Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice to see a fellow East Anglian here :)

And yes, I would happily wait another year for them to do it properly, but I very much doubt that will happen as there appear to be a lot of people here who will settle for less and pay inflated prices for a let-down product.

Even though the current pictures of this figure make it appear less than accurate, I'm still planning on purchasing it.
Straight out of the box it's going to be a better "figure" than Sideshow's, Will it be a better representation of the character ?.... that's what I'm hoping for !, maybe i'm being too forgiving of the current flaws on show but there's time for alterations to be made (As Arnie is apparently doing to the sculpt, according to his FB page).

My hope is that this figure can only get better inbetween now & it's release, let face it - it'll meet the prototype's standard at worst. Sideshow's figure looked OK in it's prototype form but all the really good figures shown on this board have needed heavy modification to be seen as great (& most of them are terrific !).

I want it to be 100% Indy/Harrison Ford & i know that this figure isn't there yet & at the pre-order prices being spoken of at the moment thats not exactly brilliant, as others have said though this is a prototype & maybe HT pushed ahead to get preorder pics out there even while a revised version of the sculpt,etc wasn't ready ?, we'll wait & see !

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="640" height="510" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/PQngphSfcXc" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

The sculpt look pretty sweet in that video, but the hat needs to be lower on his head. Worrying that every pic has it high like that.

Can someone throw together a side by side of HT Indy and SSC Indy, i've read people saying they loved the SSC Indy sculpt but not the paint, and from what i remember the SSC one sucked.

Edit: anyone know the cost of this DX05 compared to DX01 through DX04

Oh yeah DX01 joker came with 2 Heads and 2 costumes, to display both costumes & T-1000 came with 2 Heads and 2 costumes to display both costumes....... Why not this figure :mad:

Can someone throw together a side by side of HT Indy and SSC Indy, i've read people saying they loved the SSC Indy sculpt but not the paint, and from what i remember the SSC one sucked.

From left to right Sideshow---------------- Medicom-------------------Hot Toys--------------------Toys McCoy

6a853733jw6ddi14t86qsj.jpg

I can't believe people complaining... HT looks ace!! :dunno

From left to right Sideshow---------------- Medicom-------------------Hot Toys--------------------Toys McCoy

6a853733jw6ddi14t86qsj.jpg

I can't believe people complaining... HT looks ace!! :dunno

Because that is a very carefully posed photo to make the HT look superior, and because the HT is considerably more expensive and comes from a company known for their fantastic likenesses.

Because that is a very carefully posed photo to make the HT look superior, and because the HT is considerably more expensive and comes from a company known for their fantastic likenesses.

I don't see anything wrong with the way the Sideshow one is portrayed, it still looks good for what it cost. If anything I am shocked to see how they got that Pro to stand upright to begin with. Facts are only a few great artists have managed to make it look like a real person.
Other repaints have made it look worse TBH, even to the point where it looks like Ron Pearlman

167514_488155237343_58690437343_6403172_2157210_n.jpg
44619.jpg

I still say this is not the fail sculpt some people are proclaiming. You put some circle specs on that hat less head sculpt, and for me that's Professor Indy right there. Now for me it's the minor things like bottom lip reduction, and eye colour

As with a lot of HT sculpts, the length of the head is throwing the likeness off a tad. That said, i like the sculpt.

That video shows this off well.

Lower the hat and you have a customer right here HT. :)

I don't see anything wrong with the way the Sideshow one is portrayed, it still looks good for what it cost. If anything I am shocked to see how they got that Pro to stand upright to begin with.

:lol

My SS Pro Indy has always stood unassisted. Just lucky, I guess!

DSCN3724.jpg

DSCN3721.jpg

DSCN3872.jpg

He is great forthe money. The HT should be (and hopefully will be) so much more.

I don't see anything wrong with the way the Sideshow one is portrayed, it still looks good for what it cost. If anything I am shocked to see how they got that Pro to stand upright to begin with. Facts are only a few great artists have managed to make it look like a real person.
Other repaints have made it look worse TBH, even to the point where it looks like Ron Pearlman

Look at the stances they have chosen. The HT is posed in a far more lifelike fashion. Yes, part of that is due to the better body (most people swapped out their pros), but if you can't see that they have been posed this way intentionally, then you have succumbed to the advertising hook, line and sinker.

I think most people have done an excellent job repainting the very good SS sculpt. I have yet to see Ron Pearlman...

Look at the stances they have chosen. The HT is posed in a far more lifelike fashion. Yes, part of that is due to the better body (most people swapped out their pros), but if you can't see that they have been posed this way intentionally, then you have succumbed to the advertising hook, line and sinker.

I think most people have done an excellent job repainting the very good SS sculpt. I have yet to see Ron Pearlman...

The Milk magazine shot posed the SS intentionally to make him look like a right numpty.

Right out of the box, the first time I stood him up he fell into a natural pose. And remained standing there.

The HT will obviously hold even more lifelike poses more easily, which will be a big plus in it's favour.

As with a lot of HT sculpts, the length of the head is throwing the likeness off a tad. That said, i like the sculpt.

What other HT sculpts are you thinking of - I know Yulli's T-800 sculpts are one. Heads are too short and squat - I see the same problem with Indy here.

Well I have seen bad ones, but I would never say to the person who was responsible because they seem happy with them, so it's not my place to tell them.
I swapped all my Sideshow Indy's for Pros and it makes them look much better, but it's very hard to not get that shiny face look when photographing the figure unless it has a good repaint, so I don't think Tommy intentionally tried to make it look bad. If anything it still looks good to me as I said so before. In fact I was one of the people who defended it when it first was in production, when others were ripping it apart.

I swapped all my Sideshow Indy's for Pros and it makes them look much better

You mean you swapped the Pros for Truetypes? (As he comes on a Pro)

but it's very hard to not get that shiny face look when photographing the figure unless it has a good repaint

He always has a sweaty looking face and neck. It's unavoidable, and makes me think of him standing in some steamy Peruvian jungle, or the baking Egyptian desert.

The real issue for me is that the price is so much more, I don't think it is unreasonable to expect a superb figure. And for me, the head sculpt is all important. I couldn't care less about all the extras. I can mod and customise clothes and accessories, but HT has produced some superb sculpts in the past, and for me to pay this much for one guy the head has to be better.

You mean you swapped the Pros for Truetypes? (As he comes on a Pro)

He always has a sweaty looking face and neck. It's unavoidable, and makes me think of him standing in some steamy Peruvian jungle, or the baking Egyptian desert.

Sorry, Yes I meant Truetypes

I was going crazy trying to photograph mine without the shine. The flash did not help, but when I did not use it, it became too dark. I think the best shots of Sideshow Indy are outdoors.

Sorry, Yes I meant Truetypes

I was going crazy trying to photograph mine without the shine. The flash did not help, but when I did not use it, it became too dark. I think the best shots of Sideshow Indy are outdoors.

Yes, there have been some nice shots of him in the great outdoors.

I gave up trying to avoid the shine. Skin texture and finish is something that HT excel in, as do DiD. That's why it seems even more critical that they can somehow soften the prototype sculpt. Maybe reduce the depth of the lines that run from either side of his nose and mouth. If they can just nail the image...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back