Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks cheaed a bit still... you elongated the face... wich also works... that other one that was posted yesterday was better, it messed around with the eyes somehow..

anyway Kim has to start from scratch if you ask me...

Okay, here's my last one. What do you guys think?

HotToyscomparison.jpg

Maybe a bit too much stubble, but the face is much better.

Okay, here's my last one. What do you guys think?

The difference is astounding! If only Arnie Kim would take note of that and make the necessary adjustments.

Looking quickly from picture to picture, they look like two dfifferent people. Your's is now definitely Harry, and the other looks even less so.

I don't subscribe to the idea that custom figures are bound to be better than what a largescale manufacturer can put out, at least not with HT and Enterbay on the scene, but in this case the customs certainly are better....apart from the head on that last one Raymond posted. I also think the eyes are overly squinty on the fourth one. Likewise a few of the custom Jokers - yes they're better than the HT one but absurdly and ridiculously expensive. But they only came out after the HT efforts. In the case of Indy better customs already exist.

I'm just not going to buy a figure thats already been bested before it even comes out.

Oh, I forgot that I added the gold belt before I uploaded the photos,

HTIndymanipfinal.jpg

It's unfair to compare sideshow to the HT one. Obviously the HT one looks better. What you should be doing is comparing HT Indy to other HT major wins like T-800, T-1000, Iron Man iV, Godfather, Aldo Reign etc.

I spent 5 mins on the customs thread and pulled like 5 customs that overall look better than what HT showed us...

It;s not always the argument that the csutoms should look better because they cost more either..
Sure i sent a lot on mine but recasted head and paint jobs should not have to happen with Hot Toys standards so that cost should drop off and their tailoring should be up to par, plus the soverign studio jacket is better and he only charges 60 bucks for it (he just doesn't do it quickly lol)

my point is there is no excuse for HT to drop the ball this bad and charge 80 bucks over their usual retail price..
indyfull.png

picture.php

mg4065.jpg

IMG_1500.jpg

indy.png

OK here's what I think, please don't hate me, but I only see one there that beats Hot Toys

1) I see Harrison Ford and it's a great custom, but for me it's more Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, than Raiders age looking wise
2) So unfinished it's hard to have an opinion
3) Amazing. Looks spot on Raiders Harrison Ford
4) Looks ill and is that a converted PF anyway?
5) It looks a bit like John Cryer
Sorry :( but you did put them up for comparison

Last edited:
You should have left the pic in Dino, I loled hard.

When comparing the above to HT version i think it is plan as day that HT needs to work on their tailoring and use a higher quality material. Its just not up to standard. Sorry but if you think it is your fooling yourself. As for HT sculpt i think its just about there just needs very minor adjustments.

As for HT sculpt i think its just about there just needs very minor adjustments.

Yeah, you can tell its close. There are enough shots you can see its oh so close but not there. Its just not as a whole and you toss that in with the hat, jacket, and shoe issues this figure has if you want folks to plunk down $250ish for it you better hit it the way Albert Pujols does a hanging Brad Lidge slider.

When comparing the above to HT version i think it is plan as day that HT needs to work on their tailoring and use a higher quality material. Its just not up to standard. Sorry but if you think it is your fooling yourself. As for HT sculpt i think its just about there just needs very minor adjustments.

Unfortunately, it's the total lack of those very minor adjustments both in sculpt and costume that make this thing not nearly worth the asking price. It's like they didn't pay attention to details whatsoever. :huh

167514_488155237343_58690437343_6403172_2157210_n.jpg
44619.jpg

I still say this is not the fail sculpt some people are proclaiming. You put some circle specs on that hat less head sculpt, and for me that's Professor Indy right there. Now for me it's the minor things like bottom lip reduction, and eye colour

I think the problem is the head is too squatty on that neck. It needs to be a little longer, thinner. And I agree about the bottom lip.

Apologies. Clothing wise, I would say Hot Toys is the weakest, especially the jacket and shoes, but I normally find they come up trumps in that department. For example the The Terminators' and Wolverine's clothing were pretty top notch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back