Hot Toys DX15 Captain Jack Sparrow (Dead Men Tell No Tales)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still can't get over how awesome this piece is! I really loved the dx06 and when I sold it for this I had doubts but honestly worth it.
The DX06 was and remembering it's age it's outdated. The sculpts seem a tad bigger too more in scale with the hands.

View attachment 396657
View attachment 396658
View attachment 396659

Thats no HT figure!! Fess up you've shrunk Depp with a ray gun havent you? You cant just kidnapp him we need him for POTC 6-10 :impatient:

By comparrison the 06 head does look a tad small to me.

Does everyone all of a sudden think this does not look like Johnny Deep as he appeared in OST?

56dbf96a2926e37344cbdf5c04362fcf.jpg

It was that long ago that the DX06 was hailed as one of the best that Hot Toys has ever done. And it was spot on Jack Sparrow. Reading this thread you would never know that those opinios existed.

I'm not saying the DX15 isn't Depp. It is definitely Depp. Just an older Depp.

Tap'd from my 7+

It's that new toy smell syndrome.

I don't think DX6 smiley face looks like OST Depp. It looks more like COTBP Jack, whe he was younger and thin.

Depp looked heavier and older in the last two movies.

Get real. Star Wars has two of the best films in the history of cinema. And a fun popcorn film in ROTJ. Plus a solid film recently in Rogue One.

Pirates at its best ain't even as good as the Jabba's palace sequence.

Opinions, I'd take POTC over the original trilogy, hell I'd take the prequels or even the Twilight saga over the original SW bore fest haha

Does everyone all of a sudden think this does not look like Johnny Deep as he appeared in OST?

It was that long ago that the DX06 was hailed as one of the best that Hot Toys has ever done. And it was spot on Jack Sparrow. Reading this thread you would never know that those opinions existed.

I'm not saying the DX15 isn't Depp. It is definitely Depp. Just an older Depp.

I've never liked it. I was vocal about it when the updated promo pics came out as we well when the figure was released. And when it's been brought up in this thread I've commented on it repeatedly (though I'm sure folks have drowned me out and/or have ignored me about it at this point :lol) But my not liking the smirking sculpt doesn't take away from the fact that OVERALL the DX06 (and now DX15) is still one of the few figures that show exactly what HT is capable of

I keep forgetting I have this fully paid off at a local retailer. Have long since left 1/6 now but it'll be a nice surprise when it shows up at the door one day.

Even if I sell my DX06 for $250 Can (if it would sell for that), that's only $195 US still would need to dish out over $80 US. Thats steep!! Might be giving away too much and paying more for just a head sculpt

Don't sell the DX06 yet.

You know how this works: DX15 is the best thing ever for the first few weeks, then the critics show up and flaws are found and people start to turn on it.

Then you sell DX06... once everyone turns and starts to think the DX06 is better.

This will happen!

Don't sell the DX06 yet.

You know how this works: DX15 is the best thing ever for the first few weeks, then the critics show up and flaws are found and people start to turn on it.

Then you sell DX06... once everyone turns and starts to think the DX06 is better.

This will happen!
:(

In the end this figure might be too rich for my blood coming in at over $350 CAN. It's step by step and step one should be leaving this thread

:(

In the end this figure might be too rich for my blood coming in at over $350 CAN. It's step by step and step one should be leaving this thread

I did that with the Neo thread and it worked wonders. I’m still in this one ‘cause I love the danger.

I have the DX06 and nearly done paying off the DX15... I'm really excited to get it.
I prefer the smiling sculpt on the DX06 and prefer the serious sculpt on the DX15.

can anyone post a video with the differences between DX06 and DX15?

It's that new toy smell syndrome.

I don't think DX6 smiley face looks like OST Depp. It looks more like COTBP Jack, whe he was younger and thin.

Depp looked heavier and older in the last two movies.

But it looks like Depp. I see many people in this thread saying it doesn't look like him. Or looks like a cosplay Jack. I don't remember this many people complaining about the DX06 when it came out. Maybe it is the new toy smell syndrome. Maybe I'm just not that critical. Who knows. LOL

Tap'd from my 7+

Back