Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just checked ABC express and it's $205
So that's about £162 when you include delivery for us Brits.
So long as it does not get caught in customs

Last edited:
I dread to think what the UK £ will be.

In today's conversion rate, the DX01 Joker cost me about $200 delivered (£129.99). For two complete outfits and two heads that seemed reasonable.

I would begrudge paying extra for the Idol pedestal, and wish the figure would be available without it.

Just read your addition, Dino. Whenever I order from abroad I always assume that customs will catch it, so that would probably add another £35? (including Royal Mail's handling fee).

(Didn't realize you were from the UK, too. So if I bite the bullet on this one, we'll be in the same boat. OneSixthBruce seems to be the best priced inland option for Hot Toys).

Well I have seen bad ones, but I would never say to the person who was responsible because they seem happy with them, so it's not my place to tell them.
I swapped all my Sideshow Indy's for Pros and it makes them look much better, but it's very hard to not get that shiny face look when photographing the figure unless it has a good repaint, so I don't think Tommy intentionally tried to make it look bad. If anything it still looks good to me as I said so before. In fact I was one of the people who defended it when it first was in production, when others were ripping it apart.

I'd say his point was to make the HT look superior. Otherwise, why not just pose them all side-by-side, face front? That pic was taken for the sole purpose of selling the HT Indy to the masses.

The real issue for me is that the price is so much more, I don't think it is unreasonable to expect a superb figure. And for me, the head sculpt is all important. I couldn't care less about all the extras. I can mod and customise clothes and accessories, but HT has produced some superb sculpts in the past, and for me to pay this much for one guy the head has to be better.

:lecture:lecture:lecture If this were the usual $150-$180, I wouldn't be _____ing and would have him on preorder. But the fact that there's a HUGE price hike warrants the microscope. If they're asking that much more, they should provide a product whose quality and craftsmanship matches the asking price. This? No. Not by a long shot.

I dread to think what the UK £ will be.

In today's conversion rate, the DX01 Joker cost me about $200 delivered (£129.99). For two complete outfits and two heads that seemed reasonable.

I would begrudge paying extra for the Idol pedestal, and wish the figure would be available without it.

Well get it from eBay or see what OSB are selling it for.
If you go to Sideshow you're going to pay the earth for the crap way they have chosen to send figures to us now. Forbidden Planet and Play are even higher, because Sideshow supplies them their Hot Toys figures.
Sideshow are still good for staues though, as that's a different tax issue

Well get it from eBay or see what OSB are selling it for.
If you go to Sideshow you're going to pay the earth for the crap way they have chosen to send figures to us now. Forbidden Planet and Play are even higher, because Sideshow supplies them their Hot Toys figures.
Sideshow are still good for staues though, as that's a different tax issue

I mentioned OSB in my edit, after I realized you'd edited your earlier post. I've seen that Play.com are having a laugh with the T1 T-800, on pre-order for £229.99 (£90 more than OSB's pre-order price).

There's a Hong Kong Ebay seller offering the HT Indy for £168.88 buy-it-now with free delivery. Only they guarantee to send the figure out within 30 days of the listing - which would be impossible since he isn't due for release until the summer.

I mentioned OSB in my edit, after I realized you'd edited your earlier post. I've seen that Play.com are having a laugh with the T1 T-800, on pre-order for £229.99 (£90 more than OSB's pre-order price).

There's a Hong Kong Ebay seller offering the HT Indy for £168.88 buy-it-now with free delivery. Only they guarantee to send the figure out within 30 days of the listing - which would be impossible since he isn't due for release until the summer.

Yeah I would only use the trusted sellers on ebay.

If this were the usual $150-$180, I wouldn't be _____ing and would have him on preorder. But the fact that there's a HUGE price hike warrants the microscope. If they're asking that much more, they should provide a product whose quality and craftsmanship matches the asking price. This? No. Not by a long shot.

I have to say the price is what bothers me the most.
Especially as Bruce Lee was $50 less. That's why I am not really that much of a fan of DX figures. Look at MJ Bad, he costs $200 from Sideshow and hardly comes with anything

I have to say the price is what bothers me the most.
Especially as Bruce Lee was $50 less. That's why I am not really that much of a fan of DX figures. Look at MJ Bad, he costs $200 from Sideshow and hardly comes with anything

I'd understand if licensing fees brought this up to $200. It's something I could stomach paying. But the extra $50, for this no less, it just seems like HT's seeing how ridiculously, blindly loyal their hardcore fans are and testing the boundaries with what they can get away with as far as inaccuracy. So far, it looks like HT's winning. :lol

Some will come in and say, "He's not $250." But that's the market price MSRP Sideshow's established. Everything else is just a discounted price, not the actual price.

What other HT sculpts are you thinking of - I know Yulli's T-800 sculpts are one. Heads are too short and squat - I see the same problem with Indy here.

:exactly:

head is a bit too short and squat here.

might be the molding problems that they sometimes bump into?

they said that with the shrinkage of the berserker predator's proto and final mass product. :lol

:exactly:

head is a bit too short and squat here.

might be the molding problems that they sometimes bump into?

they said that with the shrinkage of the berserker predator's proto and final mass product. :lol

I made the face a little longer and brought the hat down a little more,

167514_488155237343_58690437343_6403172_2157210_n.jpg

Here's the original for comparison,

I made the face a little longer and brought the hat down a little more

How about reducing the depth of the lines (or at least the darkness of the shadow) either side of his nose?

Compare the photo of Harrison that Dino posted earlier:

44619.jpg

The HT sculpt has a hardness that, to me, is ruining the image.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
The sculpt kinda reminds me of an older version of that D-bag Kucher.
Kinda,sorta
:monkey2

Last edited:
How about reducing the depth of the lines (or at least the darkness of the shadow) either side of his nose?

The HT sculpt has a hardness that, to me, is ruining the image.

Good idea,

Reduced lines

12354.jpg

Original

It looks cheaed a bit still... you elongated the face... wich also works... that other one that was posted yesterday was better, it messed around with the eyes somehow..

anyway Kim has to start from scratch if you ask me...

It's unfair to compare sideshow to the HT one. Obviously the HT one looks better. What you should be doing is comparing HT Indy to other HT major wins like T-800, T-1000, Iron Man iV, Godfather, Aldo Reign etc.

I spent 5 mins on the customs thread and pulled like 5 customs that overall look better than what HT showed us...

It;s not always the argument that the csutoms should look better because they cost more either..
Sure i sent a lot on mine but recasted head and paint jobs should not have to happen with Hot Toys standards so that cost should drop off and their tailoring should be up to par, plus the soverign studio jacket is better and he only charges 60 bucks for it (he just doesn't do it quickly lol)

my point is there is no excuse for HT to drop the ball this bad and charge 80 bucks over their usual retail price..
indyfull.png

picture.php

mg4065.jpg

IMG_1500.jpg

indy.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back