Hot Toys DX46: Terminator 2: Judgment Day - T-800 (Battle Damaged Version 2.0)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of my favorite moments,
I tend to think of it more than the Galleria scene.

View attachment 731895
Yeah the whole Pescadero hospital escape scene is epic. Sarah thinking she is just about to be blown away by the thing that tried everything to kill her years ago.
If I could just have one version it would have to be the clean version, too many epic scenes with the T-800 in that look.
The Galleria, all the bike scenes, Pescadero hospital scene. Even the desert scene Arnie is still clean just has lost his sunglasses by then.
He does not really start to get batle damaged untill the end of the Cyberdyne scene. Thats pretty late on in the movie.

BTW I know the T-800 sustains minor damage in the Galleria fight but thats just pistol fire from the T-1000. I never really understood why the T-1000 shot the T-800 with a pistol if he knew he was a T-800 he would of known 9mm bullets would do nothing to the T-800. Maybe initially the T-1000 thinks the T-800 is human. You would think the T-1000 would know straight away as the T-1000 is so advanced.

Yeah the whole Pescadero hospital escape scene is epic. Sarah thinking she is just about to be blown away by the thing that tried everything to kill her years ago.
If I could just have one version it would have to be the clean version, too many epic scenes with the T-800 in that look.
The Galleria, all the bike scenes, Pescadero hospital scene. Even the desert scene Arnie is still clean just has lost his sunglasses by then.
He does not really start to get batle damaged untill the end of the Cyberdyne scene. Thats pretty late on in the movie.
Exactly my thoughts.

It's weird but T2 falls off for me after they blow up Cyberdyne. I’m glued to the screen leading up to that point and then I find myself on my phone or getting up from my seat, which is why I’m going clean 100% lol. Yeah, I know, it’s weird.

Exactly my thoughts.

It's weird but T2 falls off for me after they blow up Cyberdyne. I’m glued to the screen leading up to that point and then I find myself on my phone or getting up from my seat, which is why I’m going clean 100% lol. Yeah, I know, it’s weird.
T2 is one of the all time greats. Also one of my earliest films. I love it. But I don't think it offers much on multiple viewings (frequented especially). It's got heart, but mostly, it's pretty straight forward. You blink, and you'll miss a few bullets. I can certainly understand what you mean. After the 2 hour mark, I start feeling tired, at which point the movie's just playing out the way I expect.

I get that feeling a lot actually. That's why I try to give time before I rewatch a film that I like.

I feel like T2 has far more rewatch ability than T1 does. The story is great but Cameron figured out his stride with this film, he knew what the audience wanted and he delivered, in spades. As he did with Aliens when they asked him to make the sequel,
no retread.

He knew not to retread old ground in any way. He makes Arnold the protagonist alongside Connor instead of opposed her.

He knew the audience wanted to see two Terminators go head to head with no restrictions. He plays up to that idea so well.

Every attempt at stopping either Terminator in their tracks is a valued effort. The creativity in this film in undeniable, nothing like it, so many expertly crafted special effects.

Why’d you have to go
and dedicate everything to Avatar..

Seeing Arnold light the T-1000 up as he’s driving the big rig, to the T-1000 freezing, leading to a bullet fragmenting him to oblivion, then he comes back as he always does. There’s no real deviation from either this or story and allows it to hold up regardless of its age. The only slow parts to me are the step parents, along with Miles and his family treaded on too long, though I understand the attempt at building emotion.

Last edited:
I feel like T2 has far more rewatch ability than T1 does.
Agreed.

I actually saw T2 before T1.

It works as a standalone film. But the context of T1 adds to my appreciation of the sequel. And it makes his protagonist turn that much more interesting.

The creativity in this film in undeniable, nothing like it, so many expertly crafted special effects.
Agreed.

While some of the visual effects look dated.. others hold up really well. And a lot better than modern CGI.

I'm over the muddled, processed, computer generated garbage. The magic of cinema was in practical effects. The "how did they do that?" aspect.. And it feels realistic because it's there, and the actors are seeing it, and reacting in real time.

I'll take this over anything a computer can generate and paste 👇

Why’d you have to go
and dedicate everything to Avatar..
Agreed.

But listening to Cameron and following his approach with his recent work... he's really lost his touch as a filmmaker. He's more so a technical innovator now, and not so much an artistic force in the medium.

Last edited:
Yes, both of the first 2 films were great in their own ways. I'd love to see Cameron conclude the saga. Restore the emotional resonance that T2 had and give us a sizeable portion devoted to the future war (from the first 2 movies). Most of all, with a storyline and script that has intelligence and a return to powerful storytelling.

I adore both movies. I saw T2 first as a 9 year old in 1992 and watched it pretty-much weekly back then. It was a core memory for me.

I watched T1 afterwards and loved it, but always found it darker and "scarier" so didn't watch as much back in the day. However, I find as I've grown I'm starting to prefer T1 a little more. T2 remains the greatest action movie of all-time in my mind, but there's something about the grittiness of T1, the efficient story telling and overall world-building that has me starting to think it might be my favorite.

Can't go wrong with either, but T1 might now be more re-watchable for me. In saying that, I've literally seen T2 more than any movie in my life, so it may have lost some of the magic now that I can recite the entire movie.

Oh how I would love to use that MIB memory eraser and watch T1 & T2 for the first time again... not to mention Jurassic Park and The Matrix haha

Back