Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't as preorder wf deposit with a local shop.
Many says Bruce lee dx04 lack of likeness, but the HS are beautiful sculpted and paintjob is nice, as this Indy it really ruins my mood. Sigh...

DX Bruce is a very decent likeness that is killed by a limp hair sculpt IMO. Check it out and judge for yourself, I personally think bigger hair makes a big difference:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64199&page=223

Looking at the video, I feel a bit better about this figure. All the stuff you get is really cool.

I honestly couldn't care less about moveable eyes and i think it doesn't help with the look of the figure.

Need a few more pics I think. Still trying to stay positive.

Stay the course Eamon! It's your shelf - nobody has to be happy with this figure but you :)

I've been playing with this Indy for an hr now. Well, I dont know, overall is worse than I expected but better than the pics that we saw. Definitely not worth a DX price tag.

I did say this is an average HT MMS grade figure. :panic::panic::panic: Will pose some pics later.

I was hoping we would see your pics and be convinced. You superman pic were excellent and showed the brilliance of the sculpt off perfectly unlike earlier shots which although were good did not give the best visualisation of the figure.

Lol I woke up this morning and started reading about all these in hand picks for the first time. I was trying to be positive but to be fair those above pics are pretty shocking haha.

OK now I see the resemblance
cowboysaliensharrisonfo.jpg

IMGP9924.JPG

Re: Hot Toys Indiana Jones In Hand Pics

aks.jpg

This head sculpt is gross in so many ways.

Feels like I'm goona see my sig many-many times in others posts :lol

There are some new pics on HTC facebook page. Can't say they make the sculpt look any better though.

Apparently if you use a shadow and completely block out the upper half of his face, it kinda resembles..Oh who am I kidding..

303155_228308637231134_138228759572456_682674_701559291_n.jpg

So this is where all the fans of this sculpt are hanging out. Meanwhile, over in the DX Indy specs and pics thread...

1310033928_dissapointed_supporter.gif

I've been playing with this Indy for an hr now. Well, I dont know, overall is worse than I expected but better than the pics that we saw. Definitely not worth a DX price tag.

I did say this is an average HT MMS grade figure. :panic::panic::panic: Will pose some pics later.

If you can't make this figure look good then no one can.

Jesus Christ, that top one is Fred West with eyeshadow!

Chimp Indy - the biggest 1/6 disaster ever. I notice no one is calling people who don't like it 'tittybabies'.

Beyond disaster. Hot Toys should literally refund everyone's money on this one who are not happy with the final headsculpt. In fact, Hot Toys should let everyone know they will receive an updated sculpt that Arnie is going to fix. That is the only way I see this turning out good since the rest of the figure is pretty good.

I dont know what to think... months waiting for this????

If it wasn't for the great Superman 1/6, at this point HT and Arnie Kim would not be looking as good. If Hot Toys promises a fixed Indy sculpt and that it will be shipped out to those who want it that pre-ordered this with deposits, then it would make things better. $250 for this is outrageous. Hot Toys should have made a large enough profit that they can pay Arnie Kim to create a new better sculpt and ship them for free.. Anyone not agree with me on this one?

Hot Toys should have made a large enough profit that they can pay Arnie Kim to create a new better sculpt and ship them for free.. Anyone not agree with me on this one?

By a loooong way. I think you overestimate what a sculptor gets paid

I'm betting HT made enough profit to pay Arnie for a 100+ new sculpts :lecture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back