Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i really dont understand this thread. we are getting the best indy figure to date and yet we have ppl b itching over, well, what exactly? a few nitpicks? please, get over yourselves.

a) It doesn't look like Harrison Ford.

b) It costs $250.

Is that really too difficult to understand? :slap

Given what we know Hot Toys is capable of, I don't think these are "nitpicks" at all, but completely valid points. What's so wrong with wanting something better at that price?

The likeness is the real issue here. I agree the other issues are just nitpicks of the anally retentive. The price? Get over it coz things'll only get more expensive.

The likeness is the real issue here. I agree the other issues are just nitpicks of the anally retentive. The price? Get over it coz things'll only get more expensive.

I see it as two inter-related issues.

If this was a perfect (or near perfect - it's true, SOMEONE will complain regardless) likeness, the price might sting a little, but it'd be worth it.

Anyone who's bought even just one Hot Toys figure knows this ain't a cheap hobby - that's something we've all come to accept here. But we only accept the price because the quality is just so damn good - and it's definitely lacking here.

Even the most ardent supporters here have really nothing other to say but "well, it's STILL the nicest Indy we've ever gotten". True, in most respects - but no one denies that the likeness isn't really there.

I continue to believe that this figures headsculpt will be overhauled before release. There has just been too much clamor.

Strange bloke! If anyone serves you Ferrero Rocher and you don't see them come out of the box, politely decline if you're offered any!

To address the so called 'nitpicking', when you've been around as long as I have, when Indy was a childhood hero, you always wanted an action figure. As you got older, your tastes changed and realism became key. You were savvy enough to know how movies were made and had an interest in where things like costumes and props came from.

Indiana Jones has such a following and everything about him is so well documented. There are detailed breakdowns of every piece of his costume bar his underwear. With the sheer wealth of information available, you would think that a company like Hot Toys, that has become renowned for its movie figures, knowing they are going to produce a figure of what is an icon to many, would live and breathe Indy and pore over that info for ages till they knew they could get every bit of that gear right. Based on the promo shots it's very clear that this hasn't happened and we, the true Indy fans, are wondering why.

When you look at how well done the other figures have been, is it too much to expect the same level of quality and detail from this figure!?

CHEERS!

205 pages of :horse:horse:horse

205 pages that include the masochists who come in here and post dead horse icons over and over.:pfft:
Like theyre contributing something fresh.:lol
I'm sure the irony is lost on them.
Morons.

Last edited:
But then you get something like Wolverine, which the likeness to Hugh Jackman is just as lacking as Indy's, who comes with very little in the way of accessories. . . and he's extremely hard to find, and commanding double the retail price. People are paying $300, for a figure who's likeness is lacking and comes with nothing other than 2 extra pairs of hands.

And here's Indy, who's likeness is lacking, and comes with 4 pairs of extra hands, an extra outfit, a display base, and the numerous other required accessories and people are saying "Hot Toys is phoning it in". Hot Toys has delivered one of the most 'deluxe' figures in recent memory. There's a distinct double standard here.

And the complaints about the quality lacking. . . how can you even judge quality at this point?? Quality is a tactile issue, you can't tell quality by looking at pictures. It certainly looks like a real leather jacket, the whip looks like it's braided leather, the boots look to be real leather shoes, not sculpted pieces. The shirt actually has buttons, as opposed to the little pearls that were on Sideshow's shirt. There's a lot there worthy of a 'deluxe' tag.

How can there be a quality issue when the materials are made just like the real thing??

And as far as price goes, I have a sneaking suspicion that Lucas Licensing wasn't going to go for the deal unless they made an expensive figure. From their perspective, why should they sign another deal for 4,000 units at $165 = $660,000, when they already signed a deal with Sideshow for 9,000 units at $90 = $810,000?? Why would they sign a deal that's worth less than the one they already have, in a market that's already being sold to?? They've already got Hasbro making more units at a lower price in the mass market, who more than likely netted Lucas a few million, and Sideshow making a smaller number of units at a higher price in the specialty market, making just under a million in revenue. Why would they give Hot Toys the license to make an even smaller number of units, that won't even produce revenues at what Sideshow did?? It's not even worth Lucas' time to draw up the contract.

Now, Hot Toys is making 4,000 DXs (my educated guess) at $250, and now that's a cool million for LL to cash in on, now they have a reason to award that contract. LL probably dictated the price at which the figure had to sell, and Hot Toys had to throw in parts to make it worth that price. That's really the only way to explain why they re-did Sideshow's already stellar Pedestal base.

205 pages that include the masochists who come in here and post dead horse icons.:pfft:
Like theyre contributing something fresh.:lol

...or I could of came in here and said "Likeness is off and it's way to expensive" but that's been :horse:horse:horse:horse:horse:horse :rotfl:rotfl

:lol No one can post anything.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/WchpzmtYIHg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Either way, youre no better, but it is funny you think that you are.:cuckoo:
Google:Hypocrite.

Did I say I was better, mr keyboard warrior ? There's 205 pages of saying the same stupid things. Time to get over it and move on me thinks...and you obviously don't know what the word hypocrite means. Take a dictionary and read cause it seems as if you educated yourself by reading these boards.

But then you get something like Wolverine, which the likeness to Hugh Jackman is just as lacking as Indy's, who comes with very little in the way of accessories. . . and he's extremely hard to find, and commanding double the retail price. People are paying $300, for a figure who's likeness is lacking and comes with nothing other than 2 extra pairs of hands.

And here's Indy, who's likeness is lacking, and comes with 4 pairs of extra hands, an extra outfit, a display base, and the numerous other required accessories and people are saying "Hot Toys is phoning it in". Hot Toys has delivered one of the most 'deluxe' figures in recent memory. There's a distinct double standard here.

And the complaints about the quality lacking. . . how can you even judge quality at this point?? Quality is a tactile issue, you can't tell quality by looking at pictures. It certainly looks like a real leather jacket, the whip looks like it's braided leather, the boots look to be real leather shoes, not sculpted pieces. The shirt actually has buttons, as opposed to the little pearls that were on Sideshow's shirt. There's a lot there worthy of a 'deluxe' tag.

How can there be a quality issue when the materials are made just like the real thing??

2 things.

1. Wolverine is a cool character who was popular way before Jackman. The sculpt is not 100% Jackman, but it is 100% Wolverine. That is why he is a popular figure. I thought the film was crap, but I've still got the figure.
Indy on the other hand IS Harrison Ford. Anything that doesn't look 100% Harry F is NOT Indy. That is why people are unhappy. There is no double standard at play.

2. This is not 1:1. I don't care if the clothes/accessories are made of real leather like the real thing. I'm not going to be wearing/using them! In 1:6 I want it to look good. The clothes (apart from the shirt and the shoes with a little shortening of the heels) do not look good.

Last edited:
Strange bloke! If anyone serves you Ferrero Rocher and you don't see them come out of the box, politely decline if you're offered any!

To address the so called 'nitpicking', when you've been around as long as I have, when Indy was a childhood hero, you always wanted an action figure. As you got older, your tastes changed and realism became key. You were savvy enough to know how movies were made and had an interest in where things like costumes and props came from.

Indiana Jones has such a following and everything about him is so well documented. There are detailed breakdowns of every piece of his costume bar his underwear. With the sheer wealth of information available, you would think that a company like Hot Toys, that has become renowned for its movie figures, knowing they are going to produce a figure of what is an icon to many, would live and breathe Indy and pore over that info for ages till they knew they could get every bit of that gear right. Based on the promo shots it's very clear that this hasn't happened and we, the true Indy fans, are wondering why.

When you look at how well done the other figures have been, is it too much to expect the same level of quality and detail from this figure!?

CHEERS!

...As I posted earlier ... Some folk are anally retentive :monkey

It's because it looks ABSOLUTELY NOTHING like Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones.... right?

Wolverine is a cool character who was popular way before Jackman. The sculpt is not 100% Jackman, but it is 100% Wolverine. That is why he is a popular figure. I thought the film was crap, but I've still got the figure.
Indy on the other hand IS Harrison Ford. Anything that doesn't look 100% Harry F is NOT Indy. That is why people are unhappy. There is no double standard at play.

:slap

double standard

— n
a set of principles that allows greater freedom to one person or group than to another

You are allowing greater freedom to the Wolverine figure than the Indiana Jones figure.

This is the textbook dictionary definition of a double standard.

No I am not.

I'll write it out simply to explain:

I am prepared to pay for a figure that captures the spirit of the license.

HT Wolverine does.
HT DX Indy doesn't

Simple enough for you?

i really dont understand this thread. we are getting the best indy figure to date and yet we have ppl b itching over, well, what exactly? a few nitpicks? please, get over yourselves.

speak-no-evil_new.jpg

...As I posted earlier ... Some folk are anally retentive :monkey

HT aren't or they would have got it right.

Maybe the idea of this thread is to keep going so that nobody can ignore it. If the upshot is that everyone gets the Indy they want then it has served its purpose.

CHEERS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back