan base then nothing can. That by the wayside though, they should also appeal a lot to adult audiences wanting something Star Wars that fits their current maturity.

So yes, totally agree, just what the most of us want & need.

I probably didn?t word it well. I didn?t mean it?ll be the sole source for all figures, only that it?s the only new material next year and won?t be competing with any new films or series. Theoretically we should get more figures from series 2 than series 1 as a result. Even then we?d likely only get half a dozen max. Hoody makes a very good point about releasing OT/Mandalorian crossover figures. I also think because of this we will get more OT and PT figures next year than we?ve had this year. The OT and PT releases have suffered this year because they have to cover the new film and series at the back end of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back