Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been playing with this Indy for an hr now. Well, I dont know, overall is worse than I expected but better than the pics that we saw. Definitely not worth a DX price tag.

I did say this is an average HT MMS grade figure. :panic::panic::panic: Will pose some pics later.

Well that's not good news...:monkey2

I've been playing with this Indy for an hr now. Well, I dont know, overall is worse than I expected but better than the pics that we saw. Definitely not worth a DX price tag.

I did say this is an average HT MMS grade figure. :panic::panic::panic: Will pose some pics later.

Thanks for offering your take on this OMG, and looking forward (or not :() to your pics!

Re: Hot Toys Indiana Jones In Hand Pics

Indy's HS does look like Lieutenant Aldo Raine from certain angle haha

Ok, it's settled then.

HT, please make him $160, and he will be well received and an instant hit, sold out in mere minutes.

Keep him at this price and you will melt like a mountain retreat full of nazis making grilled cheese sandwiches with their faces.

IMGP9921.JPG

LOL, nice eye liner and weird eyes, way to go HT :lol

Give him fangs and he could be a Lost Boy.

He actually looked better in the video than this though.

I think it might be because of the gap between his eyes and his face due to the PERS that it looks like he has eye liner.

Not much better at all though and I cant justify paying 270-300 for this.

Oh well at least we still have Batman and two Jokers to look forward to.

LOL, nice eye liner, way to go HT :lol

He actually looked better in the video than this.

Yeah I mean, wow. How could they even call this a DX figure...I've been on board since the beginning with the old sculpt...I know it wasn't perfect, but this...this is...I don't even know what to say except cancel...this will go down as one of HTs epic fails...I wonder if there is any way to obtain the old sculpt...at least it didn't have eyeliner or lip injections.

Re: Hot Toys Indiana Jones In Hand Pics

This is what we get for everyone crying about the old sculpt...the old sculpt kicks this sculpt's @ss any day...I was happy with the old sculpt. Now I'm cancelling.

I know it won't happen, but it'd be great if everyone boycotted this figure and cancelled their orders...send a message to HT that we won't pay $200+ for a monkey turd in a jacket!

Great job Devil_666

funnypic195.gif

I know it won't happen, but it'd be great if everyone boycotted this figure and cancelled their orders...send a message to HT that we won't pay $200+ for a monkey turd in a jacket!

I definitely did cancel. At least we know the Nicholson sculpt is spot on and Keatons lips, jaw and large eyes would be my only concern at this point. Superman is amazing, I'm going to go celebrate in there for awhile before venturing back into this crapfest it is turning out to be. I'm waiting in anticipation for a Wow reveal of the Indy though.

Last edited:
I pre-purchased this in January from abc express toys through eBay for $201 Inc shipping. At that time I liked (and still do) the original head. Now after 9 months of hearing everyone moan and groan about the original hs, I'm left with this piece of crap. Cheers everyone who _____ed about the original hs.

With the eyeshadow and strange smirk, he looks like Emo Indy in that pic. :slap

Celebritym_717.jpg

Top-9-Celebrities-makeup-disasters-Amy-Winehouse.jpg

I pre-purchased this in January from abc express toys through eBay for $201 Inc shipping. At that time I liked (and still do) the original head. Now after 9 months of hearing everyone moan and groan about the original hs, I'm left with this piece of crap. Cheers everyone who _____ed about the original hs.

I was too busy trying to get them to change the Reeve sculpt I neglected this one. For that I am sorry.

Are you seriously suggesting that the _____ing and moaning had anything to do with the result we have now? Nup. What we have now is a result of piss-poor sculpting. Blame Kim. Or blame HT for pumping out so many figs they can't keep a lid on their quality. But don't blame collectors who want to know that their hard-earned is being spent on a figure that matches the price and are prepared to be vocal about what they feel is a poor sculpt :dunno

Damn, this figure is a train wreck. I think SS Indy sculpted by Trevor Grove is the best. It just need a paint job.

Glad I didn't want it in the first place.

Are you seriously suggesting that the _____ing and moaning had anything to do with the result we have now? Nup. What we have now is a result of piss-poor sculpting. Blame Kim. Or blame HT for pumping out so many figs they can't keep a lid on their quality. But don't blame collectors who want to know that their hard-earned is being spent on a figure that matches the price and are prepared to be vocal about what they feel is a poor sculpt :dunno

:goodpost::goodpost::exactly::exactly::exactly:

Do all current DX figures share the same PERS chassis for the head?

I think that's where the problem is, it looks like the sculpts have to be compromised in order for them to fit that.

Other sculpts look better because the whole thing is sculpted and there are no compromises. Future DX figures should concentrate on the quality of the sculpt and the paint and NOT goofy gimmicks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back