Hot Toys - MMS 117 Terminator 2 Model T-800 spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:yess: T-800 is waiting for me when i get home!

Hey Buddy my collector grade T800 is waiting for me too Hurray !!!! Oh wait its not collector grade the damn box is smashed! What the hell did I pay extra for? Just my luck ! Does anyone know if BBTS pays shipping on returns ??

My fortune will continue,next I will here "We are sorry to inform you but we have sold out of collector grade T800, may we replace it with another smashed box "?

All that wait and this....:gah:

Hey Buddy my collector grade T800 is waiting for me too Hurray !!!! Oh wait its not collector grade the damn box is smashed! What the hell did I pay extra for? Just my luck ! Does anyone know if BBTS pays shipping on returns ??

My fortune will continue,next I will here "We are sorry to inform you but we have sold out of collector grade T800, may we replace it with another smashed box "?

All that wait and this....:gah:

Is the shipper box smashed, as well? If so, BBTS will just blame it on the shipping vendor (UPS, FedEx, etc) and you'll have to pay return shipping.

I've had bad luck with their "collector grade". Plus, I think alot of their so-called grading is just an excuse to get more money.

review_gstdutch_30.jpg

"GET TO DA CHOPPA!"

14tahqs.jpg

"COME WITH ME IF YOU WANT TO LIVE ...."

image.axd

"DAT'S NOT A CHOPPA ..... SIGH ......."

*Thanks to the original photographers .... sorry, I have had that joke bouncing around in my head since the T-800 showed up this morning .... had to get it out :rotfl

Arnold's a great portrait for collectibles because you can be slightly off with the sculpt and still look like him. While every human face is unique, his features are just so unique to him that if you're 80% accurrate to him, there's no mistaking the portrait for anyone else.

Yulli did a great job of capturing the uniuqe characters in each potrait, the T-800 looks like the Terminator and Dutch has the character embodied in his potrait.

That, plus he is the ultimate action movie star, with apologies to better "actors" such as Eastwood, Stallone, and Christian Bale.

Hot Toys must obtain the Chuck Norris license soon.

But even if those guys were bigger stars, a Stallone portrait, for example, could end up looking a bit like Pacino if it's messed up or not accurrate enough. I just can't think of anyone whose face is similar enough to Arnold that if you mess up an Arnold sculpt, it'll look like the other person, or just won't look like anyone.

But even if those guys were bigger stars, a Stallone portrait, for example, could end up looking a bit like Pacino if it's messed up or not accurrate enough. I just can't think of anyone whose face is similar enough to Arnold that if you mess up an Arnold sculpt, it'll look like the other person, or just won't look like anyone.

The main baddy from Cobra, who also played one of the punks in T1's intro, Brian Thompson:

5635284_tml.jpg

Good call, I could see them being mistaken, he's got that same sad puss look to his lips. He also played the alien bounty hunter in X-Files.

Good call, I could see them being mistaken, he's got that same sad puss look to his lips. He also played the alien bounty hunter in X-Files.

I always thought he'd make a great stuntman for Arnie if he hit the gym a bit more. For scenes like the waterway chase from T2, I don't think you'd even need a mask so long as it wasn't a close-up.

I also think the NECA Pescadero T-800 looks more like him than Arnie. :monkey3

I always thought he'd make a great stuntman for Arnie if he hit the gym a bit more. For scenes like the waterway chase from T2, I don't think you'd even need a mask so long as it wasn't a close-up.

You certainly couldn't get much farther from looking like Arnie than the guy in the waterway, the shot of him just about to snatch John off his bikes, yikes. Though the stuntman for Arnie in Eraser when he jumps out of the plane is even worse.

You certainly couldn't get much farther from looking like Arnie than the guy in the waterway, the shot of him just about to snatch John off his bikes, yikes. Though the stuntman for Arnie in Eraser when he jumps out of the plane is even worse.

And sad thing is, that dude was wearing an Arnold mask. :lol

This one's awesome:

He smacked the black out of him!
One of the many stunt doubles but this one is particularly interesting since it doesn't even try to hide it's a stunt double. The guy is of a different race for god's sakes. On the other hand maybe T really did smack the black out of that guy.

stuntman1.jpg

stuntman2.jpg

:lol:rotfl:lol:rotfl:lol They should've fired the continuity person for something like that. Given what a control freak Cameron is, I'm surprised he didn't. :lol

:lol I had a real good feeling you'd like that one in particular. I lol'd just from the title.

:lol Yeah, I just don't see how something THAT blatant was overlooked. Continuity people get paid a decent wage to do just that on films. But something like this, hell, even the friggin' grip should've been like, "Um... hey guys? Yeah, wasn't the actor, you know, like black? And this dudes, you know, white?"

Back