Hot Toys Mars Attacks! Thread--PREORDER NOW ON PAGE ONE!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Mars Attacks! Thread

Except that would be the wrong Martian. It was the Leader, not the Embassador that did that.

Ahhhhhhhh sorry! It's been forever since I've seen the movie. I'll have to watch it again soon.

Cosbabies might be very good hint at what we see from this line. Leader, Ambassador, Trooper and Martian Girl. No humans. The more i think about it, I really want the Martian Girl. She would make a fantastic display piece.

Hopefully she'll come with two heads!

If they can fit PERS in the Joker then there plenty of room in that big noggin to fit PERS. It would be waste of space

What they've done, and I'm assuming it's for ease of construction and joints... and not out of not-knowing.. is they've based their figures on the original stop motion maquettes that were made before production started on the film. These had similar proportions to the HT figures... longer arms/legs... biceps/forearms similar thickness... normal sized hands... wider bodies.... joints line at the hips

But these were never used in the film, replaced at the last minute by CGI martians. The proportions were also tweaked. Thinner bodies.... slightly different faces (nose shape etc) ..thicker biceps & thinner forearms.... shorter arms... tiny thin hands with skinny, long fingers.... no joints visible at the hip, instead the 'suit' going down over the hips onto the thighs.

It's a shame they didn't base their figures on the screen viewed martians, however the overall design is close enough.. and as I never thought we'd get any high quality figures from this film... I'm happy to take what I can get!

(oh and the eye thing... the actual martians have eyeballs that look as though they are ball, that are sitting in a socket.... but the figures have eyes that look like they're sitting 'behind' the socket, from inside the head. It's possible this was the only way they could do it and attach the eyes... especially if they're poseable. This would explain the smaller eyeballs. But still.... it does take away from the likeness)

if i get some time later I'll scan some pics to show the diff between the planned stop motion maquette and the CGI martians that we got :)

if i get some time later I'll scan some pics to show the diff between the planned stop motion maquette and the CGI martians that we got :)

That would be cool to see.

Even though I love stop motion... I think the CGI was actually a better way to go. They really looked impressive on the screen.

Here's to hoping they come with a neon green or red charred skeleton!!:D

A cool accessory would be the martian flag that comes out of the leader's hand.

eyes look really good right there, and the ambassadors eyes are in a slightly different spot then the pics from the con. regular soldier looks about the same eye wise.

these are looking great though

MarsAttacks.jpg

Mouth is different on the soldier from the images... tongue isn't out. And good to see he can hold the gun in both hands :rock

Glad to see they're coming through Sideshow. And a new Spy Girl!

Back