Hot Toys MM129 -1/6 Scale :Terminator 2 - T-1000 (official spec + pics added)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello guys
After Devil... (I know, I'm late :lol)
If the likeness is not striking, is it better like this?
I think apart from the nose, everything should be touched up...
(If you have Photoshop, superimpose the three images to help you realize)

it looks a bit strange & oversized. correct it a bit and post it at hot toys facebook site so they can see it and improve their sculpt

Hello guys

yesh. we are getting closer now. good work. the eye color is fixed, the ears are fixed, and the hair color is better. am i missing anything? still needs just a little more work somwhere (?) to be "perfect". thanx for sharing.:hi5:

It isn't nitpicking. I want a T-1000 figure, but if it doesn't look like him then it isn't him and I can't put him on my shelf. It does't matter how good his gear is. There is no reason to except a "close enough" likeness as we did with Blade when it's not too late for HT to make a few small tweaks and make everyone happy. Those of you that don't care will never understand why some of us are hung up on this sort of thing and that's cool, just don't attack us though. Remember that HT themselves has set the bar so high that so-so head sculpts aren't good enough anymore. They have no one but themselves to blame.

The likeness is great with that bike helmet on, I will say that, but I can't buy it for that alone.

T2_T1000_PR1.jpg

I don't know who that is. Your brains are saying it's Robert Patrick because of the clothes and posture and because you've been told who it is. My brain is saying it could be Robert Patrick's brother or a Robert Patrick look-alike, but that is not Robert Patrick.

Last edited:
It isn't nitpicking. I want a T-1000 figure, but if it doesn't look like him then it isn't him and I can't put him on my shelf. It does't matter how good his gear is. There is no reason to except a "close enough" likeness as we did with Blade when it's not too late for HT to make a few small tweaks and make everyone happy. Those of you that don't care will never understand why some of us are hung up on this sort of thing and that's cool, just don't attack us though. Remember that HT themselves has set the bar so high that so-so head sculpts aren't good enough anymore. They have no one but themselves to blame.

The likeness is great with that bike helmet on, I will say that, but I can't buy it for that alone.

ray-charles.jpg

Well that's your opinion and your opinion is in the minority. I'd say at least 9/10 members here think the likeness is near spot on. Nitpick all you want, you're still in the minority. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the likeness but yes (like anything) it could use a small tweak. Nothing is ever gonna be perfect. Nobody is "attacking" the nitpickers. At least i'm not ............... well not intentionally.

I don't like counting my chickens before they hatch and there is a good possibility that I won't get mine until January (I'm not into preorders, especially preorders where you have to put money down) but what the hell I'll list what I'm planning.

MMS SDCC T-1000 as Sarah Connor exclusive

Buy the figure if I can (I'll probably preorder this one). Take the head and flip everything else. Don't like, want, or need that ____ty ass Sarah Connor. I like the base and grated glitch boots but I have no need for it. I want that doughnut head so hopefully I can just buy the figure, take the head and sell the rest on ebay. I plan on making a profit on it too. If I don't I hope I get ATLEAST what I pay for it.

The Doughnut head will be used with my third T-1000 figure listed below.

MMS #129 T-1000 #1

Galleria/Pescadero Regular Cop look. Normal head, white shirt, shirt, belt, berretta, shoes etc. If I ever want to use the reforming split head I'll just swap them the old fashioned way. The different hands, hook/arm blades, and bullet wounds should are easy enough to swap out so I'm not looking for a figure to display solely for the liquid metal abilities.

MMS #129 T-1000 #2

Motorcycle Biker Cop look. The helmet, the normal head, belt, sunglasses, striped pants, boots and MP5K. Just like the above if I want to change hands or arm blades I'll just do it.

MMS #129 T-1000 #3

Steel Mill Look look. Regular head, shirt, white shirt, normal belt without holster or pouches, striped biker pants and boots. I'll probably use the waving index finger and spiked finger for this one.

Just like the other two I'll swap the normal head with the exclusive Doughnut head whenever I feel like it.

OR

I'm buying three figures, right? I'll have plenty of extra clothes. Since the doughnut head is so iconic I could just buy another true type body and a spare belt and throw the extra clothes from the three releases (the shirt, white shirt, boots and striped pants) on the True Type along with the doughnut head.

Like I said, I don't want to plan ahead. Its going to be atleast 4-5 months before we get in hand pics and probably more until I even own them. But still, I tend to do this with every release. I did it with the first two Joker figures, MMS DX Joker and MMS DX Batman so I can't resist on this T-1000.

Going to be a long wait but thankfully I have the NECA figures to help ease the anxiety.

Well that's your opinion and your opinion is in the minority. I'd say at least 9/10 members here think the likeness is near spot on. Nitpick all you want, you're still in the minority. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the likeness but yes (like anything) it could use a small tweak. Nothing is ever gonna be perfect. Nobody is "attacking" the nitpickers. At least i'm not ............... well not intentionally.

the minority you speak of are still flesh and blood people though and have feelings views and opinions that deserve to be respected. i don't feel in my heart that those of us who dislike the sculpts are doing so for reaction. we generally don't see the likeness you see and ony wish it to be better. this is no war, we are on the same team and your 9\10 comment is your opinion and not based on any factual estimation from where i am standing anyway. if you are satisfied with these sculpts then i am really happy for you, for real, however some of us think that they can be alot better and don't want to just settle.

:lecture

Last edited:

T2_T1000_PR1.jpg

I don't know who that is. Your brains are saying it's Robert Patrick because of the clothes and posture and because you've been told who it is. My brain is saying it could be Robert Patrick's brother or a Robert Patrick look-alike, but that is not Robert Patrick.

I Agree with you 150%...i said something way back in this thread...

It really doesn't look enough like him to be worth the price...it's like the people who bought the crappy Gump figure just to get all the bells and whistles...

And people saying the whole "left-handed" thing isn't valid is crazy since so many here _____ about so much...

They should at least include a gripping trigger left hand...I shouldn't have to bend them into shape because HT didn't do their homework on any of this...

Yes, he uses both hands in the film...but he only uses the right hand to fire when he is in the mental hospital...and he held it once with his right while riding the motorcycle...but fired in the mall and in the helicopter with his left...because Patrick IS LEFT-HANDED...not right.

The Pascadero shot was probably done to make the shot easier...so, he was right-handed for that scene...just like Arnie was left-handed on the bike shot while in the flood control drainage channel...

I don't see why this is any different than people wanting a black shirt for the T-800...i simply want a left hand that will actually hold a gun properly.

Oh, and a likeness of Robert Patrick...i think it's the top of the head, it's like he is in House Party 2 instead of Terminator 2.

M.

Hello guys

I agree. While the HTs sculpt is very good...better than any previous attempts...this PS'd tweak looks more accurate to me...still could us a touch here or there to make it as accurate as the T800, but it is closer to the screen character to me. Changing the shape of the head really brings it closer to the actual look.

I should have said what great figure it is. It really is. We're lucky that Hot Toys makes them because I really do derive a lot of pleasure from these things. I just want them to make a few little tweaks that will make a big difference for me. It's worth a shot. If they don't do the tweaks, well I can live with him as is.

Except for those Arnold sized hands, they have to go!! :p

I should have said what great figure it is. It really is. We're lucky that Hot Toys makes them because I really do derive a lot of pleasure from these things. I just want them to make a few little tweaks that will make a big difference for me. It's worth a shot. If they don't do the tweaks, well I can live with him as is.

Except for those Arnold sized hands, they have to go!! :p

Well in that case i'd agree with you 100% I've already said the sculpt could use a small tweak. My comments were directed towards the ones that complain about a missing trigger hand or that it's now compared to the "Gump" figure :lol

The damn thing comes as a 2 in 1 figure (minus a $26 body) for the same price as Arnold and Sarah. Jeez, some people.

I know you're a big Termintor fan, bad. I remember back in 2007 (when I joined this site) you have the coolest T1 custom.

Well in that case i'd agree with you 100% I've already said the sculpt could use a small tweak. My comments were directed towards the ones that complain about a missing trigger hand or that it's now compared to the "Gump" figure :lol

The damn thing comes as a 2 in 1 figure (minus a $26 body) for the same price as Arnold and Sarah. Jeez, some people.

I know you're a big Termintor fan, bad. I remember back in 2007 (when I joined this site) you have the coolest T1 custom.

Haha, I thought he was pretty cool back in the day. He had that Sideshow head on him. I had to part out all my Terminator gear for some quick money 2 years ago. One guy bought all of it. Of course with HT making these versions I'm not sad about that anymore. I just hope they really are doing T1 because an accurate police shootout version would be my ultimate Terminator figure and my holy grail...topping Blade and Vader.

I just hope they really are doing T1 as an accurate police shootout version would be my ultimate Terminator figure and my holy grail...topping Blade and Vader.
:lecture

If it is as awesome as I think HT can do, I'll consider tossing all my other figures in the garbage because of how much they will suck in comparison. Right in the trash.

Back