Hot Toys Man Of Steel Teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks unfinished..?

Looks like someone just took a screenshot of the bootleg version of the SDCC footage:lol

Actually now that I read these comments.

My guess is that it's actually a shot of TV footage that ordinary citizens will be watching during the film - of Superman being arrested. To give that sense of 'can this Alien be trusted?'

It's actually an exclusive movie poster. That was attracted to the The Dark Knight Rises promotion. I am sure they will release more movie posters. My only hope is that they market this movie better then SR.

55486F28-D2F8-4144-B682-0DC772B58E1A-1069-0000012BF08A0C55.jpg

In spite of what's written it's not really a poster, you won't see that on bus stops.
It's just a teaser image taken from the SDCC footage meant to whet our beaks while we wait for the first trailer in 11 days.
Cavill looks terrific, I think the movie will be too. :clap

Looking forward to seeing what Hot Toys does with this

Not much, I'm afraid. They'll simply use one of the already available body types instead of creating a specific body just for Henry Cavill. Headsculpt might be ok, though I'm not sure what material they're going to use for the costume. Not at all impressed with what they've done with Amazing Spider-Man's costume to be honest.

Also, it'll be lacking in the accessory department seeing that this is Superman. Much more interested in seeing what they'll do with the villain.

Not much, I'm afraid. They'll simply use one of the already available body types instead of creating a specific body just for Henry Cavill. Headsculpt might be ok, though I'm not sure what material they're going to use for the costume. Not at all impressed with what they've done with Amazing Spider-Man's costume to be honest.

Also, it'll be lacking in the accessory department seeing that this is Superman. Much more interested in seeing what they'll do with the villain.

Unless they make a two in one ( CK/Supes)!

I really hope we don't get a rubber suit. The mesh material underneath DX12 or something similar might do the trick.

Unless they make a two in one ( CK/Supes)!

I really hope we don't get a rubber suit. The mesh material underneath DX12 or something similar might do the trick.

Not sure about that for three reasons:

1. They did that with Superman Returns and it was a major fail. Even putting their recent 'improvements' into consideration, I still don't think they can pull it off.

2. It's not economical... for HT.

3. The actual costume doesn't look like it's made out of fabric though it may be possible to emulate the look with the same fabric they used on Amazing Spider-Man though it's quite unlikely to happen since they'll most probably going to use the same bodytype as Arnold's T-800 so I'm not sure they can fit the fabric through all the bulk around the bicep area.

I'm quite happily be proven wrong about the last point though I'm pretty certain about the first two.

Conversely I'm very happy with how the Amazing Spiderman outfit looks hence why I'm looking forward to this :lecture

Conversely I'm very happy with how the Amazing Spiderman outfit looks hence why I'm looking forward to this :lecture

Admittedly, it does look good in neutral pose (standing up), but when you do pose it, well, I'm not so keen with the way the fabric creases at the joints.

One of my few gripes with the costume is the bumpy pattern. It reminds me of the various Spiderman suits, the Singer Superman, and even the Nu-Trek shirts. It's busy and it's been done.

The other thing is there's a slight metallic sheen and the colors look washed out in every picture I've seen.

Well, that's what they perceive as alien-looking. As long as it doesn't look nowhere close to the atrocity that is Green Lantern, I reckon it'll be fine. I'm pretty sure you'll love it once you've seen it on the big screen.

HT needs to make this bad boy and Chris Reeve's Superman in 1/4 scale to go along with 1/4 Bale and 1/4 Keaton.

MAKE IT SO!:gah:

So this pic and it just looked this was being said.

37766501-60D5-44EF-BC09-14557D1EC299-4426-000003C93E323175.jpg

Sorry CR. No disrespect.

It's funny that removing the undies will only make audiences notice the crotch area even more! I hope when the movie comes out I'll be proven wrong though.

Anyway, I'll buy this figure only if the movie impresses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back