Hot Toys - MMS 106 - Alien - BIG CHAP collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ever since I first saw the pics here of people silvering teeth/nails and glueing mouths shut I've been thinking about following suit.

I used a metallic silver sharpie that I found in the bottom of a desk drawer. It really is like night and day. I always had trouble with deciding a pose, because I never really liked him with his head up. Now I know why. Also, I decided to not silver the toe nails as they look fine as is, and you never see them in the movie anyway. If they are metal on the original costume then oh well, I like them fine without.

Before:

IMG_3351.jpg

IMG_3352.jpg

After:

Alien04.jpg

Alien05.jpg

Alien06.jpg

Alien07.jpg

Also, decided to silver up my Alien 3 as well:
(not going to bother with before shots with this one as it's the incorrect thread for it anyway)

Dog03.jpg

Dog04.jpg

Dog05.jpg

Last edited:
I got A L I E N a little over a week ago, and sadly, once he was in-hand I understood why this thread gets so little attention. I was not as off-put by the likeness as some others, but this figure still doesn't do much for me. The rubber skin feels like it's not going to last, and the plastic on his head feels cheaper than other HT fare somehow. I was really afraid that the small sinewy areas near his mouth would snap if I tried to pull his inner teeth out, so I never did.

I'll keep him for awhile anyway, because I need an alien for my display (I've got 3 humans from the franchise, but had no actual alien until now!) and he seems to be the best I've seen from HT that isn't from some crappy AvP movie. But unlike, say, Predator, I was not very impressed with this toy. Also, he looks much better posed sideways than straight on, though as Jedah shows, he would also look pretty good with his face pointed downward. Here is how I'm displaying him.

SDC12669.jpg

SDC12668.jpg

I had to see why this thread was sticking its nose up for air.... and I'm glad I did.

NICE work, Jedah! Glad people are still going for the closed-mouth after all this time. never to late to make your HT Alien better, and meaner.

I wanted to have Alien in my collection after buying Kane and Dallas but I think its a measure of my disappointment with this figure that neither my completist tendency nor my general lack of self discipline were enough to make me buy it. I think its a thoroughly underwhelming figure, it needed to be much more.

I got A L I E N a little over a week ago, and sadly, once he was in-hand I understood why this thread gets so little attention. I was not as off-put by the likeness as some others, but this figure still doesn't do much for me. The rubber skin feels like it's not going to last, and the plastic on his head feels cheaper than other HT fare somehow. I was really afraid that the small sinewy areas near his mouth would snap if I tried to pull his inner teeth out, so I never did.

I'll keep him for awhile anyway, because I need an alien for my display (I've got 3 humans from the franchise, but had no actual alien until now!) and he seems to be the best I've seen from HT that isn't from some crappy AvP movie. But unlike, say, Predator, I was not very impressed with this toy. Also, he looks much better posed sideways than straight on, though as Jedah shows, he would also look pretty good with his face pointed downward. Here is how I'm displaying him...
that was my issue as well. i'm not impressed with any of HT's attempts at 1:6 aliens. but i decided i liked the Dog Alien the most, so i have one. what sucks about that is HT probably won't make any humans from 3. i've been deciding back and forth whether to get the Big Chap for a while, because i have Dallas and Kane. but i can't muster the will to get the alien. the only reason i've considered getting it is that nobody else is gonna make any 1:6 aliens, so this is what we're stuck with. luckily, the Big Chap isn't really going up on the aftermarket, so i'm gonna wait until i can snag one for under $100. that's what i got my Dog for and i don't even like this one as much.

I wanted to have Alien in my collection after buying Kane and Dallas but I think its a measure of my disappointment with this figure that neither my completist tendency nor my general lack of self discipline were enough to make me buy it. I think its a thoroughly underwhelming figure, it needed to be much more.

Yep, it's sad that the creature that started it all got the worst treatment from Hot Toys.

Utter failure on their part. :cuckoo:

i was packing my figures for the move since Monday...
my brown/poo-ey aliens fig just broke a hand and foot peg. after all the care trying to preserve this yucky beauty just crumbled before me...and i was kinda reconsidering getting this chap after the move...made me think twice again.:(

Big Chap is still one of my favorite collectibles in my collection. I always find myself looking at it. And chroming the teeth and nails and glueing the mouth closed really makes the figure 20x better. Nice work Jedah!

:clap for the thread resurrection!!

luckily, the Big Chap isn't really going up on the aftermarket, so i'm gonna wait until i can snag one for under $100. that's what i got my Dog for and i don't even like this one as much.
I got mine from eBay for around $125 shipped. In most circumstances, an excellent deal for a Hot Toys figure. But I'm not sure it was worth even that.

Here is a very nice batch! :clap
It is true that HT has completely botched the fidelity of the likeness in this series, among others... Ripley resembles everything except Sigourney (fortunately the power loader is there to make up for lack... I dreamed to have one, but it became too expensive...), for Kane, HT had graft a mustache (these idiots had confused the shade due to the bright lights of his helmet with a mustache! :lol)
But I digress... Once again congratulations! :clap:clap:clap

I got mine from eBay for around $125 shipped. In most circumstances, an excellent deal for a Hot Toys figure. But I'm not sure it was worth even that.

I wish I had waited to get mine. Got it right after its release on eBay for just about the retail price and that was with shipping. So at least I got a small deal, but would've been more if I had patience.

Thank you everyone for your comments (I love my Big Chap all over again), and I'm glad that you're happy about resurrecting the thread. I had a small fear of being mocked for necroposting.

P.S. I realize that, "I love my Big Chap all over again," sounds very very wrong.

Back