Hot Toys MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

I don't understand the Commando figure. It's seems like a random figure no one asked for, from a film that wasn't that popular to begin with. HT did a poll a few years ago, and I remember Commando won the poll for some reason instead of Conan the Barbarian, but it seems like an odd choice, unless they think they can reuse that body for other Terminator/Arnie figures.

We'll probably see more vintage characters. Maybe 2 or 3 releases a year, with no intentions of making supporting characters from those franchises. There are still some famous characters from the 80's and 90's they can make. Beetlejuice would be cool, but even the SS version seems to be on hold...either that, or they are fixing the sculpt.

I suspect that, because they have the rights to Arnie's face sculpt, they could make another figure of him?

Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

My HT wish list and then I can retire:

1. Pfeiffer Catwoman
2. DeVito Penguin
3. Rambo 2.0
4. Rocky 2.0
5. Jedi Luke
6. Yoda
7. Emperor
8. Alien Big Chap 2.0
9. Endoskeleton 1/6 2.0

My HT wish list and then I can retire:

1. Pfeiffer Catwoman
2. DeVito Penguin
3. Rambo 2.0
4. Rocky 2.0
5. Jedi Luke
6. Yoda
7. Emperor
8. Alien Big Chap 2.0
9. Endoskeleton 1/6 2.0

Any specific version of Rocky and Rambo?

Mime Joker was a Bomb because nobody ask for it. It came from nowhere. And would not have been the 1st choice for a Joker variant. I think the museum Look should have been the choice!! Mime was a fail for the beginning.

Any specific version of Rocky and Rambo?

Yeah, not sure yet. Wouldn't mind the old-school look of Rocky I that would come with his classic street clothes, boxing gear, normal head sculpt, and Apollo-damaged. As a Sideshow exclusive, they could throw in an extra TrueType to display both looks like they did for DX04. For Rambo, a good version of First Blood would be awesome with loads of accessories, two head sculpts.

Mime Joker was a Bomb because nobody ask for it. It came from nowhere. And would not have been the 1st choice for a Joker variant. I think the museum Look should have been the choice!! Mime was a fail for the beginning.

They must have felt that the Museum outfit was too similar to DX08, they wanted a more distinctive look to be their next release. Unfortunately they assumed the relative lack of interest in that figure denoted lack of interest generally.

Last edited:

Batman looks great in recent pics, I can't say the same for the Keaton headsculpt. Single-pack for me.

The Australian distributor has updated to a late Feb arrival for both sets. Right in time for my birthday :)

Putting my PO in next week for the single release.

as much as I like the wired cape and much improvement over the DX09.Its so annoying!.always puffs out!

Attachments

• 20160107_224712.jpg
    20160107_224712.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 273

I was going to wait till I had the figure in hand but going on your posts about it I know I'm more than likely going to hate the stock cape so I ordered Tony's one today.

Pretty much the reason my collecting comes to a STOP after Batman. Its actually a good thing considering that Sandtrooper and Batman alone will cost me $700 CAN. That’s a ****load of money folks for two figures.

Yea it is getting crazy, our $1.00 dollar is at freaking $0.70 USD now.

I'm calling it quits for this year after Leia (must have for me) and maybe Fett (only if he turns out amazing).

It seems HT is pretty much done with The Dark Knight series or Terminator (1 and 2 only) so my future purchases will be limited until round of ESB figures arrive.

I was going to wait till I had the figure in hand but going on your posts about it I know I'm more than likely going to hate the stock cape so I ordered Tony's one today.
Yup you made a wise decision.i ordered one as soon Tony posted it here lol

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

It seems HT is pretty much done with The Dark Knight series

End of an era. That line is the reason HT became so popular and the reason so many people in this forum even got hooked on HT to begin with. I don't think they'll ever be done with it though, but who knows with the new dc cinematic universe launching soon. In two year it'll be the 10th anniversary of TDK, so I can see them releasing something.

They must have felt that the Museum outfit was too similar to DX08, they wanted a more distinctive look to be their next release. Unfortunately they assumed the relative lack of interest in that figure denoted lack of interest generally.

Then they should have done a Jack Napier with a Museum-scene sculpt included.

End of an era. That line is the reason HT became so popular and the reason so many people in this forum even got hooked on HT to begin with. I don't think they'll ever be done with it though, but who knows with the new dc cinematic universe launching soon. In two year it'll be the 10th anniversary of TDK, so I can see them releasing something.

Damn I feel old - almost 10 years since TDK!!?!?

Yup. 10 years,.. time flies.

Wow another one that's just getting Batman, I'm really surprised that many are passing on the set :lecture

Can you imagine if HT did this..with no eye makeup

Last edited:
Back