Hot Toys - MMS 117 Terminator 2 Model T-800 spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've recently managed to find a 1/6 harley fatboy to display with my T-800. However, it's one of the New Bright ones - it looks ok, but could be tweaked to look better. One of the major issues I have is that the handlebars are black rather than chrome-effect. I'd like to mod it a bit; add wires, improve on the detailing, etc. To this end, can anybody recommend a chrome or chrome-effect paint that is easy - and cheap - to apply?

I've recently managed to find a 1/6 harley fatboy to display with my T-800. However, it's one of the New Bright ones - it looks ok, but could be tweaked to look better. One of the major issues I have is that the handlebars are black rather than chrome-effect. I'd like to mod it a bit; add wires, improve on the detailing, etc. To this end, can anybody recommend a chrome or chrome-effect paint that is easy - and cheap - to apply?

There's silver leaf, you can buy it in paint or pen form. picked one up a Michael's Craft Store.

In Michael crawfords review I noticed his t800's jacket seems to have the same problem.:dunno
tityud.jpg

You can see where the "silver" seems to be tarnishing.

No rust or tarnish on my buttons. :dunno

Whatever you do, don't use armor all on the vinyl, that will cause the buttons to oxidize.

Last edited:
In Michael crawfords review I noticed his t800's jacket seems to have the same problem.:dunno
tityud.jpg

You can see where the "silver" seems to be tarnishing.

Are you sure what your looking at isnt the wash they put over the buttons. Mine has a weathering effect to them and it rubs right off. Same color as the weathering on the leather jacket. Im not even sure the buttons are even real metal but just coated in chrome.

Dunno if this is already discussed somewhere, but here goes...

Images from HT-fanpage, facebook. Hot Toys booth@Ani-Com:

T1_a.jpg

T1_b.jpg

This kinda looks like a teaser for T1. We might be getting this soon...

If you got to HT's facebook page and scroll through the con pics in their display cases second from right next to Avatar, looks a bit Terminator to me. Could be wrong though.

Back