Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mando" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi" + "The Book of Boba Fett"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Boba Fett in Mandalorian Season 2 - New figure Coming?

Sorry but this is not true. The Clones Wars confirmed he was not Mandalorian based on advice directly from George Lucas that he was not Mandalorian.

Evidence

This is canon (as per The Clone Wars). Case closed.

Nah, its far from "case closed." Case might be closed at your house. The rest of us don't have to follow suit.

I truthfully do not give a single care what some CW villain with a vested interest in denying Jango has to say. In fact, its suspect for that very reason.

This stuff was canon for years - nay, decades - and suddenly Disney wants to retcon. Nah, pass. Sorry. They don't have the power to wipe out decades worth of books and comics, most of which are very interesting reading. What next? Will they decide Palpatine wasn't a Sith? Please.

Did you listen to the clip? FIloni says straight up "Jango is not a mando" any other stuff you hear doesn't really matter. Could it change again? SUre. But as of now. jango is not a mando EU isn't cannon.

Filoni's problem is that in this instance, I don't really care what he thinks :)

This stuff has been out there for decades. Good luck ripping it out of people's hearts and minds.

With that said, Hot Toys could get off their asses and go ahead and put Jango up for preorder.

Re: Speculation : Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mandalorian" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi"

Wasn't Jango a Mando in the Karen Traviss republic commando book series?

Re: Speculation : Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mandalorian" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi"

Wasn't Jango a Mando in the Karen Traviss republic commando book series?

Bruh. He was all but the king of Mandalore, as far as his influence [I'm speaking rhetorically here]. He was already dead by the time of the book's events, but he was a good friend of Kal Skirata's and what he did, said and probably thought was referenced throughout the series. In a way Jango's actions shaped the galaxy.

I am actually mad at Lucas because he effed up Travis' series before it could be completed.

Nah, its far from "case closed." Case might be closed at your house. The rest of us don't have to follow suit.

I truthfully do not give a single care what some CW villain with a vested interest in denying Jango has to say. In fact, its suspect for that very reason.

This stuff was canon for years - nay, decades - and suddenly Disney wants to retcon. Nah, pass. Sorry. They don't have the power to wipe out decades worth of books and comics, most of which are very interesting reading. What next? Will they decide Palpatine wasn't a Sith? Please.

Disney \ lucasfilm do have this power to change history as they see fit,but, those "decades worth of books and comics" are now Legends, so you can interpret that as a legend of the now canon.
They have a whole universe, a whole timeline written but it isn't canon anymore.

I will help your heart and mind, listen:

Universe 01 - old canon pre-disney
Universe 02 - new canon ongoing disney

Both of them are real and can be consumed as you wish

.....and this is what it all boils down to. What's canon or not canon.

If that can't be decided on then it will be a never ending discussion on Fett or any number of SW topics.

I for one don't want to listen to it, because it's a pointless argument.

So getting back on topic of this thread....

Funko's upcoming Mandalorian line-up. The last 2 are the interesting ones.

View attachment 485072

Interesting they put him on a Bantha !! If they show Tusken Raiders again and Hot Toys don't make one I'll scream !!!

Didn't they spell Gamorrean wrong too ? I guess that matches with the picture Faverau tweeted, which I posted a page or so back.

Oh man I can?t wait to get all these Pops! :blissy
But seriously... Mudhorn Clan rockin a Bantha sounds pretty damn cool.

.....and this is what it all boils down to. What's canon or not canon.

If that can't be decided on then it will be a never ending discussion on Fett or any number of SW topics.

I for one don't want to listen to it, because it's a pointless argument.

So getting back on topic of this thread....

Well, I wanted to know tryin' to decide if there's reason to get the Mythos Boba - angsting over purchases (oh, for the good 'ol pre-crisis days) - even if I wasn't an uber-fan e.g. thought it'd be kind of cool to have a collection of Mandalorians. Din D'jarin's "heritage" kinda. Thanx to all for commenting. Suppose the show is gonna weigh in by default.

This is good:
Disney \ lucasfilm do have this power to change history as they see fit,but, those "decades worth of books and comics" are now Legends, so you can interpret that as a legend of the now canon.
They have a whole universe, a whole timeline written but it isn't canon anymore.

I will help your heart and mind, listen:

Universe 01 - old canon pre-disney
Universe 02 - new canon ongoing disney

Both of them are real and can be consumed as you wish

It's not like Tolkien for example doesn't have volumes of materials that could use clarifying:google etc.
Back on topic - well, I wasn't a Funko collector but guess am gonna be:lol. Already have most of the Mando POPs - the newest the Child is a great POP. For me if Bo-katan is released, she'll be must. Mostly what I get from all the news is just to start saving now:cool:

Yeah, I passed on most of IW figs, but HT will get me anyway.:lsvader

Bruh. He was all but the king of Mandalore, as far as his influence [I'm speaking rhetorically here]. He was already dead by the time of the book's events, but he was a good friend of Kal Skirata's and what he did, said and probably thought was referenced throughout the series. In a way Jango's actions shaped the galaxy.

I am actually mad at Lucas because he effed up Travis' series before it could be completed.

I read recently that Lucas hated all of Karen?s travis? stuff which is a real shame because she wrote probably my second favourite series behind the thrash trilogy

I read recently that Lucas hated all of Karen?s travis? stuff which is a real shame because she wrote probably my second favourite series behind the thrash trilogy

The bad thing about all this [well one of the bad things] is that all Travis' work on Mandalorian lore will be discarded, and in fact is already being discarded. They'll throw out the language, too. Now we're gonna have Mandalorians forced to keep their helmets on for their entire lives - which is absolutely bonkers, even the Spartans didn't do that crap - they'll discard the Resol'nare, all that. All to get back at Travis, who wrote some of the most compelling SW fiction ever.

Lucas is a chakaar for that.

But then like why put delta squad in the clone wars series? Or republic commandos like Gregor. Lol and see thats why it makes no sense. Its the dash rendar discussion all over again. The outrider is already confirmed in Special Edition, but what does that mean for shadows of the empire? Like why bother with these details, stuff all approved by Lucas, if not to leave room for these stories. But as was said it's a long discussion. Feel free to believe what you want.

As far as figures. Mythos Fett is the only one I haven't pulled the trigger on yet. I'm not sure I love how they executed the cloak and kama on this one. I do however have all the other fetts. I ended up making my own Mythos Fett which I wanted to have a bit more "man with no name" flavor, considering that was his inspiration.
20200514_113058-01.jpg

As far as figures. Mythos Fett is the only one I haven't pulled the trigger on yet. I'm not sure I love how they executed the cloak and kama on this one. I do however have all the other fetts. I ended up making my own Mythos Fett which I wanted to have a bit more "man with no name" flavor, considering that was his inspiration.
View attachment 485086

Nice... I could see them making Fett?s outfit look like this - go the literal Western look with the gunslinger serape, since he was based off of that character.
I really like the Mythos figure, although I lucked out with solid bodies, but he?s just a good standalone figure, unless body swapped... much too tall. Toga and Kama are hard to futz and feel cheap. A water treatment is something I still need to try but he?s fine the way he is for now.

Why don't they make Cara Dune? That was actually a good character.

Nice... I could see them making Fett?s outfit look like this - go the literal Western look with the gunslinger serape, since he was based off of that character.
I really like the Mythos figure, although I lucked out with solid bodies, but he?s just a good standalone figure, unless body swapped... much too tall. Toga and Kama are hard to futz and feel cheap. A water treatment is something I still need to try but he?s fine the way he is for now.

Yeah I think the Mandalorian obviously has that western gunslinger vibe, which fits star wars great, so I would definitely be down for a depiction like this in the future.

Filoni's problem is that in this instance, I don't really care what he thinks :)

This stuff has been out there for decades. Good luck ripping it out of people's hearts and minds.

With that said, Hot Toys could get off their asses and go ahead and put Jango up for preorder.

"head canon" isn't canon. It's completely okay to have your own C canon in your head. Most of us do. EU isn't canon; that's not a debate. It's gone.

The Clone Wars was pre-Disney. One of Disney's first acts was to Cancel it.

100% case closed Jango and Boba are not Mandalorians. If you don't like it tough luck. You can personally choose to ignore it, but you can't claim otherwise. And it's not a "Lucas" retcon anyway. As far back as ESB Lucas said Boba used Mandalorian armour but wasn't one.

"head canon" isn't canon. It's completely okay to have your own C canon in your head. Most of us do. EU isn't canon; that's not a debate. It's gone.

In that you are correct.
But it’s still a bad thing.

Let’s have a cara and a cassian please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back