Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't think it looks all that bad. Certainly not enough to justify all this negativity. The eyes are throwing off what seems to be a solid sculpt. The PERS look quite sunken on this release and it's making every picture of the figure look evil or, as people on the board have stated, Harrison Ford with eyeliner...

This is my rational as well. :exactly::goodpost::lecture

Beyond disaster. Hot Toys should literally refund everyone's money on this one who are not happy with the final headsculpt. In fact, Hot Toys should let everyone know they will receive an updated sculpt that Arnie is going to fix. That is the only way I see this turning out good since the rest of the figure is pretty good.

Or people could cancel. :dunno

Not sure I see how people are screwed here. It's not like this came out of left field. The sculpt was bad from the start, and didn't get changed. You're screwed if you wanted a great Indy from HT sure, but you aren't out the money yet if you cancel. Otherwise, people can just be disappointed and move along till they do the inevitable next one, or Indy ROTLA 2.0 and beyond, just like Nolan's joker. And, if you can't bear the shame of canceling, you're accepting the poor sculpt as the lesser of evils and should have some pleasure in that. In the end, the buyer still holds the cards.

See... that's what I "love" about the mentality of this board. If you don't hate something, that means you must love it. And vice versa. Absolutely no tolerance or acceptance of a moderate middle ground here, or simply thinking "it's not great, but not horrible either". It's always extremes... "best ever" or "complete fail". Lame.

Anyway, show me where I praise this sculpt even once.

:exactly: The Superman and Indiana thread highlight the beauty of the boards mob mentality. Join us or die.....It is at the very least fun reading :lol

I think the Indy sculpt currently could pass as one of the Gieco Caveman characters with the right amount of hair.

I thought you just said you want to discuss this rationally. :dunno You want me to take your opinion seriously, then stop resorting to using hyperbole like the above in attempt to make your point loud & clear.

Re: Hot Toys Indiana Jones In Hand Pics

the first sideshow version repainted is a way a lot better than this one...ugly jaw and chubby face..:slap:gah:

Here from the other thread:

Sounds like praise to me.

My opinion is this figure is amazing and the accessories are amazing but the sculpt is a complete failure. Just sucks that you need to pay that much and still go find a better head for the figure.

Uh, there's a big difference between accepting something and actually praising it. Except on this simple-minded forum, of course.

As far as no one can take this sculpt seriously this thread will be about how bad it looks for something Deluxe marked and priced $250.

Uh, there's a big difference between accepting something and actually praising it. Except on this simple-minded forum, of course.

You said you're 'happy' with it the way it is.

Really? Are you actually happy with it? Can you honestly say that you don't feel short changed after spending $250 and getting that head sculpt (let's just assume the jacket looks ok).

If you can honestly say yes you're happy, then great, good for you - enjoy your figure :wave

I thought you just said you want to discuss this rationally. :dunno You want me to take your opinion seriously, then stop resorting to using hyperbole like the above in attempt to make your point loud & clear.

I do seriously think the Indy sculpt currently could pass as one of the Gieco Caveman characters with the right amount of hair. With enough hair, I could make him look like the Captain even.

caveman.jpg

I'm glad to be on the simple minded side of things then. I'm having more fun, and hopefully Hot Toys will try harder next time for sculpt perfection.

I don't think you'll find anyone who will truly defend this figure's price point (except that it kinda does seem reasonable when compared to the $225 Batsuit begins figure considering all this comes with). The new HT pricing is indeed getting crazy.

But I'm content with this figure. At the end of the day I like it and will live with it. Sorry. No, it's not a home run and we still lack a 1:6 Indy figure that can be displayed right out of box and acclaimed as the ultimate 1:6 representation of the character without any noticeable room for improvement. And that is definitely disappointing. I don't love the sculpt. Don't completely hate it, either. It's just... okay. I too prefer Trevor's SSC sculpt, but was not at all happy with how that turned out in production. But I do think a lot of you are really over-reacting. It's simply not nearly as bad as banter in here portrays.

I'll say this, though: I do not like PERS.

I don't think you'll find anyone who will truly defend this figure's price point (except that it kinda does seem reasonable when compared to the $225 Batsuit begins figure considering all this comes with). The new HT pricing is indeed getting crazy.

But I'm content with this figure. At the end of the day I like it and will live with it. Sorry. No, it's not a home run and we still lack a 1:6 Indy figure that can be displayed right out of box and acclaimed as the ultimate 1:6 representation of the character without any noticeable room for improvement. And that is definitely disappointing. I don't love the sculpt. Don't completely hate it, either. It's just... okay. I too prefer Trevor's SSC sculpt, but was not at all happy with how that turned out in production. But I do think a lot of you are really over-reacting. It's simply not nearly as bad as banter in here portrays.

Who in their right mind would spend $250 on just "okay"?

:goodpost:

Oh man, the likeness on this guy is PERFECT. I knew Hot Toys would come through and tweak the sculpt for production, not that I had a problem with the prototype. Everything about this figure is fantastic. The presentation, the form fitting clothes, everything. $200 plus well spent.

Judging by the headsculpt alone I really think that Christopher Reeve would be proud.

coolstorydude.jpg

If it were a less expensive figure I think the reaction would be more measured. In general it seems most people are in the "kind of dissapointed" camp; but I'd find it hard to drop $250 on a figure I'm dissappointed in. I wasn't thrilled with the first in-hand pics of the Sideshow Indy, but for $90 I was willing to take my chances.

And again, we have high expectations from HT. I can't think of a single figure from them (since the V1 Joker) that the final product has been as off. And its not just the head; the jacket, the way the hat sits, proportions of the body (which could be the jackets fault) and even the shoes are off.

All things that should/could have been addressed, but ultimately weren't.

See... that's what I "love" about the mentality of this board. If you don't hate something, that means you must love it. And vice versa. Absolutely no tolerance or acceptance of a moderate middle ground here, or simply thinking "it's not great, but not horrible either". It's always extremes... "best ever" or "complete fail". Lame.

Anyway, show me where I praise this sculpt even once.

I can agree with this. The hate and fapping mentality that this board is crumbling into the last couple years is getting worse and worse. There is no honest critic of anything anymore. Something either sucks or omg bestest ever!

As for this thread, what strikes me funny is the same people typing the same "jokes" over and over. People that prolly were not going to get the figure even if it was 99% perfect. Don't like the product, don't buy it and HT will get the clue. Whining on a internets forum wont.

While the sculpt is clearly lacking, when the first crap pics of Spiderman first rolled out people :panic: :panic: :panic: like mofo's and then when some actual good pics came through, changed their tune. Will that happen with Indy? Prolly not.

As for me, I was wanting a Temple of Doom version anyway. :dunno

Have to admit I need to see it in the flesh before I decide what side of the fence I go. At the moment it looks OK to me, some pics and angles look better than others, and a few pics do actually look not so good... but here's hoping.

I guess I'm a casual Indy fan, LOVED the first movie and the rest are OK.

I know its a big bone of contention, but I've spoken to paint app artists in the trade and folks I know who work on prestigious 1/1 scale sculpts and all agree that for some uncanny reason Mr Ford is hard to nail. The only one I've been convinced by so far is the KOTCS Medi version (I know I'm gonna get whipped for that one), but believe it or not quite a few folks (who's judgment I respect) agree.
I do want this as I still don't have a Raiders era figure, and I'm just praying it'll look better in hand. I find these things usually do.

For me, its either great or it isn't great. For this price, it better be great. The Superman 1/6 was a mediocre sculpt and we all complained to death until something was done about it. We dissected it left and right and even Arnie would visit the forums to get idea's on how to improve the proto. Why wasn't this done with Indy at all? Why no improvements? Arnie must have been told by HT not to fix it is my only guess. I think the Indy sculpt currently could pass as one of the Gieco Caveman characters with the right amount of hair. The rest of the accessories are great.

Because HT makes the changes on their own, not from what people post on toy boards. People like to think the whining changes stuff, but Indy is proof it doesn't.

If it were a less expensive figure I think the reaction would be more measured. In general it seems most people are in the "kind of dissapointed" camp; but I'd find it hard to drop $250 on a figure I'm dissappointed in. I wasn't thrilled with the first in-hand pics of the Sideshow Indy, but for $90 I was willing to take my chances.

And again, we have high expectations from HT. I can't think of a single figure from them (since the V1 Joker) that the final product has been as off. And its not just the head; the jacket, the way the hat sits, proportions of the body (which could be the jackets fault) and even the shoes are off.

All things that should/could have been addressed, but ultimately weren't.

Fair enough. And I agree with pretty much all of that, except I'm content enough with the figure to keep my order and I'm still looking forward to getting it.

I can agree with this. The hate and fapping mentality that this board is crumbling into the last couple years is getting worse and worse. There is no honest critic of anything anymore. Something either sucks or omg bestest ever!

As for this thread, what strikes me funny is the same people typing the same "jokes" over and over. People that prolly were not going to get the figure even if it was 99% perfect. Don't like the product, don't buy it and HT will get the clue. Whining on a internets forum wont.

While the sculpt is clearly lacking, when the first crap pics of Spiderman first rolled out people :panic: :panic: :panic: like mofo's and then when some actual good pics came through, changed their tune. Will that happen with Indy? Prolly not.

As for me, I was wanting a Temple of Doom version anyway. :dunno

:lecture:goodpost:

I was actually okay with the previous Superman sculpt too after seeing it in person at SDCC. Of course I'm glad it's even better now, and I wish the same would have happened with Indy. But, oh well. It is what it is.

And I'd like to see a good TOD Indy, too. :rock

Have to admit I need to see it in the flesh before I decide what side of the fence I go. At the moment it looks OK to me, some pics and angles look better than others, and a few pics do actually look not so good... but here's hoping.

:lecture

Because HT makes the changes on their own, not from what people post on toy boards. People like to think the whining changes stuff, but Indy is proof it doesn't.

Disagree. That is your assumption.

Just as likely an assumption is that HT aked Arnie to spend his time reworking Supes as he's more iconic, and felt rather than pushing Indy back to allow for re-work, they'd just release him and continue working on their backlog, which is only getting larger.

The truth can be anywhere in between or something completely different (what if Lucas did not approve an improved sculpt :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back