Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If yo look at the last pic of the dx05 on the ground to the far left it looks as if the hair is separate. What the hell did they do that for!

There are, presumably, two hairpieces - one for when he's wearing the hat, and one for when he's not. The hair change also allows you to access the PERS. Of course this could be completely wrong since we haven't seen a single updated picture yet, who knows at this point.

Maybe, but not as much. It seems as though they've shifted focus onto Bruce Lee now as they know he'll sell like hot cakes and everyone will be going "OMG!!" about the sculpt. Will they chalk Indy up to experience and move on? Time will tell....

CHEERS!

This thread is set for legendary status. People will be making reference to it for years.

Nice though it is to be part of a legend, it's a shame it's not for better reasons.

Is it better to be infamous than famous!?

CHEERS!

Nice though it is to be part of a legend, it's a shame it's not for better reasons.

Is it better to be infamous than famous!?

CHEERS!

Perhaps there is a greater good being served here. By providing a conduit through which people can channel their anger and aggression, this thread absorbs all the tension and frustration that might otherwise be directed at waitresses, or shop assistants, or small children and pets.

In a perverse way, this thread may be making a small but valuable contribution to world peace.

Perhaps there is a greater good being served here. By providing a conduit through which people can channel their anger and aggression, this thread absorbs all the tension and frustration that might otherwise be directed at waitresses, or shop assistants, or small children and pets.

In a perverse way, this thread may be making a small but valuable contribution to world peace.

I would also add high school bullies, girls that rejected them, the football team, and fraternities.

It also stops you from taking it out on the figures you do like, which would otherwise be in danger of being thrown at walls!

CHEERS!

Lets be honest. Indy never gets done right. But this definitely beats the sideshow 2008 release. Look at al the extras it includes. Maybe a sov jacket a mike fisher gunbelt, and a paint touch up and this will be the best indy.

Lets be honest. Indy never gets done right. But this definitely beats the sideshow 2008 release. Look at al the extras it includes. Maybe a sov jacket a mike fisher gunbelt, and a paint touch up and this will be the best indy.

So $250 + another $100-$200 depending on who does the repaint?

Why doesn't Hot Toys give us a properly colored belt and holster, a better headsculpt and hat (which we all know they're capable of) and a better tailored jacket, like Wolverine and the T-800? Seems more reasonable than having to spend even more money on an already over priced figure.

I hve a sideshow indy an I'm spending about 200 dollars to upgrade it then I plan to get the idol environment and map room indy outfit. So that's about a 380 dollar total if I get good deals. Personally I think it's better cause I like the head on the dx05 I would just by a new sov jacket, and new gubelt and holster from stevo. Which would be 340 dollars and if I want the repaint, it would be 400 dollars. So that's why it beats sideshow.

I hve a sideshow indy an I'm spending about 200 dollars to upgrade it then I plan to get the idol environment and map room indy outfit. So that's about a 380 dollar total if I get good deals. Personally I think it's better cause I like the head on the dx05 I would just by a new sov jacket, and new gubelt and holster from stevo. Which would be 340 dollars and if I want the repaint, it would be 400 dollars. So that's why it beats sideshow.

I see your point, but if you use the current DX head, assuming no changes have been made, you'll have a great figure of a dude who kind of looks like Harrison Ford, and I really cannot see a repaint of the DX head bringing out any more likeness than it currently has. At least the Sideshow sculpt has a good likeness and, with a repaint, looks amazingly like Ford.

This is of course coming from someone who already has the Sideshow idol pedestal (which is better than the Hot Toys one shown in pictures) and I might grab the Arab disguise and Staff of Ra down the road.

So back to your original post, that's my honest opinion and I'm just annoyed that we finally have a chance to get a near-perfect indy right out of the box (and you're right, it hasn't happened yet) and instead we might end up getting this sub-par and over-priced release.

The point I think is being made here is that the best Indy is one that needs absolutely nothing doing to it. For $250 it's what you'd expect, but we just haven't got it.

CHEERS!

The SteveO Raiders belt set is superb, it's so well crafted and surprisingly cheap for a hand made product.

CHEERS!

Look I wish we didn't have to change a thing too, but Indy is right and wrong because of the way you percieve the action hero. I have a sideshow Indy for 90 dollars. I am paying about 200 dollars to have it upgraded then if I want the idol environment and map room indy outfit it would be about 370 to 380 dollars. Now the hot toys needs a sov jacket for 50 dollars and a gunbelt and holster from stevo for 40. ( ask steve about his new indy rig) I am ok with how the head currently looks but if I wanted a repaint it would be 400 dollars, and 340 without the repaint. Some people are fine with keeping it as it is which is fine because that's the way they see indy.IMO HT is the better route. You gotta look at those extras.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back