Hot Toys MM129 -1/6 Scale :Terminator 2 - T-1000 (official spec + pics added)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How many T1000 are getting, MF?

I've got 3 on order, planning to build 4 out of the parts.

Looks great in those toy hunters pics, especially the re-forming head, looks 100% like him that one.

For some reason, I've found the split head to look more like him all along, but either way, they both look great and I think will shine even more so when we get him.

I hate to bring this crap up but we SHOULD be getting a DX announcement soon too.... BD T-800 would seem like a good choice. PERS Head, Light Up BD Head, Outfits with different levels of damage, Gatling gun, Grenade launcher etc.

This release proves that a figure doesn't necessarily HAVE to be a "DX" figure to have all these options/accessories. When I think about it, this T-1000 has more accessories than MMS DX Batman and MMS DX Joker just about.

Just seeing these pics kind of makes me wonder why the MMS #117 T-800 couldn't have come with the minigun, bandolier, grenade launcher and a few hands.

Having the next DX figure be the BD T-800 would be a wasted slot. And when I think about it, what is so special about a "DX" figure? The PERS system? Yeah it's cool but I could live without it. The light up base? I don't really use the bases on any of my figures.

They could easily make a 2 in 1 Cyberdyne/Battle Damaged Steel Mill in one release. 2 heads, Cyberdyne gear, etc.

If any Terminator character should be a "DX" figure then it should be the 1984 Terminator, but even he could be two separate figures.

Fair enough.... All that makes a figure DX according to HT is the PERS and deluxe packaging anyway. So as long as I get a light up right eye on the BD sculpt and lots of other options I don't care if it's DX or MMS.... Just gimme more T-800!

I can definitely see a DX T-800 coming. Definitely. Or maybe not a DX per say with the only difference being the name. The amount of stuff you get with the T-1000 brought me to this conclusion. :lecture

It'll be a battle damaged version with a shed load of stuff. Hopefully.

Who's to say the BD T-800 will be a DX? might just be a regular MMS release.

T-800 could be a DX, might not be. They could do one more with a lot of gear in it, since they did 2 full costumes in one set for T-1000 I can see them doing semi and full BD costumes for T-800.

If the openings to the eyes were kept squintiy like the current T-800, I'd be game for PERS on a semi BD head. Light up Endo eye would be cool for some photos but not a deal breaker if the figure doesn't have it.

I'm not sure if T-800 will be 1 more figure or two, it could go either way. I lean more towards 1 more robust release, but you just never know. However many they do, I'm getting them all any way, my main concern is them making all the bits to assemble the 4 looks for him that I really want to make.

The dx is also about the costumes. The level of detail and complexity. I think that is the main feature of the dx Jackson.

At this point, I think the difference between MMS and DX really just comes down to PERS and the lit base, because T-1000 demonstrates an MMS with more accessories than any DX to date, and all of HT's figures have equal costuming and paint, there's nothing better about Joker or Batman than you'd get with a standard MMS figure from them.

Everytime a freak starts drawing over the top of photos you just know they've went too far.... Yet it happens with every single figure. :lol

If they're going to to it it, they could at least compare photos of the same angle. That whole moackup compared shots of the figure and real T-1000 at different angles, you can't compare the successful capture of details that way.

I check out the T-100 store display today, and I only saw 1 police belt not 2, is the spec wrong ??

I check out the T-100 store display today, and I only saw 1 police belt not 2, is the spec wrong ??

No, one belt is a traditional belt in the loop of the pants, a belt like this.

belt6-4892.jpg

But placed right, it'd fall behind the thicker police belt with all the walkies and gun pouches and such on it.

It's unlikely, but I wish they'd do a stabbing finger left hand 2, he had both when he stabs Sarah.

started last tuesday, and this thread is almost at 100 pages. i bet it will reach that mark by the end of today. :lecture

Yep, cops generally wear 2 belts. One for the pants like anyone else, and 1 for all of their gear. So even though he comes with 2 belts, its only mean for the 1 figure. You'd need seperate belts for your second T-1000 along with shirts.

It's a very fun line with a very thorough offering and great execution, lots to talk about and enjoy, and a lot of passionate fans engaging in conversation about it, which is refreshing.

That and the T-1000 is an ef'n cool villain! :lecture

That too, that actual is a highlight of T2, a great hero and a great villain and very cool face offs between them. I love how they both kept cold expressions during the galleria fight when they first square off.

That too, that actual is a highlight of T2, a great hero and a great villain and very cool face offs between them. I love how they both kept cold expressions during the galleria fight when they first square off.

Exactly. The ultimate robot vs the sleeky chameleon. God I love this film.

I'd even say Patrick looks more like heartless killing machine than Arnie, some of the shots of him in attack mode in T2 really make him look determined to kill, Arnie has a more robotic face, but that works since he's the one with a robot beneath and T-1000 is organic model.

I'd even say Patrick looks more like heartless killing machine than Arnie, some of the shots of him in attack mode in T2 really make him look determined to kill, Arnie has a more robotic face, but that works since he's the one with a robot beneath and T-1000 is organic model.

That's true but as a kid and even now I was kind of confused why the T-1000 expressed so much emotion that the T-800 didn't display. When he's frozen he makes that shocked face like "what the ____ happened to me?!?". Then at the end when the grenade goes into him and he blows up he looks shocked again. Hell, when he's in the molten steel he's literally wailing as he tries to reform out of the vat. A machine displaying emotion and about DYING no less?

I don't know, they're cool scenes but I don't see why the T-1000 appeared to be in agony at the end. I guess it would be boring if he just had that straight, determined look on his face as he's getting frozen, blown up and melted.

I'm guessing the T-1000 is self aware or something. I mean the wagging of the finger, the emotions, and even displaying satisfaction after beating the ____ out of the T-800 makes it seem like the T-1000 was more than just a machine.

Last edited:
Well, you could argue that part of his agony at the end was part of the break down, since just missing a few pieces had him breaking down after the nitrogen.

I think the emotion establishes model differences too. The T-800 is more of a brute in disguise, where the T-1000 is made to really blend in and sneak into situations. The T-800's made to look human enough to get through the door and brute enough to destroy everything it can once it's in, the T-1000 seems more designed for long term blending in so expressive program would make more sense to have.

For now, I don't know how, but I'm sure a year or two years from now, Hot Toys will do something and we'll be thinking, damn, I wish they were doing T2 figures now :lol. That's collecting though, if you follow a property you see an evolution and it's fun, though sucks when you're stuck with so-so things you'd like to unload but can't.

When I was a kid, Kenner T2 toys were the coolest, then for a long time there wasn't much for T2 fans, the McFarlane figures were ok, though T-800 lame with that fake face, but when Sideshow came around I got really excited. Sure, all along, there was room for improvement, but they were more accurrate than anything Kenner'd ever done, they served their purpose and looked great. Then NECA comes along, they elevate the quality of sculpt and representation to the next level, and most recently we get Hot Toys raising it to yet another level.

I enjoy seeing the evolution, and I enjoy mixing various manufacturer's products together in a collection and display for variety.

Back