Hot Toys Iron Man 2 Whiplash Teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh. The figure looks fantastic but I'm not a fan of the "force lightning" wrapped around the whips. If you open the first link and get the larger photo you'll see it translucent plastic wrapped around them. Simply making them light up would have done the trick, now that part looks slightly cheesy....I'm surprised we haven't seen that with Hasbro's figures. I love the headsculpt and will get it but if I can I'll pry those plastic horrors off of the whips and display without.

The whips are going to be the real decider for me. I really dont like the yellow parts. Look like frozen orange juice or something. Be good if there was a 'lit' and 'unlit' version of the whips which you could swap out or whatever. I'm just really on the fence about this at the moment

Eh. The sculpt isn't bad but the plastic eltro-bolts on the whips definately isn't attractive. I'll wait for the offical pics but I am not sold.
A shame since I am hoping for a movie villian beyond the TDK Joker.

I'm not feeling the lightning effect on the whips....maybe it will look more favorable in other pics. But my first thought is that it looks cheesy.

I hope they don't make this figure with the noticable crack in his torso. Why not do a body like king Leo but without the abs. I wanted this figure so bad now I just pray they improve it. Do you guys think they will change the body

I really can't believe all the hate over the whips and how much people are complaining that it makes it look like a toy.

1. IT IS A TOY!!!

2. Exactly how do you detractors think Hot Toys should have handled it? Look at the CGI lightning in the trailer! It's a miracle that HT made it look as convincing as they did!

In the teaser they appear to be illuminated. They are glowing with the chest peice. Fiber optic style? If they glow then that would be cool. I still want them removable. I wont let a little "frozen orange juice" stop me from getting this bad a$$ mo fo.

Re: Hot Toys Iron Man 2 - Whiplash

Nice teaser. I don't think I'm gonna pick this one up just because of Mickey Rourke--his face is just too FUGLY! :lol

Yeah but you are pretty much guaranteed to have an exact replica of the actual actor's face. :monkey1

Plastic. :monkey5

It does look photoshopped because the yellow parts don't seem to be moving the same in the 2 pictures looking at his right hand, of course its possible or even likely that they'd be posable anyways so....

:huh

Screw the whip problem. Don't u guys think we need to fix the abdomen problem. That seem is
hideous. Do a body like king Leo but without the tight abs.

2. Exactly how do you detractors think Hot Toys should have handled it? Look at the CGI lightning in the trailer! It's a miracle that HT made it look as convincing as they did!

I don't know....maybe make the lightning removable????

You may think that it's an absolute miracle that HT made the lightning so "convincing"...but those folks that don't share that point of view are entitled to voice their opinion. I'm glad the lightning doesn't bother you, but for others it may be a deal breaker.

Thats what I thought, I must be losing it cos I can't see it :slap
Even in the shots from the back...

If it was a seam it would be visible in the shot from his back, looks like the joints on his shoulders are the only visible ones I can live with that.

Although if his tattoos go from chest to shoulder it might mean that moving his arms would knock them out of alignment which would be weird. I'm not sure if they do though.

This is too much complaining I'm happy with it as long as that lightening is either removable or added in the pic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back