Hot Toys - DX13 - T2: T-800 (Battle-Damaged Version) 1/6-scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why it takes more than 20 seconds to put a figure within another box is beyond me. How a second box can delay shipping is just retarded.

Profile likeness is near perfect this time from what I can tell just looking at it, the mouth, the jaw, the crows feet wrinkles. Nice one Yulli!

I don't think these heads are going to fit on an MMS117 body. Someone was asking that earlier and I was curious too because I wanted to see if I could replace the head on my CREGcustoms BD T-800 which used that body. It seems to have the same problem as if you tried to put a DX10 head on the MMS117. The internals of the headsculpt won't allow it to sit on that neck properly. Unless you remove the internals or have the skills to reengineer them. Its not a straightforward swap there.

I'm hoping the smallness of the body is my imagination. I haven't ruled out that its the jacket creating that effect by being....I dunno, too big maybe.
481ad4c7f505.jpg
636d3a629686.jpg

chest & shoulders area is shrunk because of EB kid figure popularity.
if at least they made all bodies for T2 similar, it would be ok.
but now it'll need engineering the replacement.
i hope that, being the Hot Toys Butcher, it will not cause me too much trouble :)

chest & shoulders area is shrunk because of EB kid figure popularity.
if at least they made all bodies for T2 similar, it would be ok.
but now it'll need engineering the replacement.
i hope that, being the Hot Toys Butcher, it will not cause me too much trouble :)

I'm mainly concerned about what it ends up looking like after I either get this jacket fitting right or if I replace the jacket with my own weathered MMS117 one or something. This version of T-800 will never be displayed nude or just in T-shirt. So as long as I can get it looking right with the jacket on I'm good. This being T2 Arnold I would prefer him not looking too big as he was definitely smaller in that film.

Interested to see what you end up doing though.

People used to complain about the body being too big. Now HT make a smaller body with a more natural slope to the shoulders and people still complain. :lol

As far as I'm concerned the smaller body is a big WIN. It's something I always wanted. I'm good.

This being T2 Arnold I would prefer him not looking too big as he was definitely smaller in that film.
i don't care what the actor looked like, for example the dull rubber makeup in T2 sucked totally but it is not a reason to have it on a toy.
the important thing is that the actor represented THIS:

2808570-lifesize_terminator_t_800_endoskeleton_12.jpg

terminator35.jpg

so no narrow shoulders for me. i'm not hunting a Schwarzenegger figure in a terminator role, i need a terminator robot in Schwarzenegger flesh over it.

People used to complain about the body being too big. Now HT make a smaller body with a more natural slope to the shoulders and people still complain. :lol
i was the one who a) always was happy about that and b) laughed at 13-years-old EB figure :D
so don't say "people still complain", 90% of them don't even see it and others are happy with a T2 figures line shrinking from first to last scene.

Profile likeness is near perfect this time from what I can tell just looking at it, the mouth, the jaw, the crows feet wrinkles. Nice one Yulli!

I don't think these heads are going to fit on an MMS117 body. Someone was asking that earlier and I was curious too because I wanted to see if I could replace the head on my CREGcustoms BD T-800 which used that body. It seems to have the same problem as if you tried to put a DX10 head on the MMS117. The internals of the headsculpt won't allow it to sit on that neck properly. Unless you remove the internals or have the skills to reengineer them. Its not a straightforward swap there.

I was the one who asked. Thanks for the reply. So, in order to construct an updated T2* I'd need the head and body. Tnx.

*not looking for any specific scene. I'm perfectly happy having a non damaged body with a BD head :)

Can I ask one more thing: If you were to get just one of the two heads, which would you recommend. I know they are both great and represent different parts of the movie, but which one is more "Terminator Arnold" if you understand what I mean?

As far as I'm concerned the smaller body is a big WIN. It's something I always wanted. I'm good.

I for one never complained, I think it's most accurate to Arnie's T2 frame now.

i don't care what the actor looked like, for example the dull rubber makeup in T2 sucked totally but it is not a reason to have it on a toy.
the important thing is that the actor represented THIS:

2808570-lifesize_terminator_t_800_endoskeleton_12.jpg

terminator35.jpg

so no narrow shoulders for me. i'm not hunting a Schwarzenegger figure in a terminator role, i need a terminator robot in Schwarzenegger flesh over it.

Ah. But if you were to pretend that you were more concerned with it looking exactly the size Arnie did in T2 (forgetting about the underlying endoskeleton) would you be happy with this body size or do you still think its too small for him? And I'm talking about with the added bulk of the jacket.

Last edited:
Can I ask one more thing: If you were to get just one of the two heads, which would you recommend. I know they are both great and represent different parts of the movie, but which one is more "Terminator Arnold" if you understand what I mean?

Glad I was able to answer your other question. For this one though, I think you'd get a 50/50 split if you were to run a poll. Personally I'm more interested in the semi-BD sculpt as its the one we haven't seen before in 1:6 or 1:4. I also think if you're going with a non-BD body the semi-BD face is a bit more plausible.

Ah. But if you were to pretend that you were more concerned with it looking exactly the size Arnie did in T2 (forgetting about the underlying endoskeleton) would you be happy with this body size or do you still think its too small for him? And I'm talking about with the added bulk of the jacket.
i don't know. to fit the movie best the body should have slightly wider shoulders but thinner chest and longer arms. this one, after narrowing the shoulder area without changing other proportions, looks like a 160cm bodybuilder.

i don't know. to fit the movie best the body should have slightly wider shoulders but thinner chest and longer arms. this one, after narrowing the shoulder area without changing other proportions, looks like a 160cm bodybuilder.

I think the trouble for them is that they have to account for the bulkiness of 1:6 clothing. Its a bit of a balancing act, maybe we shouldn't blame them for not getting it 100% right. All I know is I think it looks better now than it did on the MMS117 with the pinhead effect that was going on there. Maybe you disagree.

Not to dismiss your preference but I'm not even thinking about whether he looks the right size to fit the endoskeleton inside him. I want an Arnold figure to look as much like Arnold from that particular film as it can, while trying to allow some leeway for the limitations of a mass produced figure with 'real' clothes. I also question how compatible the endoskeleton design really is with the human physique anyway. I mean sometimes they look like they have no neck whatsoever, the knees look like they would give the human knee a completely different shape, the chest looks like it would give the human form a wierd sticky-outty sternum etc etc

All I know is I think it looks better now than it did on the MMS117 with the pinhead effect that was going on there. Maybe you disagree.
i cannot agree or disagree yet. my seller will have them "in early december", which means they'll hit the russianpost "new year collapse", and i'll see my figures luckily on the border between january & february :)
as for body likeness, the T1 body was totally different from Arnold as well, missing shoulder muscles, having too wide shoulders, so no matter how they try, they just try to guess, not explore )
at least they do slightly different bodies today for those prices.
I also question how compatible the endoskeleton design really is with the human physique anyway. I mean sometimes they look like they have no neck whatsoever, the knees look like they would give the human knee a completely different shape, the chest looks like it would give the human form a wierd sticky-outty sternum etc etc
as far as i see, the endoskeleton has only chassis function, so it doesn' have many parts that shape the human completely - chest muscles (they are meat), belly guts (they are fake or meat), knee caps (they are gristle because they should move separately from the skeleton) and so on.

Last edited:
So basically we have the T1 T-800 on his own unique body, the DX10 on a TTM-20 and now the DX13 on it's own slimmed down body and I also have a second T1 T-800 on a hybrid TTM-20 body with Bane's arms.

1311_view.jpg

Back