Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah,I certainly hope somebody has him cheaper.For that kind of dough,I'd expect a real metal ark-of the covenant,and a nazi uniform to boot.

while i'd love to own an indiana jones figure, the likeness is just not up to par for me. hopefully they'll improve it. i think i'd rather own a TOD or LC indiana anyway.

$250 for a 12" figure? Their dreaming. That's PF territory and the Indy pieces have been winners in that category. I just don't see the value for the money in this figure.

I saw in the other DX Indy thread that Dinolast had asked Arnie Kim via his Facebook page if the head would be redone & if the hat could be lowered ?, Arnie answered "yes" & "i think so" to those questions.
I've been looking at these pics & then looking at my Sideshow Indy - Sideshow indy will be going to that bigh warehouse where they stored the Ark in Raiders & HT Indy will be taking his place :whip. This figure will have to be damned expensive to stop me buying it + Wai Man over at Onesixthbruce always seems to be very reasonable with his prices so i'm not too worried !

:slap :thud:

broke.gif

Oh well, I was planning to order outside of SSC anyways.

I'd say HT will have a better, revised, head sculpt come release date. As it stands now, its an EASY pass (And as a massive Indy fan i'm gutted to say that) Right now though, I just can't see passed the poorly realised head sculpt, the overly bulky body and cheapo looking jacket.
I'm not one to really moan about proto figures but i'm gobsmacked HT deemed this good enough to inflict on us LOL

WOW. I like the fig and all, but i'm not spending $250 for this. $200 is my breaking point...

So I guess the circle of sub-par Indy collectibles is now complete. :lol How disappointing that one of the most anticipated licenses for me as a collector has really fallen short of its potential.

The thing isn't released yet and apparently Arnie is going to look at revising it, so writing it off now (unless you are not willing/able to deal with the price) is premature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back