Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because HT makes the changes on their own, not from what people post on toy boards. People like to think the whining changes stuff, but Indy is proof it doesn't.

And you know this because you work for them? Because quite honestly any company that ignores its main marketing segment in the number 1 forum board is shooting themselves in the foot. Remember Arnie posting in his facebook account a "Do not worry" altered picture of a Supes sculpt and posting that we are being heard, not to worry.

I'm no HT fan. I have zero figures from this company and after the way this turned out, I can't say I have any interest in getting started. Way to go HT. You already lost a new customer.

Disagree. That is your assumption.

Just as likely an assumption is that HT aked Arnie to spend his time reworking Supes as he's more iconic, and felt rather than pushing Indy back to allow for re-work, they'd just release him and continue working on their backlog, which is only getting larger.

The truth can be anywhere in between or something completely different (what if Lucas did not approve an improved sculpt :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl)

All that could be true, but none of it is proof that whining get stuff changed.

The biggest lulz from all this is the clamoring from fans the last few years to get a HT Indy since the SS one was such a travesty. Well they got it and look at the madness that followed.

Pure comedy.

Fair enough. And I agree with pretty much all of that, except I'm content enough with the figure to keep my order and I'm still looking forward to getting it.

And that's why we have free will :lol

I will be curious to see what parts become popular for customizing... I'd still like to switch out the belts/holster and man purse on my Indy figure.

The biggest lulz from all this is the clamoring from fans the last few years to get a HT Indy since the SS one was such a travesty. Well they got it and look at the madness that followed.

Pure comedy.

Now that is funny... HT was to be the savior of the Indy fans :lol

And you know this because you work for them? Because quite honestly any company that ignores its main marketing segment in the number 1 forum board is shooting themselves in the foot. Remember Arnie posting in his facebook account a "Do not worry" altered picture of a Supes sculpt and posting that we are being heard, not to worry.

Of course I don't work for them. No one in this thread works for them. 6400+ posts of meaningless opinions.

Companies make stuff all the time that ignored market segment feedback. The only feedback that mattered is if the item sold or didn't.

As for Kim's broken English comments, those are more likely. "yea yea, whatever" remarks. Nothing more.

Companies make stuff all the time that ignored market segment feedback. The only feedback that mattered is if the item sold or didn't.

This is true, and it's why people shouldn't really be buying it if they are not satisfied with it. Pick up the parts you want off eBay, wait a few weeks, i'm sure the parts will start selling for reasonable amounts.

Still buying this gives HT the wrong message.

Pure comedy.

In all fairness, Hot Toys has done a good job bringing out quality sculpts and paint jobs into the mix. Which is why the bar was set up high for this one.

The SS Indy was a disappointment at the time because most people got paint jobs that made Indy look like he had been out in the sun for 4 days. However the sculpt was spot on and with a repaint could look great.

I don't understand your surprise in how everyone is reacting to this. I being one of many here in this forum who has purchased everything Sideshow has released so far in the Indy line. I cancelled this Hot Toys figure the moment I realized something was wrong with it. I had a feeling based on the lack of any new updated pictures to cancel and glad I did.

All the sideshow figures I have look like Ford. It is an obvious difference in how this one looks, and I cannot understand anyone who settles for mediocre.

I am really surprised they didn't tweak this,how can they be happy with how it turned out?

If the likeness was off,alright it's acceptable as long as it doesn't have a dumb expression like this one has.I understand which expression they were trying to get but it failed terribly and now it only looks funny.

Good that some like this for what it is,me personally glad i didn't PO this.

I am really surprised they didn't tweak this,how can they be happy with how it turned out?

If the likeness was off,alright it's acceptable as long as it doesn't have a dumb expression like this one has.I understand which expression they were trying to get but it failed terribly and now it only looks funny.

Good that some like this for what it is,me personally glad i didn't PO this.

You mean this image, which theoretically could make good use of PERS

Indiana-Jones-Raiders-Lost-Ark-1605.jpg

Except not enough facial hair for this and too much mascara. Furthermore a jawline that is not right and a couple more issues. Including a dumbfounded look.

163465_488154372343_58690437343_6403157_2575656_n.jpg

Proto stuble and paint doesn't look bad there, but then we get this
IMGP9924.JPG

Last edited:

This is true, and it's why people shouldn't really be buying it if they are not satisfied with it. Pick up the parts you want off eBay, wait a few weeks, i'm sure the parts will start selling for reasonable amounts.

Still buying this gives HT the wrong message.

Unfortunately, HT will just turn this around on us and say, "There is not enough interest in the Indiana Jones 1/6 line, judging by the poor sales of our DX figure."

Unfortunately, HT will just turn this around on us and say, "There is not enough interest in the Indiana Jones 1/6 line, judging by the poor sales of our DX figure."

HT would have to be totally oblivious to the existence of this forum and also ignore every single facebook message for them to come up with that conclusion.

That's just how businesses work. They can't admit they did anything wrong, so they just spin it to say there is no interest instead of saying they put out a crappy (exaggerating for my point) product.

HT would have to be totally oblivious to the existence of this forum and also ignore every single facebook message for them to come up with that conclusion.

Sideshow has pulled that on us Indy fans several times. I wouldn't put it past HT to do the same thing. And I think they are less familiar with this forum than Sideshow.

Except not enough facial hair for this and too much mascara. Furthermore a jawline that is not right and a couple more issues. Including a dumbfounded look.

163465_488154372343_58690437343_6403157_2575656_n.jpg

Proto stuble and paint doesn't look bad there, but then we get this
IMGP9924.JPG

To be fair; while Watermelon posts very nice quality photos... the lighting tends to be harsh and unflattering. His pics of Yoda make him look lime green which also is not accurate.

That's just how businesses work. They can't admit they did anything wrong, so they just spin it to say there is no interest instead of saying they put out a crappy (exaggerating for my point) product.

HT (or maybe it was just Yulli) did admit to being disappointed with the V1 Joker sculpt. So it does happen.

Although it is also possible that this sculpt was approved and they were not allowed to alter it. Hard to say how much of a final figures look is a creative/artistic decision or dictated by the license holders.

Hot Toys needs to get rid of the PERS... I dont care if the eyes move on my figures. Heck, I posed my DX Jokers eyes once and never touched them again.

I hope the same problem doesnt happen with the Keaton and Nicholson figures!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back