Hot Toys: MMS 139 Resident Evil: Afterlife: 1/6th scale Alice Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She looks fine, but now let's not pretend this is one of HT's best sculpts.

I can understand why anyone would be willing to comment negatively about this fig. Given the level of accuracy HT has reached over the last few years, this sculpt is quite subpar IMO. Certainly not an excellent lileness no matter how many awesome pics you take of it. On the other hand, let's see it this way, this is also their first attempt to portray Milla. Their upcoming Alices might be (let's hope so) better. They just need more practice, as proved with many other past releases.

"Subpar" sculpt would be Thor, Indy, the SuckerPunch girls, etc. This is a better portrayal of the actor/actress than those so I'd say this came out good, far from great, for a 1st Milla release.

unless there are released pics i havent seen babydoll looked OK...

are there any shots of the full body of alice out of the box?

is her head in proportion now??

It is subpar when compared to other sculpts such as Sweeney, DX Sparrow, 89 Joker, Barney Ross...etc etc etc.

I also agree it came out good, just not as good as it could have been.

I can live with the sculpt. It's does look more feminine than the proto but at the same time also slightly more caricature-ish. I noticed that will all their female figures. Can't quite escape the barbiedoll genes I guess.

IMG_2303.jpg

I can definitely see Milla's likeness on this angle! :)

She looks fine, but now let's not pretend this is one of HT's best sculpts.

I can understand why anyone would be willing to comment negatively about this fig. Given the level of accuracy HT has reached over the last few years, this sculpt is quite subpar IMO. Certainly not an excellent lileness no matter how many awesome pics you take of it. On the other hand, let's see it this way, this is also their first attempt to portray Milla. Their upcoming Alices might be (let's hope so) better. They just need more practice, as proved with many other past releases.

You can tell all that from those photos? :dunno

"Subpar" sculpt would be Thor, Indy, the SuckerPunch girls, etc. This is a better portrayal of the actor/actress than those so I'd say this came out good, far from great, for a 1st Milla release.

I don't see anything wrong with Thor. :dunno I'll bet that Indy has improvements made before he gets released. I'm not interested in the Sucker Punch line (the movie didn't do much for me.), but I'll bet they turn out great, too.

Hot Toys has great artists and high standards, so there's no reason why should drop the ball on anything they set their minds to creating.

I just see them getting better and better. :dunno

I don't see anything wrong with Thor. :dunno I'll bet that Indy has improvements made before he gets released. I'm not interested in the Sucker Punch line (the movie didn't do much for me.), but I'll bet they turn out great, too.

Hot Toys has great artists and high standards, so there's no reason why should drop the ball on anything they set their minds to creating.

I just see them getting better and better. :dunno

Thor's hair is terrible. And his expression stinks, in every single picture he looks like he is lost in the dark. Your optimism about how Indy & the SP girls turn out is fine and all but that doesn't change the fact that their initial proto sculpts sucked.

Sucked is a strong word...but I can't deny that I want Indy to look more Indy.

Thors hair and expression has a tendency to look a little odd in photos, but on the shelf he looks great.

Thor's hair is terrible. And his expression stinks, in every single picture he looks like he is lost in the dark. Your optimism about how Indy & the SP girls turn out is fine and all but that doesn't change the fact that their initial proto sculpts sucked.

Your post is quite ironic considering you are always complaining, together with other members, about "whiners", "trolls" and "tittybabies".

I hate that peeps excuse HT time when one of their releases is not up to par. If theyre spending so much on the licensing, they should get it right the first time. We shouldnt have to wait until V3.0 to finally be satisfied. We know for sure they have artists that are more than capable of this. Oh well, rants over.

Back