Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mando" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi" + "The Book of Boba Fett"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Speculation : Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mandalorian" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi"

So I'm pretty bored with the whole TLJ argumentation. Have heard it all before.

Getting back on topic of the thread title.

With so many Mandalorian additional characters I'm just hoping they manage it well. Does anyone else think Bo Katan will stay in the show, whereas characters like Ahsoka will only be used as ay quickly to possibly take Baby Yoda as an introduction into her own show ?

It's getting pretty crowded otherwise....

Re: Speculation : Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mandalorian" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi"

TLJ will age just like the ESB and be remembered as one of the greatest star wars content.

This thread has nothing to do with the movies. Statements like this are obvious flamebait and should be banned. I'm starting to think all the sequel apologists are actually just two people posting under multiple accounts to troll everyone.

So, going on semi-confirmed leaks and rumours the second season line-up is looking something like this:

Din Djarin
The Child
Cara Dune
Greef Carga
Moff Gideon
Boba Fett
Ahsoka Tano
Captain Rex
Sabine Wren
Bo Katan
Mayfeld
Fennec Shand (rumoured)
Sandtrooper (rumoured)
Death Star Gunner (rumoured)
The Armorer (possible)

How many of those are Hot Toys likely to make?

All the helmeted ones + 3 Child(ren?)s
...and Ahsoka :D

Also when watching the last season of CW, episode with Katan and the Pykes, i am pretty sure I heard the Armorer?s voice as one of the other Mandos but didn?t see her name in the credits. Did anyone catch that or am I mistaken? Thought that would be a cool Easter egg if Filoni indeed threw that in, considering she was knowledgeable of those damn space wizards and also most likely Maul.

This thread has nothing to do with the movies. Statements like this are obvious flamebait and should be banned. I'm starting to think all the sequel apologists are actually just two people posting under multiple accounts to troll everyone.

So i am not real because i don't agree with your opinion?

i guess now that the movies are over, maybe hot toys will do a bigger line for the season 2 and 3 of the mandalorian because corona, maybe even rex is a result of this.

All I see is opinion and opinion. It is noted and not that eloquently expressed as well. I just see repeated points that don’t address the context of the film. Injecting “social points” briefly with no examples is exactly the issue I raised. What are those social points, how are they indicative of a wider agenda and how are they detrimental to the film?

Han Solo and Leia didn’t have suits on in space on an asteroid, they didn’t need pressurized suits for some reason in Empire Strikes Back.

They weren’t on an asteroid. They were in a giant space monster. ��

Last Jedi was not a good film - forget the sjw argument. It had poor jokes like poes prank call and a horrible story. I hate it for Luke and that is my opinion and my right - if you didn’t that’s your right too.
I think people still talk about last Jedi be use it was memorable - the other two are vpvery forgettable but that’s not a good thing. The holiday special is memorable and that is awful.

Back on topic.
Asoka ✅

Death watch mando✅

Cara ✅

Not sure ild go much deeper but I know lots will.

So, going on semi-confirmed leaks and rumours the second season line-up is looking something like this:

Din Djarin
The Child
Cara Dune X
Greef Carga
Moff Gideon X
Boba Fett X
Ahsoka Tano X
Captain Rex X
Sabine Wren
Bo Katan
Mayfeld
Fennec Shand (rumoured)
Sandtrooper (rumoured)
Death Star Gunner (rumoured) - Never ! :lol
The Armorer (possible)

That's a fair old lineup. I wonder if they'll add Ezra, or keep him for another time. More likely he and Thrawn will be the draw cards for "The Ahsoka Show".

I put a cross next to the ones I reckon Hot Toys will do. Although it's a tough call cause there are a lot with head sculpts which take more development and approval time.

But Boba Fett is a no brainer if he keeps his helmet on. Probably even if he takes it off to be honest.

I agree Paul, anything with a helmet is orders of magnitude more likely. I really hope there is some random alien or cool character they do.

i guess now that the movies are over, maybe hot toys will do a bigger line for the season 2 and 3 of the mandalorian because corona, maybe even rex is a result of this.

That's what I'm hoping, as pretty much everyone likes like Mandalorian. Sure they should do some more OT and PT. But if they are focusing on what's hot then Mando is it (and Clone Wars I guess)

Din Djarin
The Child
Cara Dune
Greef Carga
Moff Gideon
Boba Fett
Ahsoka Tano
Captain Rex
Sabine Wren
Bo Katan
Mayfeld
Fennec Shand (rumoured)
Sandtrooper (rumoured)
The Armorer (possible)

Some of those might be in S3? As I recall, S2 is only 6 eps.

As for Hot Toys my guesses are: Din Jarin, Moff Gideon, Ahsoka, Boba Fett, 1 Trooper variant, 1 Mando variant, (6 total). 1-3 Baby Yodas will be in deluxe versions of those figures. Maybes: Death Watch Mando, Cara, Armorer.

Some of those might be in S3? As I recall, S2 is only 6 eps.

As for Hot Toys my guesses are: Din Jarin, Moff Gideon, Ahsoka, Boba Fett, 1 Trooper variant, 1 Mando variant, (6 total). 1-3 Baby Yodas will be in deluxe versions of those figures. Maybes: Death Watch Mando, Cara, Armorer.

I?m fairly sure it?s 8. That?s the number most of the so called in the knows have suggested anyway. Where did you hear 6?

I?m fairly sure it?s 8. That?s the number most of the so called in the knows have suggested anyway. Where did you hear 6?

Considering all the new characters they'd be rushing things to introduce them all just in 6 Episodes.

This recent article isn't bad for a modern update on all that is known to date.

https://www.techradar.com/news/the-mandalorian-season-2-release-date-darksaber

Din Djarin
The Child
Cara Dune
Greef Carga
Moff Gideon
Boba Fett
Ahsoka Tano
Captain Rex
Sabine Wren
Bo Katan
Mayfeld
Fennec Shand (rumoured)
Sandtrooper (rumoured)
The Armorer (possible)

Oh by the way you forgot the thin Gamorrean Guard no longer on the Jabba payroll !!! Hot Toys have got to make him !

EM0aWo7VAAAyt0P.jpeg

Oh by the way you forgot the thin Gamorrean Guard no longer on the Jabba payroll !!! Hot Toys have got to make him !

View attachment 485030

Okay you?ve got me thinking (which is always dangerous). Now we know Boba is back, it could mean we?re going back to Tatooine, right? We know the Hutts are a cartel family on Tatooine and didn?t Fennec Shand say she worked for them? Boba also worked for them in some capacity. Are the Hutt family still active on Tatooine after Jabba?s death? Gamorrean Guards could signal a return to Jabba?s (or the new Hutt occupant?s) Palace.

:exactly:
I?m expecting 8 episodes but if the 6 is true they could be cutting their episodic count due to budget (8 ep. @ 10M each for Season 1) - going all out on Hutt effects?
Either way it would be great to see another Hutt with a dark glimpse which is all that?s needed. Save that budget for more and wishfully longer episodes. Also I?m sure their budget is growing with each new season due to its success.

I?m expecting 8 episodes but if the 6 is true they could be cutting their episodic count due to budget (8 ep. @ 10M each for Season 1) - going all out on Hutt effects?
Either way it would be great to see another Hutt with a dark glimpse which is all that?s needed. Save that budget for more and wishfully longer episodes. Also I?m sure their budget is growing with each new season due to its success.

Yeah I'd say budget is the same or more for Season 2. It's their flagship at this point. Plus I'd assume now they've done Season 1, they are hopefully more efficient with the tech effects they are using. Or maybe they now have more ideas to spend more money :lol

I really don't want to be wishing the summer away again, but I wish it would come sooner. Still I guess we have a few more behind the scenes shows to come. Hopefully without KK and the associated cringe.

They could probably increase the budget by 50% and still make a huge profit from merchandising alone. You'd have to expect with no new SW movie in 2020 and the popularity of the first season that they'll massively increase the merchandising for season 2. Baby Yoda is already a goldmine, you add Boba Fett and Ahsoka Tano into the mix and you'd think you're looking at huge increases in SW toy sales. That's before you even consider the increase in Disney+ subscribers.

However, the budget for season 2 was likely set before season 1 even premiered. Weren't they filming it around the same time as season 1 was airing? So, perhaps season 3 will be where we really start to see the effects of a bigger budget.

I wonder how old li'l Stinky the Hutt is at this point...

The budget is definitely more for season 2. Every initial season for any show in television has a starting budget. Even if the show just does ok (ie. a mediocre meh show) and is signed for a following season production gets an even larger budget. The Mandalorian has done extremely well, factor in the Child merchandising, as Capt. Trips mentioned, and it should look even better this upcoming season :D
Subsequently same will go for Season 3.

Also if a Hutt appears which i believe he/she will, they really need to speak Huttese. I will cringe if it?s an elderly voice speaking basic like the worm in Solo.

I like this guy. Knowledgeable and to the point. Only 6 minutes of your time. But interesting theories about Boba, Bo Katan etc.

Interesting that Ahsoka etc are only planned for one episode. Which is fine for me, it was starting to feel a bit crowded there with all these announcements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back