Hot Toys DX15 Captain Jack Sparrow (Dead Men Tell No Tales)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What they could do is a Pirates Trilogy DX that's basically one figure loaded with parts to make it be Curse, Dead Man's Chest or World's End, depending on personal preference. Over 3 movies there's enough stuff to make a solid DX, and by making only one figure, likely would get people to buy multiples to make all 3.

as cool as that would be I don't think you'd have enough pieces to make 2-3 separate figures unless they included double shirts, sash and waistcoats (potentially jackets if you want to get into the nitty gritty lol)especially if you'd thinking something along the lines of DX Bespin Luke. It would make more sense to have a stand alone COTBP jack with some sort of awesome base and separate DX for DMC & AWE since those two movies share the same accessories and (if I remember correctly) filmed almost simultaneously.

This figure is a lot better in terms of likeness than the DX06. I remember when I first got it and was so amazed by its likeness.

DX06 was very good at that time, but this new one is a very noticeable improvement on both sculpts and the hair on the sculpt makes some pictures seem a real actual pic of the actor.

The smiling face is a bit of a letdown, but not because of the sculpting, but more because the smile looks weird. The UU Sparrow still has the best smile in my opinion.

agreed on all points!

as cool as that would be I don't think you'd have enough pieces to make 2-3 separate figures unless they included double shirts, sash and waistcoats (potentially jackets if you want to get into the nitty gritty lol)especially if you'd thinking something along the lines of DX Bespin Luke. It would make more sense to have a stand alone COTBP jack with some sort of awesome base and separate DX for DMC & AWE since those two movies share the same accessories and (if I remember correctly) filmed almost simultaneously.

Filmed simultaneously and chronologically, 2 and 3 take place within the span of probably weeks, where significant time passes between 1 and 2 where all the new trinkets got added.

I will say, the X scar seems more subdued on DX15 than DX06 and I'm glad for that, on a shelf you can't even spot it, but in photos, I'd prefer a portrait before that scar.

I wish HT would have given him the sparrow tattoo, I know you don't see it after Pirates 3, but still, it's a trademark, Medicom even did it.

Yup, less of everything. I guess they could include the cane he used in Tortuga island, the green apple, handcuffs from when he was arrested, the gold crown and gold chalice...and if they want to go all out, make it a two pack and include skeleton Jack and the mast from Jack's boat that sinks from his COTBP intro as a base. :D

I'd be totally game for all of that, but it's not Marvel or DC so HT don't care. We're lucky as it is to get a Jack from the most recent film.

Im getting so tempted. I sold my dx06 and always regretted it. If this was COTBP then it would be a no brainer. But DMTNT actually wasn’t bad at all.

Filmed simultaneously and chronologically, 2 and 3 take place within the span of probably weeks, where significant time passes between 1 and 2 where all the new trinkets got added.

I wish HT would have given him the sparrow tattoo, I know you don't see it after Pirates 3, but still, it's a trademark, Medicom even did it.
true and it makes sense for the movies, but the initial reason those extra trinkets were added is that they lost most (if not all) of his COTBP wardrobe and new stuff had to be sourced. I think only one original hat was left but I could be mistaken.

and I agree about the tattoo. It's such an easy thing for them to add IMO. They can put Barney Ross's tattoos all over as well as The Rock's for Roadblock but the can't even put that small detail on him. Even the first Sideshow PF had the tattoo, albeit, it was too small but it was still there.

Honestly how many people swapping the sculpt? From the Dx06. Not sure on it

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Still can't get over how awesome this piece is! I really loved the dx06 and when I sold it for this I had doubts but honestly worth it.
The DX06 was and remembering it's age it's outdated. The sculpts seem a tad bigger too more in scale with the hands.

IMG_1567.JPG
IMG_6639.JPG
IMG_6636.JPG

All Pirates movies are great ����
The only great one is Curse of the Black Pearl. The other four don't even come close. 3-5 are just straight up bad.

Edit: I stumbled across this comment almost 3 years later on accident and I think to myself "past Shadow, you fool!" I've actually been rewatching the series over the holidays here. COTBP is still the greatest one but DMC is a very close second (it is a solid follow up sequel and does what a sequel should do). AWE has even more cheese to it at times but it's still awesome and a visual feast. A very very solid trilogy.

OST is very much a mixed bag. I'm okay with it being a new adventure disconnected from the originals, but the issues revolve more around a sloppy script, weird pacing and missing key POTC fundamentals. I mean we don't even get a battle on the open seas! Depp as Sparrow is still overall good, but here is where things start to surface that show Sparrow's writing and Depp's acting for Sparrow are beginning to slip.

Now DMTNT... yeah, this one is straight up bad especially in comparison to what has come before. Sparrow is not Sparrow. It kind of reminds me of The Force Awakens in that is it blantant rehash of past ideas, but does it more poorly. It's like we've seen this BEFORE, and executed way better so why not go watch the originals instead. The plot is more basic and not overly engaging, the new comers are fine but don't add much, and there are a lot of really stupid scenes or script decisions. While it would be nice to end POTC on a high note I think it went the way of many franchises and got run into the ground. IMO time to let it all rest.

I doubt anyone will see this unless you happen to delve into this old thread but I wanted to leave my mark and correct my younger self's bashing of POTC. :rotfl Especially when 3 years later, I am now waiting for a DX15 to come in the mail.

Eh say what you will about them, but they have more solid entries as a whole than the likes of Star Wars and the MCU (a fact that time will prove later on). :lecture

Eh say what you will about them, but they have more solid entries as a whole than the likes of Star Wars and the MCU (a fact that time will prove later on). :lecture

Get real. Star Wars has two of the best films in the history of cinema. And a fun popcorn film in ROTJ. Plus a solid film recently in Rogue One.

Pirates at its best ain't even as good as the Jabba's palace sequence.

Saw the unboxing vid on the big screen and all I can say is this is pretty much a Museum piece, it's THAT good.

And the box is dope and all those accessories. Can't wait.

Does everyone all of a sudden think this does not look like Johnny Deep as he appeared in OST?

56dbf96a2926e37344cbdf5c04362fcf.jpg

It was that long ago that the DX06 was hailed as one of the best that Hot Toys has ever done. And it was spot on Jack Sparrow. Reading this thread you would never know that those opinios existed.

I'm not saying the DX15 isn't Depp. It is definitely Depp. Just an older Depp.

Tap'd from my 7+

Back