Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Latest intel courtesy of GrenadierStinny of OSW:

Thats a bit Of a kick in the teeth for arnie kim if hot toys has yulli redoing some of his work aftr all the hyPe of him joining. Im glad tho if this is the case as i dont think hes ever quite got fords likeness over the years

I could not get any official word since the HT crew had left the show already, but I did speak with someone from Sideshow.

There is the understanding that there are sculpts that are still getting "tweeks" made to them. Indy might be one of them as might be Superman. They do continue to change sculpts up until final production, but HT does not give many details to Sideshow. They "play their cards close to their vest" as I was told.

So, no official word that Indy will be changed, but I was told that Yuli (I believe) was going to make a second pass on some of the Arnie Kim sculpts.

I guess this is still a wait and situation with Indy... So, we'll see.

If this is true then this would be fantastic news!! :yess:

I always thought that Yulli should have been the one to take on the iconic characters like Indy and superman which everyone has waited for so long. Never understood why Hot Toys would put Arnie Kim on these. Anyway, time will tell....

The shoes look a lot better in the pics of the map room environment on Sideshow's page...

7.jpg

These would so much better if they were at least creased across the top. Like they have been worn, rather than fresh from the box.

yeah.. I have to admit that the complaints over the boots will (or should) be retracted once people see how great and accurate they are with weathering... they look JUST like my real Aldens when they were taken from the box... I'd rather do my own weathering anyway as factory weathering always looks a bit off... now as for the fedora, belt, holster, and head.... :(

I think no matter what kind of belt/ holster hot toys puts out, you'll end up upgrading with your own gear. I'm not a fan of it but everyone else seems to love your stuff. Those boots are awesome and that's cool that they look like real brand new aldens. I too would rather do my own weathering and it's cool that you're starting the weathering where indy started!

Thats a bit Of a kick in the teeth for arnie kim if hot toys has yulli redoing some of his work aftr all the hyPe of him joining. Im glad tho if this is the case as i dont think hes ever quite got fords likeness over the years

Artists:
-Head Sculpted by Arnie Kim
-Head Painted by JC. Hong
-Head Art Directed by Yulli & Kojun

It's been Yulli's job from the beginning
She also the Head art director of Superman

If this is true then this would be fantastic news!! :yess:

I always thought that Yulli should have been the one to take on the iconic characters like Indy and superman which everyone has waited for so long. Never understood why Hot Toys would put Arnie Kim on these. Anyway, time will tell....

Artists:

Well, fuuuu--- If it happens then I'm gonna have to get it!:mad:

I think no matter what kind of belt/ holster hot toys puts out, you'll end up upgrading with your own gear. I'm not a fan of it but everyone else seems to love your stuff.

Thanks..... I guess :whip

ha yes, it was supposed to be a compliment while not being a two face. Lol, I would probably love your set if I had it in hand but sadly money is an object.

Artists:

i didnt realise that was the case, i assumed this was arnie kims project:dunno

well hopefully this news is true because superman and indy need work done. they could be so much better.

I completely agree that Indy needs some work, I've preordered him regardless but I don't get any of the Superman complaints. That guy looks perfect to me.

I completely agree that Indy needs some work, I've preordered him regardless but I don't get any of the Superman complaints. That guy looks perfect to me.

I agree. All of us have to except the consensus, even if we disagree. And the consensus is that Indy needs improvements, but Superman looks amazing as is.

Yeah I think Supes is great. I must admit I was gutted not to see a tweaked Indy, especially now it must be coming close to release.

Completely agree. I've never said that Indy was perfect, and I can see where some people have legitimate issues with him, but I still like him just the same. Superman, on the other hand, looks perfect. Not planning on getting him, but it is an amazing looking figure. Can't believe folks are complaining about him :cuckoo:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back