Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not a grand slam home run or one of Hot Toys' best recent efforts, but I'm happy with it.

Re: Hot Toys Indiana Jones In Hand Pics

I just hope the Sideshow date is legit and these start shipping next week! :)

THIS is what we all need.
Trevor's masterpiece with awesome paint app :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

:wave
9d8fee12.jpg

Re: Hot Toys Indiana Jones In Hand Pics

I think the eyes look good and that's about it. Jaw line and mouth are too wide and cartoonish, reminds me more of Steranko's conceptual beefcake Indy than Harrison. Thankful that I didn't order one....

Nathan

So I think you own this crappy ass painted version

13.jpg

And not something like this awesomeness

Indy03.jpg

Otherwise you're really mad :dunno

Yeah I know... and hate you man! :mad::lol

Yeah I have the crappy version but even with the paint job I still don't think it looks like Ford. Just my humble opinion :dunno

Disappointed but I'm glad the nagging mystery is over.

Went the way I feared. I never wanted to be a nay-sayer, not on Indy for crying out loud, but I just never held out as much trust in HT as many of the newer members here. I've seen this sort of thing happen to all companies as they experience growing pains and ultimately bite off more than they can chew at some point.

Indy is a really, really difficult character to nail. Harrison's face, the hat and if it's removable or not, the jacket and the way it hangs and bunches at certain spots as well as the weathering, his whip, shoes, fit of the pants, belts and so on... Nothing is straight forward and it all has a very, very specific look.

The very best Indy's that I've seen on this board required the combined talents of many people who are all first and foremost huge Indy fans. It takes a certain level of love of the character to nail them all.

Really disappointed with the HS. Have decided to sell him to my friend once my PO arrive.

This is brilliant and I really hoped Hot Toys would deliver something of this caliber. Ah well, I admit that I find this disappointing, but I can settle for a paint job on Trevor's amazing sculpt and save a lot of money - my SS Indy is already on a narrow TT, which is also a much better match to Harrison's body than the DX one too :whip

PO cancelled, and happily so. I still want to see more good quality pictures though.

indyhottoyswithhat.jpg

157m6nl.png

Why didn't Hot Toys just do the minor adjustments like everyone mentioned. :gah:

This is the best PS manip I've seen that highlights what is wrong with this sculpt to my eyes. I don't know Ford well enough to look at the sculpt and pinpoint what needed changing, I just kind of 'felt' it without knowing where it falls short. The bottom pic is Ford to me, the top is a good attempt but not a $250 attempt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back