Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This will probably look more like what it will look like on the shelf anyways, so Im not worried.

I hope you're right. I picked up DX Bruce Lee despite the terrible hair and because I'm a big Bruce fan somehow I was fine with it. I wish I was fine with what I've seen so far of this figure. I don't know why it bothers me so much, maybe because funds are tighter now than a few months back.

This will probably look more like what it will look like on the shelf anyways, so Im not worried.

157m6nl.png

Maybe after you have had a few beers.....and several shots.

I hope you're right. I picked up DX Bruce Lee despite the terrible hair and because I'm a big Bruce fan somehow I was fine with it. I wish I was fine with what I've seen so far of this figure. I don't know why it bothers me so much, maybe because funds are tighter now than a few months back.

It bothers you because it is awful. I love Arnie Kim's other work to death. The new Superman sculpt refit is amazing. His 1/4 Supers sculpt is spot on perfect.

I actually would pick this up for about $150 max.

Hope GoHastings or someone has to blow these out in six months.

Whatever happens, it will be really interesting to see what happens to this figure down the line.

Yeah, $150 sounds about right. If it ever hits that price I might bite. But GoHastings usually has maybe up to 30% off in their usual sales? So really the lowest Indy would get to would be about $175.

Yeah small studios has done a great job here.

But when you watch the Youtube video it looks a lot better and in 3/4 profile in hand it will look it even better.

They always do.

Hell even the SSC Indy looks better in hand than photographed with the worst paint job in history.

It bothers you because it is awful. I love Arnie Kim's other work to death. The new Superman sculpt refit is amazing. His 1/4 Supers sculpt is spot on perfect.

Well, I'm trying to be glass-half-full about it but it's a struggle. I mean the sculpt must be pretty terrible when peeps aren't paying much attention to that jacket.

Well, I'm trying to be glass-half-full about it but it's a struggle. I mean the sculpt must be pretty terrible when peeps aren't paying much attention to that jacket.

LOL.. You're right.. Or any other aspect of the costume. I think Hot Toys nailed the costume and accessories though from the looks of the box unveiling beating Sideshows accessories however they missed out on fixing the sculpt after so much time between the reveal. The jaw line and nose are what is off. It seems it should have been a simple fix to get it right as Arnie did with the Supes.

I'm still thinking this is a buy for me. Am I disappointed? Yes. Do I still want it? Yes. I'll end up buying $200 worth of parts anyway, so why not buy the whole figure.

I hate how wide his jaw is... he has a really slim jawline in real life! And his facial hair isn't dark enough like it was in the movie. Those 2 changes alone would go a long ways.

I hate how wide his jaw is... he has a really slim jawline in real life! And his facial hair isn't dark enough like it was in the movie. Those 2 changes alone would go a long ways.

indiana_jones_temple_of_doom.jpg

I wouldn't call that a slender jaw, would you? But there are other photos that do make it look a bit smaller.

Re: Hot Toys Indiana Jones In Hand Pics

I just hope the Sideshow date is legit and these start shipping next week! :)

This was in my inbox today:

Dear Valued Collector,

We will begin processing all orders for this item on October 17, 2011. We ask that you have the funds available on your credit card by this date to ensure the successful processing and shipment of your order.

:yess:

Re: Hot Toys Indiana Jones In Hand Pics

This was in my inbox today:

Dear Valued Collector,

We will begin processing all orders for this item on October 17, 2011. We ask that you have the funds available on your credit card by this date to ensure the successful processing and shipment of your order.

:yess:

Unreal- must be sitting at SS already-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back