Hot Toys DX15 Captain Jack Sparrow (Dead Men Tell No Tales)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Or in my case, had to sell off DX06 and could never afford or justify the pre-DX15 after market prices. I put a lot into making my DX06 the Jack I’d wanted since Meditech Jack and I was very happy so selling it was the hardest decision I ever made in selling a collectible. Not only were after market prices crazy, but I didn’t find parted Medicom figures to get another hat so it would have meant at least another $150 for that to have MY Jack figure again. DX15 offered a chance at Jack again for retail, and with luck Black Ops had just the Medi hat for sale and I was able to get DX06 hands I prefer. My 1/6 Jack will me a hybrid of parts from 3 different figures but when I look on the shelf I’ll see the Jack I’ve wanted since Medi released the first 1/6.

Got mine yesterday, had to walk through a blizzard to get it as post vans weren't out.

So... how is it?

... when I look on the shelf I’ll see the Jack I’ve wanted ....

That's all that truly matters. Glad you could get this.

I'd say it doesn't look like you'll ever need another... but look how things have changed in just 5 years. At some point I hope my nostalgia for a figure the way it is supersedes my desire for an upgrade.

:lol

Wow, unless some one here runs into some Ninjas or something, no one is beating that story. :lol

I heard a story once: this guy went to meet the FedEx truck only to find that it had crashed through a guardrail and ended up in a lake. He got there just as the truck went under. The driver was OK on the shore. So this guy dives into the water, swims down to the truck, looks in the back window... and sees his package inside, still dry on top of a pile as lake water poured in. So this guy swims around and enters the cab and manages to get into the back of the truck where there's still air. He gets ahold of one of those plastic shipping bags and manages to put his package into the bag... then swims out of the cab and gets back to shore with barely a spot on his box. Crazy. But then I found out that the story was a lie so I guess it doesn't count.

Good story though.

I'd say it doesn't look like you'll ever need another... but look how things have changed in just 5 years. At some point I hope my nostalgia for a figure the way it is supersedes my desire for an upgrade.

Well, my intent is, if the stock coat doesn't hold up, to customize it to my satisfaction, the tailoring and material look great, just off color, all the other parts look great, so even if 5 years from now we got another, the only part I'd probably look at for upgrade would be head/faces, thankfully. It would be cool if HT actually released the Cannibal throne they teased ages ago, but pretty sure that time has passed.

So... how is it?

It's amazing, the serious head sculpt is bang on Jack, the smiling one though, not digging it at all... it's an amazing figure, listing my DX06 now haha.
:lol

Wow, unless some one here runs into some Ninjas or something, no one is beating that story. :lol

I saw that the tracking said my local sorting office got it yesterday morning and Ireland goes to **** if a bit of snow falls so wouldn't get it till next Monday, I though F that and walked to the sorting office and told your man to find me it... my new Iron Man arrived this but sorting office is closed! :(

Will post pics later.

Picture by Ian McGarr

28379311_2026720634262509_2694565287972133022_n.jpg28379311_2026720634262509_2694565287972133022_n.jpg

Yeah, those were posted earlier. Big difference.

It's amazing, the serious head sculpt is bang on Jack, the smiling one though, not digging it at all... it's an amazing figure, listing my DX06 now haha.

Will post pics later.

Cool.

I think some bits on the DX06 are better though: like the scabbard, the guns, a few other things.

I heard a story once: this guy went to meet the FedEx truck only to find that it had crashed through a guardrail and ended up in a lake. He got there just as the truck went under. The driver was OK on the shore. So this guy dives into the water, swims down to the truck, looks in the back window... and sees his package inside, still dry on top of a pile as lake water poured in. So this guy swims around and enters the cab and manages to get into the back of the truck where there's still air. He gets ahold of one of those plastic shipping bags and manages to put his package into the bag... then swims out of the cab and gets back to shore with barely a spot on his box. Crazy. But then I found out that the story was a lie so I guess it doesn't count.

Good story though.

Good story.

What's a good or reasonable price to pay for the full serious 15 head, including the bandanna and hair? I might buy it later, but if it's too expensive then it might be better to buy the figure.

What's a good or reasonable price to pay for the full serious 15 head, including the bandanna and hair? I might buy it later, but if it's too expensive then it might be better to buy the figure.

I saw a set for $90 on eBay. The whole figure costs $270 roughly, so I'd say around $60 would be reasonable, that's 1/4 the cost of a whole figure. $90 or more and you might as well buy the whole figure.

Thing about the DX 15 is that it captured the goofiness of a aged Depp getting into the costume of the young Sparrow character we love from COTBP. When I see DX15 I think of watching Stranger Tides for the first time thinking that's not Jack Sparrow with the loose hair etc. This figure is DAMN perfect but have not committed. Bottom line is can I live with DX06 when a better one is out there? What happens when a new Bespin Luke comes out? I just replaced my SS Vader with the Tarkin 2 pack and have Esb Fett on preorder to replace my SS. What happens when a new Indy comes out??? Damn am i getting in the double dipping game?

I'd sell the DX6 if HT made a COTBP Jack. I might even settle for a Cannibal 2.0 as long as it comes with a clean face. It's shocking to me that they haven't yet, since that's probably the best film in the franchise (COTBP). Not only that, it would be a completely new figure. Even the accessories would have to be new. Maybe that's why they don't want to...or maybe to them Jack just looks the same regardless of film. Most people can't tell the difference probably, or don't care. :gah:

I think lack of Curse Jack is more do with the limited accessories for a one off figure than anything, less belts, less weapons, less belt trinkets. I feel like with Jack, Hot Toys loves the character and loves doing these deluxe lone figures every few years when a new movie hits, but they aren't inclined to pump resources into a line of Pirates figures, even if all Jack.

Yup, less of everything. I guess they could include the cane he used in Tortuga island, the green apple, handcuffs from when he was arrested, the gold crown and gold chalice...and if they want to go all out, make it a two pack and include skeleton Jack and the mast from Jack's boat that sinks from his COTBP intro as a base. :D

Thing about the DX 15 is that it captured the goofiness of a aged Depp getting into the costume of the young Sparrow character we love from COTBP. When I see DX15 I think of watching Stranger Tides for the first time thinking that's not Jack Sparrow with the loose hair etc. This figure is DAMN perfect but have not committed. Bottom line is can I live with DX06 when a better one is out there? What happens when a new Bespin Luke comes out? I just replaced my SS Vader with the Tarkin 2 pack and have Esb Fett on preorder to replace my SS. What happens when a new Indy comes out??? Damn am i getting in the double dipping game?

Just keep calling it double-dipping and you'll be right. Once you start calling it 'upgrading' then you're done for.

What they could do is a Pirates Trilogy DX that's basically one figure loaded with parts to make it be Curse, Dead Man's Chest or World's End, depending on personal preference. Over 3 movies there's enough stuff to make a solid DX, and by making only one figure, likely would get people to buy multiples to make all 3.

This figure is a lot better in terms of likeness than the DX06. I remember when I first got it and was so amazed by its likeness.

DX06 was very good at that time, but this new one is a very noticeable improvement on both scpts and the hair on the sculpt makes some pictures seem a real actual pic of the actor.

The smiling face is a bit of a letdown, but not because of the sculpting, but more because the smile looks weird. The UU Sparrow still has the best smile in my opinion.

Back