Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL future Hot Toys figures WILL go up in prices...and it will just continue

It's not that I'm writing it off...$250 (plus shipping and taxes) is too much for a 12" figure for me.

I don't understand the need for it to be DX. I don't NEED pers. I DON'T NEED a crazy stand I won't end up using.

It's not that I'm writing it off...$250 (plus shipping and taxes) is too much for a 12" figure for me.

I'm definitely with you on that one...$250 not including shipping is my max for any figure--but this is including OOP stuff that isn't available any more. I really don't want to pay that much for a just-released/soon-to-be-released figure (even a DX).

Luckily there's BBTS and other places that you can preorder for less than MSRP, otherwise, I'd have to write this off myself.

The thing isn't released yet and apparently Arnie is going to look at revising it, so writing it off now (unless you are not willing/able to deal with the price) is premature.

Hardly. A company puts their best foot forward with prototypes, using them to sell the product. The fact that the prototype looks THAT off, especially with a new high price for a DX release, pretty much warrants all the apprehension.

The more that order at this ridiculous price the more HT will continue to push their prices up... I'm getting visions of Superman running 300+.

:lecture :exactly:

I'm obviously aware and I can appreciate all the stuff they've included with the figure, that's great.

However, if I'm going to lay down $250 for a figure then it better be one that I'm in awe over...even in the proto pics. That's just not happening for me here.

I like Indy, and I was hoping this would be the ultimate figure for that film franchise to add to my collection. Right now, I'm not seeing it or paying that much for this.

I'll wait for the 20% off sale with an additional 20% off code purchase at gohastings as it stands right now! :wink1:

Hardly. A company puts their best foot forward with prototypes, using them to sell the product. The fact that the prototype looks THAT bad, especially with a new high for a DX release, pretty much warrants all the apprehension.

Well, that's your opinion. I don't think it looks that bad at all. It's got some issues, but it sounds like they are being addressed. I doubt HT/SSC wants to release a figure this expensive that a lot of people are finding fault with. At least not without trying to placate those concerns.

I don't understand the need for it to be DX. I don't NEED pers. I DON'T NEED a crazy stand I won't end up using.

DX figs are actually pretty nice. I already own the DX Joker, Batman, & MJ (with possibly Bruce Lee). I liked the $200 price point on those. For $250, HT can go screw themselves. I love their 12" figs but once they cross that line (price-wise), I'll simply put my money towards something else.

I could get a Sideshow Indiana Jones,have the head repainted, get awesome accurate belts from board members, upgrade to a Truetype body and still remain well under $250 and have a better looking figure.

Didn't need PERS and a Muscle body, and the idol didn't need to be electroplated, you know how much that probably cost them?

That would have probably put him at around $175

Not shocked at the price or the NRD. Said both would happen when it was announced. BBTS price will change for sure what they have now is to just get folks in the door. Don't expect it to be much more than 10% cheaper at other retailers.

Hardly. A company puts their best foot forward with prototypes, using them to sell the product. The fact that the prototype looks THAT bad, especially with a new high for a DX release, pretty much warrants all the apprehension.

:lecture:lecture:lecture I'm assuming it won't get much better than what these prototype pics show... they can re-sculpt the head and that might help but what about the massive neck, wonky shoes, cheap looking jacket, small hat and huge price point? I can't imagine all that will be fixed... and like Shammgod said, I don't need PERS or that lame stand or the idol pedestal so a large chunk of that $250 would go to a bunch of features and extras that I don't even want.

Didn't need PERS and a Muscle body, and the idol didn't need to be electroplated, you know how much that probably cost them?

That would have probably put him at around $175

Good point. I'm not sure what the reasoning was behind making this a DX release, unless something in the financials required them to put a high profile license into this category.

I'm putting in a show of faith that this will be much improved by the time we get it. I pre-ordered via Flexpay.

Well, that's your opinion. I don't think it looks that bad at all. It's got some issues, but it sounds like they are being addressed. I doubt HT/SSC wants to release a figure this expensive that a lot of people are finding fault with. At least not without trying to placate those concerns.

It's not an opinion. It's why 90% of the time prototypes look better than production pieces. As it stands, it doesn't sound like they're being addressed, it sounds like they're looking into addressing the issues. Kinda like the ol' Sideshow ropeadope (I'm betting they think it's fine otherwise they wouldn't have gone with such a high-profile announcement). Given Kim didn't much improve upon his prior Indy sculpt, I have little faith in the revisions, if done at all, will bring it closer to looking like Harrison. As for Sideshow, especially now with the NRDs, I doubt they care much about it other than importing it for those who preorder. After all, it's a Hot Toys release, not a Sideshow one.

I think it looks great but the muscle body is a little out of place for Raiders; Temple makes more sense for the body. Ford had a body by Jake in Temple. I love the second outfit but I wonder how easy would it be to put the wrap on his head or is it just one piece.

It's not an opinion. It's why 90% of the time prototypes look better than production pieces. As it stands, it doesn't sound like they're being addressed, it sounds like they're looking into addressing the issues. Kinda like the ol' ropeadope. Given Kim didn't much improve upon his prior Indy sculpt, I have little faith in the revisions, if done at all, will bring it closer to looking like Harrison. As for Sideshow, especially now with the NRDs, I doubt they care much about it other than importing it for those who preorder. After all, it's a Hot Toys release, not a Sideshow one.

It's an opinon that you think it's really bad. However, you might very well be right about there not being any changes made and the comments simply being lip service, but we won't have a definite answer to that until the thing is actually released. I agree too that production figs aren't as detailed as protos can be, but we have seen that HT can hit it really close compared to everyone else.

Let me throw a hypothetical out there. What if...this figure was released as is BUT with a better painted original Trevor sculpt, with PERS. Would you hesitate to buy it? Or would it be a cop out by Hot Toys to not have developed a new sculpt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back