Hot Toys - MMS 103 - X-Men Origins: Wolverine - Wolverine Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh yeah the good ol market job fakley's lol
I hand one or two pair of them. They are almost perfect at faking them except one thing that they would always do the Oakley symbol on the nose lopsided or ____ the paint job up. My GF works for Oakley so I don't have to wear fakely's anymore lol.

____ I'm glad I pasted on those wolverines though.

Ok guys here are the pics. Everything seems to be 99% close but it just doesnt feel right. It was sealed when I got it but the 3 other Wolverine I had never had the stickers. The color of the box is a tone less and not as metallic. Face paint is jacked, button on shirt is off, wife beater is shorter then my "real" one, the claws have finger prints and glue near the hand.

It almost feels like Hot Toys fd up rejected figures were taken and polished up as best as possible and by theses guys.

:horror Ouchies.

Crap I recently bought one on ebay and I'm sweating it being legit when I get it...I can already see it:

:rock2 Yes Wolverine is finally here I'm SO EXCITED...

:slap Wait why does my figure look like Hugh Jackman on broadway

Damn you ebay :devil

Wow, the paint job on the face is terrible. It almost looks like he's wearing thick mascara. Also, the eyes are pointing up and to the left? I noticed that also on the other figure that was posted here that was bought from the same seller. I thought it might have been just the angle. The box colorization gives it away big time that it didnt come off the same press. Much like the fake dvd that has the cover looking different in comparison to the real dvds.

If they weren't trying to pass them off as official Hot Toys and sold them as recast (and cheaper), I would mind having a head for a custom.

I got mine from a diff seller in Vietnam, but I'm sure these are all the same garbage so I guess this is what I'll expect in a few days.

Ugh.. My first foray back into HT after quiting 1/6 for a few years, and I'll end up with a dirty fake.

My mate went to japan at the start of the year. He collects the anime figures. I was asking him about the collector stores over there and he said that every shop he went into it was forbidden to take any photos of the figures. Because the bootleggers go in and take reference photos of stuff you can only get in japan and high end figures/ statues and make fakes then pass them off as originals. It really bad how good they ate a ripping off ____. I remember at one stage they were bootlegging high end guitars. I used to work for ibanez Australia and while I was there they were bootlegging them on eBay. The only way that ibanez could stop them from what I heard was to hire "people" to go in and trash their business. Their is no laws for copy right in those countries so there is no help from authorities.
I could see HT doing something similar if the bootlegging gets out of hand

Damn, that's hardcore Yakusa / Triad ____ right there :lol

Well, I'm not trying to insult anyone, but buying a "Hot Toys" Wolverine after it's been out around a year or more for only $250, kind of didn't sound right anyway. And you know the old saying, if it sounds to good to be true it usually isn't.

They still might be good for War (Revolution, Civil, WW I, WWII, and Vietnam) customs; just not at the price they tricking people out of.

Well, I'm not trying to insult anyone, but buying a "Hot Toys" Wolverine after it's been out around a year or more for only $250, kind of didn't sound right anyway. And you know the old saying, if it sounds to good to be true it usually isn't.

They still might be good for War (Revolution, Civil, WW I, WWII, and Vietnam) customs; just not at the price they tricking people out of.

Thats true BUT the guy has listed 30 of them over the past 1.5 months and only had a few negs or neutrals. By posting 30 he watered down the market for them.

The people who are leaving good feedback obviously don't know the difference between the real and the fake.

Damn, glad I got a legit Wolverine then before all these fakes popped up on evilbay.

Anyway, since I'm somewhat new, I figured I show off my Wolverine, along with his two "playmates!"

IMG_5644.jpg

IMG_5824.jpg

IMG_5814.jpg

They can't possible match the Quality of HT products. I mean, we are talking about paint quality, sewing and cloth material that has got to be hard to reproduce and if they can do something at that level, why not go into business on your own.

Really not as hard as you may think.

Is the seller's username 'Skiman_I_is_da_Hulk_#1'?

If so, I think I MIGHT know who is behind all of this.

Back