Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I might actually have his new Indy rig. I bought mine very recently. Is it the repaint that is costing you so much? I certainly haven't spent as much on mine and I'll be happy with him when he's done.

Who charges over $100 just to paint a head!?!

CHEERS!

I might actually have his new Indy rig. I bought mine very recently. Is it the repaint that is costing you so much? I certainly haven't spent as much on mine and I'll be happy with him when he's done.

Who charges over $100 just to paint a head!?!

CHEERS!

Well I'm getting the head,neck and chest repainted for 75 dollars than the sov jacket for 50. The rig from stevo for 40 and a tt body for 20-25 dollars and new boots. That runs it up. And can you email me a pic of th rig you got?

Well I'm getting the head,neck and chest repainted for 75 dollars than the sov jacket for 50. The rig from stevo for 40 and a tt body for 20-25 dollars and new boots. That runs it up. And can you email me a pic of th rig you got?

Don't email, post it here! I want to see it too!

I'll post the whole shooting match (pun intended) in the Customs thread when I've finished the whole figure. It should be done in the next day or two.

CHEERS!

I've held my tongue on a lot of the discussion popping up here, but I really think people have lost sight of just how much was janky with Sideshow's Indiana Jones.

The shirt was just gnarly, weird slit it it, an elastic strap that ran under his crotch to keep the shirt tucked in. Just like HT, the belts were wrong (do you ever think Lucas Licensing requires it to be that color??), the jacket's material was wrong. The body (at least mine) was a disaster at the hips, had no tension and couldn't even crouch. I want him posed crouching over the pedestal but the body wouldn't even do that.

I mean it kills me because I tried to customize my Indy, but I just lost steam halfway through because there was so much to do, and I just couldn't plunk any more cash into it. I removed the buttons from his shirt and those plastic snaps and cut off that silly elastic strap, so now his shirt doesn't even work. I got a Sovereign jacket, which is really cool. But the head still needs fixing, I need a new shirt and pants, the belts still need to be replaced. All that's got to be close to $250, so I might as well just buy the DX, sell the head, pedestal, jacket, probably even the muscle body, I've already got the narrow TT.

I paid $107 for my EX Indy after tax and shipping, and I've got a head, hands, whip, guns, and boots to show for it. Everything else needs to be replaced. That's not very good. It only seems to make sense to buy the DX, sell off most everything, I'd want the backdrop, the Map Room outfit. I'm going to assume the pants and shirt are good. The shoes look like they can be easily fixed without too much work. It just seems to make sense to sell off the extras to fund replacements.

My Indy display doesn't even have an Indy on it. . . and that's just depressing.

Probably because it's "rare." if someone only made 20 chocolate covered turds, people would scramble to get one just to say they had one of 20...

Yep you're right. Apparently a chocolate turd lover discovered that auction and placed a bid. :cuckoo:

I've held my tongue on a lot of the discussion popping up here, but I really think people have lost sight of just how much was janky with Sideshow's Indiana Jones.

The shirt was just gnarly, weird slit it it, an elastic strap that ran under his crotch to keep the shirt tucked in. Just like HT, the belts were wrong (do you ever think Lucas Licensing requires it to be that color??), the jacket's material was wrong. The body (at least mine) was a disaster at the hips, had no tension and couldn't even crouch. I want him posed crouching over the pedestal but the body wouldn't even do that.

I mean it kills me because I tried to customize my Indy, but I just lost steam halfway through because there was so much to do, and I just couldn't plunk any more cash into it. I removed the buttons from his shirt and those plastic snaps and cut off that silly elastic strap, so now his shirt doesn't even work. I got a Sovereign jacket, which is really cool. But the head still needs fixing, I need a new shirt and pants, the belts still need to be replaced. All that's got to be close to $250, so I might as well just buy the DX, sell the head, pedestal, jacket, probably even the muscle body, I've already got the narrow TT.

I paid $107 for my EX Indy after tax and shipping, and I've got a head, hands, whip, guns, and boots to show for it. Everything else needs to be replaced. That's not very good. It only seems to make sense to buy the DX, sell off most everything, I'd want the backdrop, the Map Room outfit. I'm going to assume the pants and shirt are good. The shoes look like they can be easily fixed without too much work. It just seems to make sense to sell off the extras to fund replacements.

My Indy display doesn't even have an Indy on it. . . and that's just depressing.

I wouldn't say any of us have lost sight of that. Fair enough, yeah, you do have to spend a lot to get a decent Indy out of it, but, if you get the right bits you still end up with an Indy that's better than the DX. Best of all, you get an Indy that's exclusively yours, that satisfies your own standards. It's so much better when you get to say "That'll do."

As for wanting to do it, well, I wasn't going to till I saw what everyone in the Custom thread had done. Holding out for the DX wasn't going to cut it so, feeling inspired, I bit the bullet. I'd spend the DX money to get your own finished, it will be worth it!

CHEERS!

I wouldn't say any of us have lost sight of that. Fair enough, yeah, you do have to spend a lot to get a decent Indy out of it, but, if you get the right bits you still end up with an Indy that's better than the DX. Best of all, you get an Indy that's exclusively yours, that satisfies your own standards. It's so much better when you get to say "That'll do."

As for wanting to do it, well, I wasn't going to till I saw what everyone in the Custom thread had done. Holding out for the DX wasn't going to cut it so, feeling inspired, I bit the bullet. I'd spend the DX money to get your own finished, it will be worth it!

CHEERS!

nicely put. I know that feeling of: this is mine and no one else has it. It certainly is a great one!

i really dont understand this thread. we are getting the best indy figure to date and yet we have ppl b itching over, well, what exactly? a few nitpicks? please, get over yourselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back