Hot Toys DX46: Terminator 2: Judgment Day - T-800 (Battle Damaged Version 2.0)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Because they titled this as a "battle damaged version" I guarantee they'll do a clean version. And they obviously know it'll sell.
I suspect the Marvel and Star Wars toys are not selling, outside the orignals and Spiderman so they have no choice but the do updates.

No one wants Marvel stuff and that's a good thing since HT wants money.

I suspect the Marvel and Star Wars toys are not selling, outside the orignals and Spiderman so they have no choice but the do updates.

No one wants Marvel stuff and that's a good thing since HT wants money.
Yeah I agree, it's a pretty strong lull in new MCU and SW content. They need to go back for products. It's a good thing for us.

I suspect this bodes VERY well for the Jungle Hunter Predator.

Both would be nice of course, including the box of roses and half endo arm, although how many people would actually use the roses?
I actually regret selling the roses from my MMS117. I got him back when I was a student, and selling off accessories was a way to get some cashflow for new figures.

But a display with T-800 walking, in the middle of taking the shotgun out for the box and the roses on the floor, visually pops very well. It provides great contrast to the all black outfit, which is my preferred look.

I never picked up the original T2 releases, but I swore that I would when they came around again. Though I am having a hard time deciding between this, and the eventual re-release of a clean version.

I don't like to have off-putting pieces in my collection (figures with gore, sexualized, etc) however I can't deny that it's more iconic to see T-800 with his endoskeleton peeking through damaged flesh, and it also possesses greater visual interest. Clean T-800 is what I initially wanted, but to anyone who isn't very familiar with the franchise, it can come off as generic biker dude. Then of course, there's the pure T-800 endoskeleton, but you lose the representation of Arnie with that.

If you could only have one T2 figure in your collection, which version of T-800 would you go with?

I never picked up the original T2 releases, but I swore that I would when they came around again. Though I am having a hard time deciding between this, and the eventual re-release of a clean version.

I don't like to have off-putting pieces in my collection (figures with gore, sexualized, etc) however I can't deny that it's more iconic to see T-800 with his endoskeleton peeking through damaged flesh, and it also possesses greater visual interest. Clean T-800 is what I initially wanted, but to anyone who isn't very familiar with the franchise, it can come off as generic biker dude. Then of course, there's the pure T-800 endoskeleton, but you lose the representation of Arnie with that.

If you could only have one T2 figure in your collection, which version of T-800 would you go with?
I completely get where you're coming from. (There are a lot of characters and monsters from films I love that I'd never display simply because they're too gory or off-putting.) I think you kind of nailed it with your assessment though - you're going to need some of the endoskeleton showing through to really "sell" the idea of a cybernetic organism. I'd just keep both arms on. ;)

why a 'clean' Terminator? Did you like him best looking like the actor Arnold Schwarzenegger...?
Through the years, I’ve grown to like “battle damage” figure/statues, especially all the detail.

But I still prefer “clean,” if I had to choose one definitive representation of a character.

Luckily we have so many options these days (clean & battle damage, licensed & unlicensed) and hopefully the disposable income to afford both.

For the Prime 1 T2 Arnold 1:3 statue, I ultimately chose The Cyberdyne “cleaner” look over the Final Battle (with the missing arm) - didn’t buy both statues in this case because the Platinum edition with rooted hair is already $3 Grand alone. But I also PO’d the Endoskeleton 1:3 to have representation of that.

Last edited:

"anyone who isn't very familiar with the franchise" - surely most people on earth (well, of a certain age?) would recognize Arnie as Arnie and not a generic biker dude though?

The BD for sure! Tho I’m sure any would be a good option :)

Non-BD version coming?
IMG_9984.jpeg

Back