Hot Toys MMS 692 + 693 BATMAN (1989) 1/6 scale Batman 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
giphy.webp

mms595-9.jpg
There are literally half a dozen Bale Batman on Sideshow right now in 1/6 AND 1/4 scale... Cherry picking the absolute worse one doesn't negate that.

Very similar to how almost every company has something against the Returns suit (until VERY recently) and the Panther Suit from Forever. Not enough representation of any of those currently.

Now that's what I was expecting to release, or least something closer to it than what we ended up getting. Couldn't even get them to give a properly ratchet jointed body ffs. A better body would have been the main reason for pickup for me even secondhand to swap into my DX09. Not even worth bothering with that idea now. Better off getting a totally different body that will hold up over time.

Now that's what I was expecting to release, or least something closer to it than what we ended up getting. Couldn't even get them to give a properly ratchet jointed body ffs. A better body would have been the main reason for pickup for me even secondhand to swap into my DX09. Not even worth bothering with that idea now. Better off getting a totally different body that will hold up over time.
The cape, suit texture, cowl shape, faceplates, all so much better to the point I just have no words. How can you look at that, then watch Justin’s video and not cancel? Keaton faceplate was so good here. Lighting and viewing distance has zero effect in my future display, if it’s not quality up close then it’s only a nuisance to me. The only thing they improved upon from this photo was the bat emblem and some texture on the cowl, that’s it.

In hindsight, it would've been better if Mars Toys had done a Keaton Batman. Their paint job might not be on par but at least they put in more effort and time to make their figures look as good as possible

Final cowl and face plates are the same as the prototype. Justin's booty lightbox isn't going to change my mind :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 720087
View attachment 720088
No, you can tell by the chin that it isn’t.
There’s a lot of similarities between them but the proto chin is more defined and protrudes from the cowl a bit more.

It’s truly an odd situation as the photos you’re referring to (promo photos on SS)
Look like what we got more or less. Where as this photo which is a screenshot, came from a video SS posted on YT in Nov ‘23 along side the Artisan Joker, yet it looks completely different to what we got. That’s not a DX09 in any way.

IMG_3025.jpeg

IMG_3045.jpeg

Last edited:
This was my first ever Hot Toys pre-order (ordered through Sideshow). I've obviously never cancelled an order. I know they say "non-refundable deposit," buttttt, do they hold firm to that? It stings to think nearly $40 would be down the drain on top of the sourness of being forced to cancel, not gonna lie...

Ok, I think I’ve seen enough pics and vids to say that it is really disappointing. DX09 is still my holy grail.
Now 3 scenarios are offered to me:

A: I cancel my PO as my DX09 still delights me as day 1 and try to grab a gargoyle base later. (They should sell at high price IMO)

B: I keep the base and sell the figure, accessories and box. But what is the right price?

C: I keep everything and put the figure next to the Jazzinc Batmobile but from back. Probably the best part of the figure…😅

IMG_3342.jpeg

This was my first ever Hot Toys pre-order (ordered through Sideshow). I've obviously never cancelled an order. I know they say "non-refundable deposit," buttttt, do they hold firm to that? It stings to think nearly $40 would be down the drain on top of the sourness of being forced to cancel, not gonna lie...
You only get the NRD back if you get an official delay email from Sideshow. Otherwise, no, you won't get it back.

Yes they hold true unless final product doesn’t meet deadline. I canceled and ate $40, but that’s better than to eat this at $400, only for them to hit us with zoom in photos in two years saying they caught on.

From here on out, any figure that doesn’t at least live up to the prototype is canceled. I love that base, and I’m not into dioramas. Finally something to appear statuesque from HT only for them to butcher the main component.

Last edited:
Don’t know but the over textured quasi melted cowl makes me think to the Denuo novo 89 cowl fiasco…
IMG_5413.jpeg

There’s a lot of similarities between them but the proto chin is more defined and protrudes from the cowl a bit more.

It’s truly an odd situation as the photos you’re referring to (promo photos on SS)
Look like what we got more or less. Where as this photo which is a screenshot, came from a video SS posted on YT in Nov ‘23 along side the Artisan Joker, yet it looks completely different to what we got. That’s not a DX09 in any way.

View attachment 720097

View attachment 720100

For me it wasn’t the same figure they delivered…
IMG_1724.jpeg

IMG_1725.jpeg

IMG_1723.jpeg

Even the cowl was different with the bump on the forehead way more pronounced and accurate IMO…

For me it wasn’t the same figure they delivered…

Even the cowl was different with the bump on the forehead way more pronounced and accurate IMO…
Yes exactly, faceplate was way better it’s not even close. Also, the production bottom eyelids are completely smooth taking away further realism from the piece. A slight reduction from this was all that was needed, not removal. I just feel like washing my hands of this release.

It needed some creasing / wrinkling of skin.
You also should be able to see some of his upper eyelid and brow a bit more. Look at how awfully shaped those eye cuts are! Completely in the opposite direction. :horror

IMG_3343.jpeg

We deserve better than this for a classic, they can have the $40.

Last edited:

View attachment 720097

View attachment 720100

I was referring to how he looks in that prototype display, not the sideshow promo images. The jaw/chin looks the same to me.

hot toys batman 1989 2.0 vs prototype vlcsnap-2024-08-14-11h40m47s881.jpg

Back