Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
whosthat2.jpg

whosthat1.jpg

Seems like the biggest issues may be the eye shape and the nose in profile.

Actually the real Ford looks like he has PERS.

The figure's eyes are slightly more squinted to give a determined look. His expression is slightly different from both of those pictures. And yes this already looks much better than the prototype. Could it look better? Probably, but it looks at least 90% there and is already the best looking Indy figure yet.

I e-mailed Dave Myatt to see if he could shed any further light on if this is the "tweaked" version or not. Perhaps it's just his superior photography.

And yes this already looks much better than the prototype.

I think this is the same sculpt as the one we saw months ago, the prototype.

And obviously the expression won't match, I didn't try to match it. Just wanted to get approximately the same angle to use this to compare the components: cheeks, eyes, brow, nose, mouth, etc.

Is there anyway Sideshow can convince HT to use Trevor to sculpt the HT indy?

I don't know, maybe so, maybe not. Without resorting to a bunch of arrows on the pic, it does seem as though his eyes are lighter, he has a less furrowed brow, the creases in his cheeks aren't as exagerated, his eyes are slightly more "baggy" underneath, and the eyebrows and stubble are a bit more subtle. I guess this coud all be attributed to lighting in the photo though.

**EDIT** Oh yeah, and his nose seems more crooked

I give up. I'm just going to wait for some in-hand pics. Or maybe there'll be something at that ani-con or whatever it called. :whip

I'm hoping, like Keaton Batman, that we will see this tweaked Indy sculpt at the AniCon. I'm also looking forward to the 2nd Sparrow sculpt.

Aren't both Indy and Sparrow supposed to be shipping soon, in the next month or so? Seems like I was expecting Sparrow in August when I ordered him.

Hopefully we'll see updated pics before it starts shipping. Otherwise I hope we at least see pics from overseas of the final product, so I can decide to keep or cancel

I think this is the same sculpt as the one we saw months ago, the prototype.

Looks the same to me. The different lighting environment brings out the eyes more, so this might make it look as though it has been worked - but for my money it hasn't. The recent pics do give a better idea of how the figure will look in hand, which is reassuring as it looks significantly better than in the proto pics. But a) I'm not a bigass Indy fan plus b) I'm struggling with my POs equals c) will still cancel if it's not revised.

Last edited:
Well you guys got me beat because I haven't ordered.

If they 'tweak' it and its good, then I'll get one. Not worried about a few extra bucks when it comes to Indy. Like most HT product, it's never hard to get for the first 6 months to a year after release. There will be plenty Indys one way or another.

Maybe because most of his face is covered up but he looks nice here. I don't know fellas, look at those eyes...looks like production paint apps to me. And yes I know the eyes are tampo printed.

I dunno guys but I think that sculpt looks absolutely amazing! Seeing that pic just got me even more excited for this figure!!! I can NOT wait!!

Another reason I may be excited is I was just playing LEGO Indiana Jones with my son tonight so that might another reason. Got me in the Indy mood!

If the head we're seeing in the Map Room disguise is a tweaked version, then why hide it in a head dress!? Just show the damn thing and shut us up!

Oh, about AniCon, apparently the star of the HT show there will be a GOD Bruce Lee!

CHEERS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back