Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll hold off as long as possible before ordering this and in the end may not order one at all.

And Dayumm....I don't think I want any Terminator figure being DX afterall - with my habit of multiple-purchases in that line it would ___king destroy me at prices like this.

Anyone else see this one?:

View attachment 31598

THAT's how it should look.

Yes, I'd order that. Much improved likeness and the head/body proportions are better.

Last edited:
Let me throw a hypothetical out there. What if...this figure was released as is BUT with a better painted original Trevor sculpt, with PERS. Would you hesitate to buy it? Or would it be a cop out by Hot Toys to not have developed a new sculpt?

I would buy it. Trevs sculpt is the best Ford out there. I would still like to see them fix the jacket but I could just replace it if needed.

It's an opinon that you think it's really bad. However, you might very well be right about there not being any changes made and the comments simply being lip service, but we won't have a definite answer to that until the thing is actually released. I agree too that production figs aren't as detailed as protos can be, but we have seen that HT can hit it really close compared to everyone else.

Which makes the issues with this even more glaring. If Sideshow can hit a perfect likeness at less than half the price, HT really has no excuse. Especially now that we're talking $250.

Let me throw a hypothetical out there. What if...this figure was released as is BUT with a better painted original Trevor sculpt, with PERS. Would you hesitate to buy it? Or would it be a cop out by Hot Toys to not have developed a new sculpt?

I would've preordered it without hesitation. A Trevor sculpt with HT's paint apps would've at least made the sticker price more tolerable.

I think he means if they included one of Trevors already existing heads from the Sideshow figures, not a brand new one. In which case of course I wouldn't buy it, just buy the Sideshow one and get it repainted.

Even with the other supposed innaccuracies, all they need to do is revise the head, thats it. If they don't, they suck.

I think he means if they included one of Trevors already existing heads from the Sideshow figures, not a brand new one. In which case of course I wouldn't buy it, just buy the Sideshow one and get it repainted.

Nope. He specifically said a Sideshow Trevor sclupt with PERS. Meaning they'd take the sculpt and give it the DX treatment. ;)

Even with the other supposed innaccuracies, all they need to do is revise the head, thats it. If they don't, they suck.

Oh and lower the price....$250 for a 12" figure, change of clothes and display :cuckoo: P Toss in a cave diorama with rolling boulder maybe....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back